1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung's June 20 Launch event, what's left to introduce?

We've been hearing speculation on what Samsung was going to introduce on June 20 and it had been speculated that it would be the Tab 3, S4 Active, S4 Mini. Now those have all been announced beforehand. What is there left to announce on June 20? Can it be the Note 3? Or are they just going to talk about devices they've already announced?

Samsung Announces the Galaxy S4 Mini – Dual-core Processor, 4.3-inch qHD Display, and GS4 Software Features

Samsung's Ruggedized Galaxy S4 Active Officially Announced

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung's June 20 Launch event, what's left to introduce?

I was starting to ponder the same question this morning when I saw the news about the S4 Active. I would love for the Not 3 to be announced this month but I'm not going to hold out too much hope. I'm due for upgrade July 1 and my S2 just completely crapped out on me yesterday. I was considering asking for a month early upgrade to get the Note 2, but I'm resistant to buy a phone that is coming up on being a year old. Especially with the looming Note 3. Guess I'll just keep waiting to see what happens. Fortunately, Sprint is ordering me a replacement S2 so hopefully that will hold me over until I see what happens with the Note 3 or the HTC T6.

I saw a news article on this event several weeks ago that contained "teaser" photos. "ATIV" and "Galaxy" were in the pictures.

Error

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Right, I remember that now too. But one of the pics in that teaser looked a lot like the S4 Active. And at this point, what other Galaxy devices are still unannounced? Or maybe this could be just to show off some announced devices... who knows. Either way, I think I'm holding out for the Note 3

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,748 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

There are still at least 5 half inch iterations untouched by this year's line up thus far...

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Galaxy 5 ?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Everyone was speculating September for IFA but perhaps it has grown enough in importance to have it's own announcement. Seems like too much for just the S4 Zoom.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumored to be announce at Samsung’s London press event on the 20th of June, along with the new Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom, and we have heard a number of rumors about the handset over the last few weeks.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Just saw this. Doesn't look quite like I expected but I guess it is still a prototype. But they're still speculating an IFA announcement. I'm not going to hold my breath for the June 20th event, but if they do announce it then it will be like a super exciting bonus!

Global Posts
    5,748 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by mlsanders View Post
    Just saw this. Doesn't look quite like I expected but I guess it is still a prototype. But they're still speculating an IFA announcement. I'm not going to hold my breath for the June 20th event, but if they do announce it then it will be like a super exciting bonus!

Very rectangular.. and buttony. Still deciding if I like rectangles or not.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

This^^ article mentioned they couldn't confirm S Pen functions yet? It's a Note device, why wouldn't it have an S Pen?? And I really, really hope that's not anywhere near what the final product looks like.

Anyway, I'm expecting a Windows phone announcement and/or Note 3 announcement despite the rumors awhile back they weren't continuing with the Note phone.
    Error

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeRich View Post
    This^^ article mentioned they couldn't confirm S Pen functions yet? It's a Note device, why wouldn't it have an S Pen?? And I really, really hope that's not anywhere near what the final product looks like.

Anyway, I'm expecting a Windows phone announcement and/or Note 3 announcement despite the rumors awhile back they weren't continuing with the Note phone.
    I have no doubt they will continue the Note series, my doubts lie in it being announced at this June 20 event. I also have no doubts that any Note device will have the S-Pen, I think they just said they can't confirm because the prototype was lacking it... maybe? You would think if these prototypes were sent out (presumably to carriers) for R&D purposes though, they would include the S-Pen with it. Who knows why they do the things they do. Probably to watch us all freak out on the forums. I feel like they watch us in a similar manner to the way we watch ants in an ant farm.

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

I have no doubt they will continue the Note series, my doubts lie in it being announced at this June 20 event. I also have no doubts that any Note device will have the S-Pen, I think they just said they can't confirm because the prototype was lacking it... maybe? You would think if these prototypes were sent out (presumably to carriers) for R&D purposes though, they would include the S-Pen with it. Who knows why they do the things they do. Probably to watch us all freak out on the forums. I feel like they watch us in a similar manner to the way we watch ants in an ant farm.
    Well, if it doesn't have an S Pen, it's not the Note III. It's a Mega Plus or a [make your prediction here].

I was hoping the Note III would keep the same dimensions, bump up the display size 0.2" or so like they did with the S4, and kick it up a notch with the screen and CPU. If it does have a 6" display, they may turn off too many people who find the phone to be too wide. Although if to get to a 6" display size, they add less than a quarter inch to the width, that still might be doable for a lot of people.

I would love to see a Note 3 on the 20th, which also happens to be my birthday. However I understand why it makes more sense to wait for IFA. It gives them a new device to go head to head with the iPhone.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I'd love for Samsung to start bringing the tablets to market that they've already announced! I'd love to check out the Tab 3 series before I pull the trigger on a new tablet and its not "early June" anymore.