Nexus 7 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
ASUS and Google working on Nexus 7 successor, says DigiTimes

The ASUS-made Nexus 7 has been a runaway success -- arguably the most successful Android tablet yet, and certainly the most popular Nexus device to date. So it shouldn't come as much of a surprise to hear that a successor might be in the works, and due for launch later this year.

That's exactly what's being reported by Taiwanese outlet DigiTimes, which cites its sometimes right, sometimes wrong supply chain sources with access to "engineering samples" of the tablet. The site claims the ASUS-built Nexus 7 successor (Nexus 8, perhaps?) will feature a "full HD" 1080p display, thinner bezels and the same attractive $199-249 price point. "Several specifications" will also be upgraded, DigiTimes says, though no specifics are given.

The site's sources also estimate total Nexus 7 shipments at six million as of the end of January, with the $249 32GB Wifi-only version being the most popular at present.

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds very interesting. I'll have to pass on the original n7 and get this one instead. Once again showing off to all the iPad mini/ kindle users ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I will almost definitely be in for 1. I have the original 7 and love it. If it indeed is full HD then it wont feel like such a huge step backwards when I look from my DNA to my N7.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I can buy into this rumor more than the motogoogle X phone that I guarantee is about as real as the iphone 5s alleged holo keyboard.

Google io event is in May and that'll be just 2 months shy of a year after the nexus 7 launch, and I'm pretty sure they probably will have new hardware to show, not to mention tegra 3 is getting pretty old.

I'd like to get 2 years out of my n7 though, so I won't be buying, I just wish they'd get 4.2.2 out to fix the laginess

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87