Galaxy Note 3

Saltcreep

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I've been following news daily on the Galaxy Note 3, since I decided to pass on the spec bumps of the S4. I've searched this forum and don't see any posts on the Note 3 (much less a sub-forum) so I'm starting one. Thought it was strange there isn't one already..

The rumored key features on the Note 3 are:

- Exynos 5 on all units
- Screen bump to 5.9"
- Could feature a flexible YOUM OLED display
- September announcement at IFA 2013 in Berlin
- Key Lime Pie

Who's waiting for it?? What have you heard??

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
def waiting for this. Have a note 2 since December and love it. So I know the next one will be great. It seems Samsung wil end up doing what the did on S3 and note 2. Skip there processor in S4 but include it in Note 3. If they can keep the phone size the same but have bigger screen that will be fantastic.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Everything in the OP looks to be about right except for the flexible screen. I don't think we'll be seeing it any time this year other than what they already showed back in January, unless it's a more advanced prototype. I had read awhile back that the Galaxy S4 would be the last "typical" (I can't think of a better word, or the words that was used to describe the design atm) design from Samsung, and that whatever comes out next year to succeed the S4 will likely have the YOUM display.

That 6.3" that the gamepad can hold is apparently for another device that's not the Note 3.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
If they keep the phone the same physical shape and size I'm definitely in. Anything bigger I can't hold and use with one hand. I hope they do like on s4 and just make screen bigger. All I can say is I love my note 2 and I watch my missed tv episodes on it and it doesn't bother me because screen is amazing.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Using N4 right now. My next phone will prolly be either the note 3 or N5 with an honorable mention to the X phone. Decision is pending . . .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Bruh-Man

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Man.. I just don't know if they can really do much better than the Note 2 without making some boneheaded change that they thought was innovative but ends up destroying what used to be a good idea. For the 1st time in many years after my purchase of the Note 10.1 and the Note 2, I really feel like I don't need to look at anything else. What really does a flexible screen do for a user? who bends any screen to look at it? What am I going to do... mount my phone on my eyes like shades and look like Geordi? I don't think so. I'm personally fine with the home button, otherwise that's smudges and prints on the whole face of the phone instead of just part of it.

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Man.. I just don't know if they can really do much better than the Note 2 without making some boneheaded change that they thought was innovative but ends up destroying what used to be a good idea. For the 1st time in many years after my purchase of the Note 10.1 and the Note 2, I really feel like I don't need to look at anything else. What really does a flexible screen do for a user? who bends any screen to look at it? What am I going to do... mount my phone on my eyes like shades and look like Geordi? I don't think so. I'm personally fine with the home button, otherwise that's smudges and prints on the whole face of the phone instead of just part of it.

One thing I would like is an FM feature, like the S4. The IR remote control is something I'd use.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Im still digging the note2, even though I will want the 3, I still think there is a lot of life left in the 2, before a refresh. Even the s3 still is decent. Personally, I like to get the new toy like everyone, but a 1 year refresh? The note 2 still does things new for me at least once a week at this point. just my opinion, dont get me wrong......I will see the 3 and say" oooo piece of candy" and pick it up. I usually get tired of the same device. The note2 is the first phone I would keep for the 2 year subsidy cycle, had I not bought it off contract. But I agree with most posters, keep the overall same size.