Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Last Ride
  • 1 Post By Lanhoj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG will make the Nexus 5

There is a good chance that the Nexus 5 will be basing off the LG Optimus G Pro, which has been officially announced on Japanese carrier DoCoMo and here the specs:

The LG Optimus G Pro boasts a 5-inch 1080p display, nearly no bezel, 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB RAM, 32GB storage with microSDXC card slot, 3000mAh battery, 13MP rear camera and comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box.

If LG/Google offer the "NEXUS 5 with 16GB" with the specs above at $349, they better have a lot of devices in stock because it will be even more popular than the Nexus 4.

here's what LG said at CES

LG Electronics SVP James Fisher went off on a tangent during the firm's packed press conference at CES this morning, revealing that the LG Nexus 4 is just "the first of many" Nexus products it is working on, and hinting that the two companies might be secretly developing another smartphone or tablet device.

Fisher said, "Through our collaboration with Google, we launched the LG Nexus 4 smartphone. This is the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company."
    Thanked by:

Default Re: LG will make the Nexus 5

I'd be fine with that...

Imagine:
    -quad-core / 1.7GHZ
    -2GB RAM
    -5inch 1080p
    -3,000 mAh
    -16/32GB storage
    -3/13megapixel cameras
    -LTE
    -299/349$
    -better back plate

Now THAT would be a helluva steal!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Interesting, LG may very well be working on other Nexus devices, but there's no way the Nexus 5 will have the same processor as the Nexus 4.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    I'd be fine with that...

Imagine:
    -quad-core / 1.7GHZ
    -2GB RAM
    -5inch 1080p
    -3,000 mAh
    -16/32GB storage
    -3/13megapixel cameras
    -LTE
    -299/349$
    -better back plate

Now THAT would be a helluva steal!

If it's a Nexus, you can rule out LTE and Verizon. I think it's still too early to go to supporting LTE when Google just said in the last few months that the Nexus wouldn't at this time. I'm always hoping though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

An LG Nexus 5 with those specs would be great! Here's hoping it happens.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    ROM

Pure speculation in the op. There is no evidence the Nexus 5 (or whatever it will be called) will be based on the Optimus G Pro. I'm still betting the next LG Nexus device will be a followup to the Nexus 7. A Nexus 5 based on the G Pro would be nice, but even if it happened, the earliest we would see it is fall. Unless they call it the Nexus 4S....
    Bryan
    Curve 8530 > OG Droid > DInc 2 > OG Storm > Droid Pro > Droid 3 > Droid RAZR > Galaxy SII > Nexus 4
    aaronbuescher likes this.

Not buying another LGarbage even if its a Nexus. I'm keeping all my Nexus phones but I'll wait for Google to announce the Motorola X. Hopefully it actually has a usable camera and we know it will have great battery.
    United States Air Force

Default Odp: LG will make the Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by Nakrohtap View Post
    If it's a Nexus, you can rule out LTE and Verizon. I think it's still too early to go to supporting LTE when Google just said in the last few months that the Nexus wouldn't at this time. I'm always hoping though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Verizon requires CDMA phone which requires diffrent modem, so default Nexus will never gonna support it

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Odp: LG will make the Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Verizon requires CDMA phone which requires diffrent modem, so default Nexus will never gonna support it
    unless they use the qualcomm MDM9615M radio

Default Odp: LG will make the Nexus 5

Quote Originally Posted by SStudly View Post
    unless they use the qualcomm MDM9615M radio
    Yes maybe, but i dont think they care about locked-by-design network so much

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Default Re: Odp: LG will make the Nexus 5

i think they need to make it with Samsung, because Samsung didn't make an iteration of the GNEX for their personal sales, they made the GNEX and it was a total departure from their other phones. I guess you could call it a precursor to the GS3, but still, it wasnt as simiar as the N4 compared to the Optimus G. Maybe they will try out Sony, I'd like that!

Quote Originally Posted by acbuescher View Post
    i think they need to make it with Samsung
    I'd rather Moto, HTC or Sony.
    Not a big fan of Sammy's plastics. My NS chipped easily & my GNex didn't feel premium in the hand...plus they've already made 3 Nexus devices so it's time someone else gets a shot.

Sure the N4 is more prone to breaking because of the glass back but it looks & feels premium IMO.

MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Absolutely Motorola as said by CEO's recently abt new phone with durability and longevity of battery.

ROM
    CM 10.1 and AOKP 4.2 RP

This would be nice. Though, the only thing holding HTC back is its software, so a Nexus made by them would be phenomenal.