Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,758 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Nexus Rumors?

    Their hasn't been much buzz or speculation this year on next nexus (phone) especially compared to previous years. "I wonder what next nexus will be?" Is question usually buzzing around the tech world as far as blogs go.

    Has the Nexus become an after thought?
    Are we more concern what next Android OS will bring rather than what hardware will be used.

    Is not knowing what Google will do next killed any anticipation for what's next until it comes out.



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Their hasn't been much buzz or speculation this year on next nexus (phone) especially compared to previous years. "I wonder what next nexus will be?" Is question usually buzzing around the tech world as far as blogs go.

    Has the Nexus become an after thought?
    Are we more concern what next Android OS will bring rather than what hardware will be used.

    Is not knowing what Google will do next killed any anticipation for what's next until it comes out.



    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    I think part of that is because a lot of people have been wondering about the new nexus and thinking of /confusing it with the Motorola X phone.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Only recent rumor has been about the updated Nexus 7.

    We're still far from the Nexus 4 replacement, IMO.

    Posted via Android Central App
    TheLibertarian likes this.
  4. #4  
    Aquila's Avatar
    Gonfaloniere

    Posts
    13,324 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,565 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    I'm combing for those rumors, but they're just not out there in any trustable or meaningful way. It is getting close to when we think the selection of OEM will be made and when supply chain rumors start developing, but it's really possible Google already selected a manufacturer.

    As far as specs go, it's a little hard to be worried, given that every Nexus device thus far has been at the top of the spec race on it's release day for it's niche. I think we can make some assumptions, but doing so this early is really just a guess based on the last one. I think it's safe to say based on the GE phones that it'll be GSM only with AT&T and T-Mobile LTE (possibly), and that we probably will not see a CDMA version again. I'd assume we see a 16GB version and either an 8GB or 32GB version for $50 less or more, respectively, depending on how sales of the 8GB N4 went.

    As for the next version of Android: The extra sensory API's discussed at IO on June 15th, also believed to be loosely described by the Moto X discussion, lend credence to the possibility of those sensors being in the next Nexus, however aside from those and some additional methods or returning power to Google regarding functionality fragmentation, I wouldn't expect any major breakthroughs in software. This will be more similar to a 4.2 from 4.1 update, rather than a 4.0 from 2.3 update (or 3.x if you had a tablet or Google TV).

    One major rumor about KLP is software optimization on low to mid-range hardware. This lends to two ideas... one, the overwhelming consensus among nerds that we're not using the majority of the power offered by the high end specs on flagship devices and two, that because of one, it's possible that Google will be pushing to have a much higher quality user experience on much cheaper devices, thus allowing them to push their dream of more access to the internet and related services on a much more global scale. This is also in line with Motorola's comments about the prices of smart-phones, as well as those of Larry Page in his speech at IO.
    jdbii and karn101 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,758 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I'm combing for those rumors, but they're just not out there in any trustable or meaningful way. It is getting close to when we think the selection of OEM will be made and when supply chain rumors start developing, but it's really possible Google already selected a manufacturer.

    As far as specs go, it's a little hard to be worried, given that every Nexus device thus far has been at the top of the spec race on it's release day for it's niche. I think we can make some assumptions, but doing so this early is really just a guess based on the last one. I think it's safe to say based on the GE phones that it'll be GSM only with AT&T and T-Mobile LTE (possibly), and that we probably will not see a CDMA version again. I'd assume we see a 16GB version and either an 8GB or 32GB version for $50 less or more, respectively, depending on how sales of the 8GB N4 went.

    As for the next version of Android: The extra sensory API's discussed at IO on June 15th, also believed to be loosely described by the Moto X discussion, lend credence to the possibility of those sensors being in the next Nexus, however aside from those and some additional methods or returning power to Google regarding functionality fragmentation, I wouldn't expect any major breakthroughs in software. This will be more similar to a 4.2 from 4.1 update, rather than a 4.0 from 2.3 update (or 3.x if you had a tablet or Google TV).

    One major rumor about KLP is software optimization on low to mid-range hardware. This lends to two ideas... one, the overwhelming consensus among nerds that we're not using the majority of the power offered by the high end specs on flagship devices and two, that because of one, it's possible that Google will be pushing to have a much higher quality user experience on much cheaper devices, thus allowing them to push their dream of more access to the internet and related services on a much more global scale. This is also in line with Motorola's comments about the prices of smart-phones, as well as those of Larry Page in his speech at IO.
    That was an interesting read but think I didn't clarify my point to well.

    I think in pervious years there has been lot more leaked rumors about the nexts nexus and android software. However this year's rumors seem sparce in comparison. I know that few rumor on previous nexus devices started as early as February.

    Now for me I wonder why this year is so different. I am not hunting for Nexus news but never was before but there just practically know news. I am sure buzz will start building when we get close to Nov but overall there has been more buzz through out the years than this year.





    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
  6. #6  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,523 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    I haven't been particularly looking for Nexus rumors either, but so far this year I've seen several Nexus 5 rumors. They aren't any less common than in previous years, and it's still too early for the rumors to start becoming rampant.
  7. #7  
    Aquila's Avatar
    Gonfaloniere

    Posts
    13,324 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,565 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    I haven't been particularly looking for Nexus rumors either, but so far this year I've seen several Nexus 5 rumors. They aren't any less common than in previous years, and it's still too early for the rumors to start becoming rampant.
    At this time last year everyone was convinced there would be 5 Nexus devices.
  8. #8  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    664 Posts
    Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Seems like any rumors for any upcoming device is practically non-existent or not reliable. When I google Nexus 5, Moto X, iphone 5s, or Note 3 most of the time nothing new ever comes up except the same 2 or 3 websites posting the same info over and over again. I never paid any sort of attention in prior years (I am new to smartphones) but I'm surprised and impressed at how well manufacturers keep information under wraps.
    Aquila likes this.
  9. #9  
    Aquila's Avatar
    Gonfaloniere

    Posts
    13,324 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,565 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Most rumors have a way of being, "I want this, so obviously they'll do it."
    Ry likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    At this time last year everyone was convinced there would be 5 Nexus devices.
    The Nexus 5?

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,523 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    At this time last year everyone was convinced there would be 5 Nexus devices.
    Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus Q, S4 GE, One GE

    Though I'm sure that's not what they were talking about.

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    I feel like the Nexus phones have been put on the back burner. I hope that they're not going to scrap the Nexus line.
  13. #13  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,523 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike121 View Post
    I feel like the Nexus phones have been put on the back burner. I hope that they're not going to scrap the Nexus line.
    Why does everyone keep thinking that? There's no evidence whatsoever pointing to dropping or abandoning the Nexus line.

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  
    Aquila's Avatar
    Gonfaloniere

    Posts
    13,324 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,565 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by return_0 View Post
    Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus Q, S4 GE, One GE

    Though I'm sure that's not what they were talking about.

    Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I understood the rumor to mean one Nexus from all major OEM's, each available on all carriers in 2012. Then that got twisted to be Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Q and ?? ... which is just bad twisting of facts to support bad guessing.

    This year I think we'll see at least 5 Google Editions (3 announced so far, 1 more rumored) + a Nexus 7, 4(5?) and 10.

    IIRC they flat out said they weren't changing the Nexus program, but I don't remember the source atm so *shrug*.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike121 View Post
    I feel like the Nexus phones have been put on the back burner. I hope that they're not going to scrap the Nexus line.
    We're in the summer. Traditionally, when have Nexus phones been announced/released?
    return_0 likes this.
  16. #16  
    MG386's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    We're in the summer. Traditionally, when have Nexus phones been announced/released?
    Late 4th quarter.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by MG386 View Post
    Late 4th quarter.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly.

    Which why Nexus smartphone rumors are quiet right now.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    I am suspecting that there will be no more Nexus phones. Google started offering stock Android OS to big players such as Samsnung and HTC which will mean no more Nexus. Also, Google partnership with Motorola means new line of smartphone maybe called "X series"
  19. #19  
    MG386's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by markray View Post
    I am suspecting that there will be no more Nexus phones. Google started offering stock Android OS to big players such as Samsnung and HTC which will mean no more Nexus. Also, Google partnership with Motorola means new line of smartphone maybe called "X series"
    http://technology.topnewstoday.org/t...ticle/6184952/

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    slik6996 likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    I think it's because of the excitement of other stock android (GE) phones. Drawing out the stock android addicts like moths to a light. Soon the nexus 5 will have a light of it's own, and more and more moths will flit to thatlight

    Sent from my wonderful Nexus 7
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    My favorite Nexus rumor of all time: the Megalodon (Nexus 5). If that turns out to be true, its gonna be a serious piece of tech! Especially if it launches with KLP. Google could really hit this one out the park (kinda like they did with the Nexus 7) if they do this right.

    Sent from a DROID DNA...
  22. #22  
    jdbii's Avatar

    Posts
    664 Posts
    Global Posts
    712 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Android Authority posted this today on their front page:
    Korean site: Nexus 5 to come in October with Android 5, based on LG G2
    Aquila and Biodigital DNA like this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    Android Authority posted this today on their front page:
    Korean site: Nexus 5 to come in October with Android 5, based on LG G2
    That would be awesome if LG made the next Nexus. I really like what they did with the Nexus 4

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    jdbii and Aquila like this.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    I think in pervious years there has been lot more leaked rumors about the nexts nexus and android software. However this year's rumors seem sparce in comparison. I know that few rumor on previous nexus devices started as early as February.
    Do you recall when the Nexus 4 rumors started leaking? I don't remember anything concrete from last summer.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,758 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus Rumors?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Do you recall when the Nexus 4 rumors started leaking? I don't remember anything concrete from last summer.
    My point not how concrete rumors just that their were rumors. I remember WSJ in may posting the infamous 5 nexus devices. I think though in Feb or march leaks between lg and samsung nexus rumors were before that.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are the GE phones the result of last year's multi-Nexus rumor?
    By omniusovermind in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 08:38 AM
  2. 2012 Nexus Rumor Collection(Post Pics/Links Here)
    By bunique4life05 in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 12:20 PM
  3. Hitler Hears the Latest Galaxy Nexus Rumors
    By ManBearPig618 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 10:36 PM
  4. nexus 2 rumor with facts! (article)
    By andrew53517 in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 06:37 PM
  5. Sprint Nexus One Rumors
    By dkotoric in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 02:21 PM

Posting Permissions