1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8, and Galaxy Mega 6.3

So does anyone have any idea if these will replace the Galaxy Note series of phones? This seems very interesting as their rumored release dates don't seem that far off. Sam Mobile is usually pretty reliable too. Can't wait!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8, and Galaxy Mega 6.3

If the have a 4000+ battery and a stylus I'm interested

these are likely just more mid-range phones for Asian markets. Cheaper than an S4 or a Note 2, but with a big display. These will likely be dual core devices with sub-HD resolution screens. The article said these are replacing the Galaxy Fonblet phones, which were themselves mid range devices.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post

So does anyone have any idea if these will replace the Galaxy Note series of phones? This seems very interesting as their rumored release dates don't seem that far off. Sam Mobile is usually pretty reliable too. Can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    these are likely just more mid-range phones for Asian markets. Cheaper than an S4 or a Note 2, but with a big display. These will likely be dual core devices with sub-HD resolution screens. The article said these are replacing the Galaxy Fonblet phones, which were themselves mid range devices.
    I think jdevenberg is right, but even if these are high-end devices, I doubt they will replace the Note line. They will probably be part of an extra line with even larger screens than the Notes and without the S Pen.

Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    I think jdevenberg is right, but even if these are high-end devices, I doubt they will replace the Note line. They will probably be part of an extra line with even larger screens than the Notes and without the S Pen.
    It would be kinda like the HTC One X and One S lines, with obvious differences of course.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    5,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Samsung Galaxy Mega specs | Android Central
    Samsung announces 5.8-inch and 6.3-inch Galaxy Mega smartphones | Android Central

Two points:

These are both really cool and really sad. Without the S-Pen and with specs way behind the S4, these things feel slightly less than the Note 2. Neat toys, but the value proposition of the Note 2 and S4 both seem superior, which makes these amazing early 2012 phones

What's the argument for getting the smaller of the two? Vastly inferior in this comparison. It'd be interesting to slide the larger in with the people considering an S4 and Note 8.0 to see if the hybrid meets snuff (A lot of compromises in my opinion, but the cost savings might be worth it to some), but I can't see a winning argument for the lesser of the two when it's so far behind the other.

That being said, I'm intrigued by the idea of this basic form factor (the larger) without the ridiculous physical buttons. I'm sure some high up design engineer is reading these comments, so if so: MAKE IT HAPPEN!

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

I was done when they said no SPen, I use mine quite frequently. And dual core... No thanks, OK guess I'll be waiting on the rumored Note 3 or get the Note 2 once the price drops.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

These will be budget phones aimed at China, USA Pre-Paid, and similar markets. They give a big screen and not terrible specs for people who are paying full price for phones and don't have $600 or $700 to drop on a phone. These could do well on T-Mobile's new plans, or on straight talk, etc. If this is like, $400 it will give you a lower monthly payment through lower device payments or buying it straight up and not having a payment for the phone.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Samsung keep adding more options to the large screen phone/small tablet idea. When is HTC going to actually produce ONE competing device? I really don't wan to jump ship from HTC but no wonder they are lagging behind Samsung so badly.

I think these do not offer quad core and higher CPU's. Also, the resolution is nothing to brag about. The memory is either 8 GB or 16 GB of memory.

Global Posts
    5,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Downgraded screen, downgraded processor, no s-pen; the note 2 is by far a better option from what I can tell and it's 6 months old.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")