1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Cold As Ice

Default Kyocera Torgue New Coming to Sprint

I saw this the other day and has pretty much the features I want in my next phone. Please give me your opinion on this phone.

Features
    This phone is also the first in the U.S. with Kyocera's Smart Sonic Receiver bone-conduction technology for better reception
    1.2 g snapdragon
    4 GB internal storage, raw hardware
    1 GB internal storage, available to user
    1 GB RAM
    NFC
    sdCard support
    5MP camera
    meets IP67 for dust and water immersion / Mil-Spec 810G for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain, low pressure, humidity and immersion for up to 30 minutes in up to 1 meter of water

I see Kyocera is new to the phne market so it will be interesting to see how it fairs in today vastly growing Android phone market.

I also prefer the physical keys over the touch keys.

Default Re: Kyocera Torgue New Coming to Sprint

Thinking of getting this. I'm not due for an upgrade yet so does any one know the retail price? I have searched and I could only find the upgrade price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Regular price is $349.99.

I've had the device for roughly a week and have had fun testing the ruggedness claims. So far it has taken the drop and submersion tests I've put it through and showing no wear for the worse yet. If durability is your primary driver behind your phone purchase I would recommend.
    Last edited by sramse05; 03-29-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Eek. Pretty low-end specs, especially internal storage. Good for people upgrading from feature phones I guess.

I would agree, an early adopter of the latest devices wouldn't see the Torque as class leading hardware but I would suggest that isn't its purpose. I'm a Product Ambassador for Sprint so I've been able to jump around from device to device with my handset just prior to the Torque being the LG Optimus G. I was very curious to see if the move down in RAM and processor would materially impact my experience. The quad core in the G is a blazer so I did notice a difference in the fluidity during transitions but I'm not experiencing any negatively impacting lag or latency issues. (during transitions between homescreens/apps) Has anyone else been able to experience the Smart Sonic technology in the device? I've had pretty good luck with it so far and interest to see what others thought about it.