Google Nexus X?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Google Nexus X phone specs include 1080p display, Android Key Lime Pie | Northern Voices Online I wonder if the X phone will be a Nexus? Would it make sense for Google to have 2 phones competing with each other?

This article is a week old. None of the articles from yesterday mention a Nexus. Is this speculation where someone added 2 + 2 together and got 5? This is the first I'm hearing of a Nexus X.
I'm thinking it won't be a Nexus just because of the fact that I heard the main launch partner being Verizon.
That probably has a lot to do with this phone coming out.
Also, a Nexus wouldn't be released in July. This seems simply the easiest way to make a Nexus like device and not calling it one. It will have LTE. Nexus does not support LTE. Therefore, I don't see this being called a Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This article is a week old. None of the articles from yesterday mention a Nexus. Is this speculation where someone added 2 + 2 together and got 5? This is the first I'm hearing of a Nexus X.
I'm thinking it won't be a Nexus just because of the fact that I heard the main launch partner being Verizon.
That probably has a lot to do with this phone coming out.
Also, a Nexus wouldn't be released in July. This seems simply the easiest way to make a Nexus like device and not calling it one. It will have LTE. Nexus does not support LTE. Therefore, I don't see this being called a Nexus.

Generally i completely agree, but you have no idea if the next nexus will have lte or not. The gnex did. Most all US phones do. You never know if it will be there or not. Google has not really given much of a stance on the issue...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Generally i completely agree, but you have no idea if the next nexus will have lte or not. The gnex did. Most all US phones do. You never know if it will be there or not. Google has not really given much of a stance on the issue...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

You're right. I don't know if the next Nexus will have LTE. I remember reading this article and figured since nothing much has changed since October, this would still be the case for now.
http://m.tomshardware.com/news/Nexus-4-Google-LTE-Smartphone,18804.html