we need an Google Glass forum.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
It is a mobile device in my opinion and it has been announced by Sergey himself. It may not be available but it has been announced to the public. It should have it's own forum for sure.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As of right now, I don't think there is much info out there and the public release is a ways off.
I did read that the early adopters will be receiving there devices soon (with in a month), so hopefully we should have a lot of news on these soon.

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Why the serious **** would you use Google Glass. As if Google doesn't know enough about us, we need them seeing and hearing everything with facial recognition too? Say the wrong thing around someone wearing them, and you could be boned for the rest of your life. I sure know I don't want Google knowing what I say around my friends. That's just paranoid me. It's cool technology, I'm just very cautious

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but this Gawker piece from last month just came to mind:

If You Wear Google?s New Glasses You Are An A**hole

Why the serious **** would you use Google Glass. As if Google doesn't know enough about us, we need them seeing and hearing everything with facial recognition too? Say the wrong thing around someone wearing them, and you could be boned for the rest of your life. I sure know I don't want Google knowing what I say around my friends. That's just paranoid me. It's cool technology, I'm just very cautious

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

I don't think any of this is relevant to the topic here.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If it runs Android (which I'm not positive it does and I am too lazy to check right now) I imagine we will set up a forum for it closer to it's availability.

My 2 cents on the discussion about it: It's interesting tech, and it's new tech.. and I would bet that after a few years it will quickly evolve to blend into normal looking glasses and you won't be able to even tell who is using it, so we'd all best get used to the idea that it will be around.

In terms of Google having so much access to your life and information, this doesn't concern me personally at all. I've put basically my whole life in their hands at this point already, lol, and Google has proven themselves to protect users privacy and data as well as any other company possibly could, and I trust my information locked up on their servers more than anywhere else to be honest.

EDIT: Just dawned on me that we do have a forum section for Google Branded devices which do not necessarily run Android, so given that I would say a section for Glass will come in time :)

Last edited:

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

They already do all of that with your phone. They can turn on the mic or cameras or Gps any time they want. If you are that paranoid, get rid of your cell phone

Sent from my SCH-I535

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They already do all of that with your phone. They can turn on the mic or cameras or Gps any time they want. If you are that paranoid, get rid of your cell phone

Sent from my SCH-I535

This. There really are no extra privacy concerns with Glass except with people who may be videotaping using Glass without others knowing. But I think there is an indicator next to the camera when it is videotaping (there should be).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Glass has awesome potential. Google already knows everything there is to know about you and everything else in the world. I know this because there is a disagreement on whether Google or God (or the gods) knows more about the world, and I've asked them both directly on Twitter to find out which one wins. If you didn't want Google to have all of your info you should have been born on Mars or in 1492. Be excellent to each other, and party on dude.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait for people walking down the street talking to themselves, OK Glass', thinking they look awesome and rich.
And us average Joe's, just think they have serious issues.
Good days...

Sent from my XOOM.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait for people walking down the street talking to themselves, OK Glass', thinking they look awesome and rich.
And us average Joe's, just think they have serious issues.
Good days...

Sent from my XOOM.

...what?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but Glass is still cool and us tech junkies can still use them. :)

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yes, US tech junkies!
Some rich people are just idiots, mean and crazy.
Bit yes, tech nerds will love the device. Just waiting for the 2nd version of glass to come out, so the
- original Glass is significantly cheaper...

Sent from my XOOM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress