Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MangoPowah
  • 1 Post By The Real X Dawg
  • 1 Post By The Real X Dawg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,582 Global Posts

Default HTC thinks a second tiny phone is the answer to your oversized smartphone complaints

HTC thinks a second tiny phone is the answer to your oversized smartphone complaints | The Verge via The Verge

Instead of giving us good, not-so-ridiculously large phones, HTC solution is a second device?
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: HTC thinks a second tiny phone is the answer to your oversized smartphone complaints

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that this is a lame idea.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Default Re: HTC thinks a second tiny phone is the answer to your oversized smartphone complaints

A phone for our phone? What a great idea!

HTC just derp'd.
    Johnly and javadandy like this.

ROM
    ViperOne

It could have been a bit more visually appealing. I'd rather find one of those bag phones while wearing a jheri curl than getting caught using that accessory.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    mightyfacundo likes this.

ROM
    Viper

I was so excited when I read the headline, then I saw it...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Default Odp: HTC thinks a second tiny phone is the answer to your oversized smartphone complaints

That would actully be good idea for tablets

Default Re: Odp: HTC thinks a second tiny phone is the answer to your oversized smartphone complaints

How about a place to store (and keep charged) an earpiece/headset on a phablet? Then if you don't want to hold the salad plate up to your head you can pull out the small headset. All you really need that is smaller is a way to keep your phablet in your pocket while making a call.

After reading the article it's not a bad idea in my opinion.. It's not a extra charge or service plan. You just don't have to keep the larger phone in your hand the whole time. It comes as a accessory.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

ROM
    ViperOne

Default Re: Odp: HTC thinks a second tiny phone is the answer to your oversized smartphone complaints

Quote Originally Posted by ronknapper View Post
    How about a place to store (and keep charged) an earpiece/headset on a phablet? Then if you don't want to hold the salad plate up to your head you can pull out the small headset. All you really need that is smaller is a way to keep your phablet in your pocket while making a call.
    A bluetooth?

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!
    Ry likes this.

HTC has lost their ever loving mind.....

Ok.......I actually read the article. lol. For the other features...its a nice idea. Wanting me to carry this out n about and use this instead of my smartphone....bad idea. I use my smartphone for too many other things. I actually use my smartphone for more than calls n texts. Use it as a house phone? Maybe....I could keep the smartphone on the charger near a network extender... Doing all that tho....I have a blue tooth headset...

This would make a good in the house accessory. Out the house.....not a good idea IMO.