Nexus 7 2
ASUS and Google working on Nexus 7 successor, says DigiTimesThe ASUS-made Nexus 7 has been a runaway success -- arguably the most successful Android tablet yet, and certainly the most popular Nexus device to date. So it shouldn't come as much of a surprise to hear that a successor might be in the works, and due for launch later this year.
That's exactly what's being reported by Taiwanese outlet DigiTimes, which cites its sometimes right, sometimes wrong supply chain sources with access to "engineering samples" of the tablet. The site claims the ASUS-built Nexus 7 successor (Nexus 8, perhaps?) will feature a "full HD" 1080p display, thinner bezels and the same attractive $199-249 price point. "Several specifications" will also be upgraded, DigiTimes says, though no specifics are given.
The site's sources also estimate total Nexus 7 shipments at six million as of the end of January, with the $249 32GB Wifi-only version being the most popular at present.
- 01-29-2013, 12:25 PM #2
- 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM #3
- 01-29-2013, 02:54 PM #4
- 501 Posts
Re: Nexus 7 2
I can buy into this rumor more than the motogoogle X phone that I guarantee is about as real as the iphone 5s alleged holo keyboard.
Google io event is in May and that'll be just 2 months shy of a year after the nexus 7 launch, and I'm pretty sure they probably will have new hardware to show, not to mention tegra 3 is getting pretty old.
I'd like to get 2 years out of my n7 though, so I won't be buying, I just wish they'd get 4.2.2 out to fix the laginess
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
- By brandonscott in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 15Last Post: 03-22-2010, 04:18 PM
- By ERDude in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 9Last Post: 12-20-2009, 02:35 PM
- By Genetic_Bloom in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 16Last Post: 12-19-2009, 07:40 PM
- By Jibeker in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 12Last Post: 12-19-2009, 02:28 PM
- By aquaj13 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 12-17-2009, 09:18 PM