Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: HTC ONE Phablet

Not a phablet fan myself but I sure would like to see HTC do this. I'd actually like to see an 8 to 10" tablet along the lines of the one's design.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    My point is only that you're making a big deal about it, saying that it'll cause HTC to fall further behind and things like that. That's all.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    AND . . . a big deal it is, to me at least and I am sure to others. If you are going to go toe to toe with Samsung on the Phablet Market, wait, forget that, if you are going to push for a BIG comeback you can go small or enter lightly into any market, you either go BIG OR GO HOME.

Your first foray into the Phablet market should NOT be what Samsung did in 2011 or 2012, it shouldn't be less that what LG just did with their Optimus G Pro. They put 32GB + microSD + 1080p at 5.5" and if HTC can't do at least that they shouldn't attempt it.

I for one would like to see HTC actually make a big comeback some of my prior Android phones were HTC, and IMO their problems were not entirely their fault, but Verizon's. Verizon has a nasty habit of forcing the OEM's to build something Verizon wants and its usually a cob job hack attempt that is buggy as shiz.

HTC is showing they can much, much MORE and why shouldn't they go big on the HTC One Max (T6). My point is a positive one for HTC, not a negative one against them.

I have actually rethought my whole interest in this device and perhaps not getting a phablet at all, maybe selling my GS4 getting the HTC One and a GN8.0 on AT&T.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I have to agree with you Nothingls True, I have a love hate relationship with Phablets, I want the one device that can do it all but I hate the lack of one handed use, etc.

Now that ATT is getting the GN8.0 w/ 32GB (and supposedly 64GB) of internal + microSD that has me thinking its a much, much better trade off along with an HTC One.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I for one would like to see HTC actually make a big comeback some of my prior Android phones were HTC, and IMO their problems were not entirely their fault, but Verizon's. Verizon has a nasty habit of forcing the OEM's to build something Verizon wants and its usually a cob job hack attempt that is buggy as shiz.
    I would like to see HTC do well as well, because as I've stated many times I'm a fan of their products. Where I thought you were going with the Big Red statement was that they only push Motos and of late Sammys. The Rezound in my opinion was a much better offering than either the XMax or the GNex, but it got one lousy commercial that didn't say anything but the phone is loud. Meanwhile, I would like to see something smaller than phablet version of the HTC One come to Big Red, but if it's that or one of those other two I'll just have to be happy with my giant phone. That Sony XZ looks nice too, but again not on Big Red.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I do feel bad for anyone who walks into a wireless carrier store these days who hasn't done some level of research and gets pushed into an iphone, Samsung or Moto without any real thought on the "other" offerings that are out there.

Sadly Verizon's attitude is what drove me away from them. The Thunderbolt was the beginning and the Note 2 was the final straw. I find having a GSM/LTE phone is so much easier to deal with than a CDMA/LTE or Verizon locked LTE phone. I got my HTC One and popped my SIM in and voila it was up and running after a few taps and selecting the carrier. Much easier.

That top me is no longer a phablet but a tablet. 5.5 maybe 5.7----TOPS
    I personally don't want it bigger, nit t the phone lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by nancybout View Post
    That top me is no longer a phablet but a tablet. 5.5 maybe 5.7----TOPS
    I personally don't want it bigger, nit t the phone lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Not even that super sexy Sony that just got shown off?

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

phablet sounds good, but probably you should wait for the second generation, not the first version

Quote Originally Posted by galeria View Post
    phablet sounds good, but probably you should wait for the second generation, not the first version
    I'm going all out and waiting for the THIRD generation.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Current rumors have the HTC One Maxx getting 32 & 64GB internal storage options, question now is did we gain the microSD slot which was supposedly left out due to space constraints (LTE takes up too much room). If we get 64GB and 64GB microSD slot capacity this will be the Maxximum phone to have.

I'll be happy with 64gb internal. 249/299 contract pricing

Posted via Android Central App

My only concern at this point will be the size. I truly wish there was something a bit smaller on the horizon for Verizon. The Max's specs look good and the success of it's smaller brother (HTC One) are good signs. With this being the only offering by Big Red around my renewal time, this will likely be my new hand set... If it will fit in my pocket.
    Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

With the Boom Sound speakers it may not be for the faint at heart

Note 3, lg g2 pro

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

LG Pro 2 won't be until next spring/summer since it only launched in May of this year. Note 3 looks tempting, BUT, if the speaker in the same weak sauce they keep using its not a strong contender. They don't have to go dual front facing speakers like HTC but they do need to put a better and larger speaker on it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12