Galaxy Note 3

EatMyTracers

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been seeing rumors recently of the note 3 not coming with an s-pen because you can now do air view with your finger but this really doesn't make any sense. I use my s-pen far more than for just air view and it's a major selling point of the phone and has no disadvantages so why would they get rid of it. I personally think they will keep it.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been seeing rumors recently of the note 3 not coming with an s-pen because you can now do air view with your finger but this really doesn't make any sense. I use my s-pen far more than for just air view and it's a major selling point of the phone and has no disadvantages so why would they get rid of it. I personally think they will keep it.

Agreed.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Same body size, 1/4" top bezel for speaker/camera, no side or bottom bezel, no buttons.... that gets you around ... 1/2" more wide and 1 1/2" long. That gives you about 1.54 to 1.55 more inches extra screen, measured diagonally. Too big. If the 6.3 rumors are true, that means we're seeing a 1/4" increase in width and 1/2" increase in length, or something similar to this. That's about a .79 or .80 inch extension, taking us from 5.5" to 6.3".

Getting rid of the S-Pen would be a mistake in my opinion.

patbless

May 13, 2013
Visit site
They're not getting rid of the S-Pen for the Note 3. The source of confusion here is that rumours of the Mega came out the same time everyone was looking for rumors on the Note 3. The Mega will be in a 5.8 and 6.3 size and not feature the S-Pen. The Note 3 should be in the 5.9 range have an S-Pen and generally be more high-end than the Mega series.

*disclaimer this is what I've gleaned from consistent searching for the last couple of months

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
They're not getting rid of the S-Pen for the Note 3. The source of confusion here is that rumours of the Mega came out the same time everyone was looking for rumors on the Note 3. The Mega will be in a 5.8 and 6.3 size and not feature the S-Pen. The Note 3 should be in the 5.9 range have an S-Pen and generally be more high-end than the Mega series.

*disclaimer this is what I've gleaned from consistent searching for the last couple of months

Please be true !!!!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope the phone keeps the same physical size as the GN2 and increases the screen and limits the bezel much like they did with the S3 to S4 design. I have the OG Pro right now since the GN2 with limited storage and lower res display. So far its a really great device and solid performer.

My concerns with the Octo processor is developer support and Samsungs unwillingness to release code for it. This could make rooting and bootloader work a lot harder, though I have confidence in the developer community that's for sure. Still if it doesn't come with 32GB minimum and 23-25GB of that as usable storage then I likely will just pass on it. I am not going to live with under performing storage on phones again.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Part of what makes the Note a Note is the S-Pen. It would be cool if the Note 3 came early like the S4 did. However, I wouldn't expect this device any earlier than IFA in Berlin in August.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There are rumors now of more S4 variants including an S4 Mega. To me that would a test run of the design platform but only bumping it to a GN2 5.5" size leaving the GN3 5.99" for the fall with the pen. Given people who want the bigger screen the GN2 gave but no S-Pen and the BIGGER 5.99" GN3 with S-Pen.

- - - Updated - - -

There are rumors now of more S4 variants including an S4 Mega. To me that would a test run of the design platform but only bumping it to a GN2 5.5" size leaving the GN3 5.99" for the fall with the pen. Given people who want the bigger screen the GN2 gave but no S-Pen and the BIGGER 5.99" GN3 with S-Pen.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The question of course remains, were those benchmarks fake or real? That is the question and if they are real then with more optimization it should really be a sweet device.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The Note 3 apparently showed up in a benchmark this week running JB 4.3 on the octocore.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Android 4.3 and Exynos 5 CPU rocks up inside AnTuTu benchmark

Various rumors I've read say it will have a 6 inch edge to edge (flexible but not bendable) screen but could be same overall size as Note 2, also could be 720p, could be 1080. June or September. Not at IFA because Samsung has grown too big for that now.

Why on earth would it be running 4.3? A completely unannounced and unknown os being created by a different company with nothing to warrant Samsung having it?

I call bs...

Sent from my SCH-I535

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why on earth would it be running 4.3? A completely unannounced and unknown os being created by a different company with nothing to warrant Samsung having it?

I call bs...

Sent from my SCH-I535

Rumor mill says we're a little over 2 weeks away from 4.3, but, aside from Nexus devices, it is weird to hear about any OEM having access to a new build before everyone else. There have been many rumors from Dev's about new app standards as well, etc. so maybe there is something floating out there.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Rumor mill says we're a little over 2 weeks away from 4.3, but, aside from Nexus devices, it is weird to hear about any OEM having access to a new build before everyone else. There have been many rumors from Dev's about new app standards as well, etc. so maybe there is something floating out there.

Yeah and not saying it cant happen, but...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Because Samsung was the first to roll out a new phone with 4.2.2 (outside of the Nexus) and why wouldn't they roll out the first 4.3 (outside of Nexus) phone as well. The GS4 has great potential, but the GN3 IF built right could be even hotter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz