Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I want better external speaker quality and sound levels, the GN2 and GS4 speakers suck. I do like the FFS on my HTC One but also want a larger phone so I can skip on a tablet. The real question is can we get a 64GB version or at least a 32GB version with real storage left over.
    Thanked by:

@john True. I just hope the design is different. The S4 looks like a small note 2.
    iPhone 5S+Galaxy S5 user. Google Glass Explorer.

Follow Me:

App.Net: sleepnclass
    Twitter: sleepnclass

Peace & Blessings.
    TmobileT889 likes this.

If it has 32Gb+, will probably get (unless something else is really weird). If not, probably won't. It's why I don't have the S4.
    I am constantly having to clean and delete things on my 16Gb phone (yes, plus the SD card with all the media on it, but that doesn't help with everything). I just can't see 'upgrading' to another already full phone, and I don't expect apps to get significantly *smaller*. It's not an expensive enough component for them to keep avoiding that.

Dude just root/install several different roms/go buy a class 10 sd card/spend hours tweaking it all and stop crying. How dare you not have the S4. Are you kidding me. I am going to sue you because your car has 4 rounded corners. All hail Samsung. And anyways 4.5 years Steve Jobs said iphone was best. Duh. And soo the sun is going to reverse its magnetic field which means thermonuclear war.

The latest YouTube search calling the device Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3: (though there's rumor of a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 unsure if its the same due to it only having a 5.8 screen size)...

Last edited by TmobileT889; 08-10-2013 at 08:29 AM.

*Face palms* The Mega 6.3 is a completely different device and even product line than the Note 3. The Galaxy mega is already out and Alex already did a review of it like 3 weeks ago.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

YOu can't just "root" you need to get around the booloader which Verizon and Samsung have been making increasingly difficult. If you can't get around the bootloader you can't run a custom ROM so you options are next to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    More RAM, faster processor, better screen and camera are all expected, BUT, will it get 32GB and/or 64GB in the US. If they don't deliver on that then its a solid NO for me. It seems Android is going backwards on internal storage since they removed putting apps on the SD card and in the same vein they removing microSD on those very devices.
    I use AppMgrIII on my old EVO. It moves them to the mSD. Are you saying that I will not be able to use AppMgrIII on any of these new phones like the Note3, G2, OneMax?

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Since ICS update Google took away the ability to put apps/app data on the external cards. Samsung brought that back with the GS4 due to the sheer volume of complaints on the 16GB version having just over 9GB of usable space. I suspect we will see the S-View and Apps2SD feature on the GN3, but unless they offer a 32GB or higher variant on Verizon I will NOT trade my S4 for one.
    Thanked by:
    jimbo1mcm likes this.

Well new rumors say GN3 will come with min 32GB

[HIDE]Device: GT-I9300
    Kernel:Googy max,dual boot
    Rom:1st ROM Slim bean (4.2.2) with latest Mali drivers
    2nd ROM CM 10.2(4.3)
    CPU :Exynos 4412 Prime (ASV4) 900mhz;UV
    GPU: Mali400MP4@ 440mhz;UV[/HIDE]

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I read that today as well, in addition to the launches being very quickly after the announcement. Possibly even pre-orders going up on launch day which would be awesome. I just boxed my GS4 up and shipping it back tomorrow. No sense in waiting 2 months to sell it and have to cough up coin again to buy a new one. Done with that routine for now.

Based on the current rumors of 1080p and a 5.68 inch display, this gives the Note 3 a 388 PPI. If this is true, I am getting it.

I know some of you will say that spec does not matter, but it does to me. Who else is pumped for this beast and the Sept 4th announcement?

I passed on the Note 2 last year because I just could not get over the display (I am very picky about text clarity). Looking forward to the removable battery, SD card slot, huge screen, s-pen, and all the other goodies. Hopefully they will crack it soon after release so I can load Jelly Beans ROM and then I will be happy at last.

Sent from my small screen iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

But you can't get to China in a canoe.....
    Raptor007 likes this.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Definitely PUMPED UP for the GN3 to be announced. S800, 3GB RAM, Android 4.3, 32GB (rumored base storage) + microSD and 1080p and yeah those specs do matter. I had the GN2, screen was ok, IF samsung had delivered it with 32GB in the US I would still be on it right now. Looking forward to it.
    the_stig#WN likes this.

Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I am pumped too. I love my S4 so can only imagine what the Note 3 will be like. Better all around me thinks. I'm very excited. ...just another couple of week I hope.

Sent from my humble S4
    Live long and prosper.

the_stig#WN likes this.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Note 3?

[HIDE]Device: GT-I9300
    Kernel:Googy max,dual boot
    Rom:1st ROM Slim bean (4.2.2) with latest Mali drivers
    2nd ROM CM 10.2(4.3)
    CPU :Exynos 4412 Prime (ASV4) 900mhz;UV
    GPU: Mali400MP4@ 440mhz;UV[/HIDE]

I just hope Samsung does something different with their designs. Indeed, they do make great phones but most of their phones design/look is basically the same

Quick question for those with the S4 and the 13MP camera - rumors are that the Note 3 will be getting this camera and sensor. I searched but only saw comments regarding video playback.

How does it shoot videos? Are they playable on a big screen TV? I saw some "popping/crackling" comments, not sure how widespread that is....

I remember back in my old BB days shooting vids of my kids - terrible videos, but it was all I had at the time. Then I got a Droid X - I shot a crab running across a beach and I thought it was great video (at the time). Didn't want to clutter the S4 forum with this. Let me know if you can. Thanks.

People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts.

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Not sure if that is the GN3 or not, sketches are never something to go by. As for video capture and playback with the GS4 camera not sure if its the identical parts on the GN3. I know its supposed to be 13MP but also have ISR for better image quality. I typically don't do much video for playback on a big screen so I can't say.
    Thanked by:

I am hoping they offer it in a higher internal phone memory, as mentioned already there isn't enough. The O.S. takes a large portion and many apps will not allow you to move them to external memory. Every time I ask a phone rep about onboard memory they give the canned sollution "but you can always get a larger external sd card". I tell them it does no good when you can't do updates to the phone. My phone would not perform app updates because there was not enough available memory. 32 minimum, 64 would make me happy.

I would also like to see if offered in an active model like the S4. A group of family members vacationed to Florida and I almost went into the ocean with my phone. 3 others did go in with their phones in their pockets, one had his phone and his wife's. I currently have the rezound so I am looking forward to getting my Bluetooth back, and getting Bluetooth 4. I am noticing a lot of blutooth 4 devices coming out, it will be nice to have the option to get a few. An IR blaster would be nice, but I don't think I would trade the continuous large clear screen of the Note 3 for the S4 just for the IR blaster.
    Thanked by:

I would love to see an active version. There were rumors that there were going to be multiple versions out (I'm not just taking about US and Europe versions) but that rumor kinda dissipated recently. Oh well. All will be revealed in 11 days.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

An active version is interesting but there are options on the market today for waterproofing your mobile devices. Since for the first time in a very, very long time I can see me keeping the GN3 long enough to actually wear it out I am looking at as my solution. For $60 its a great way to insure the best protection on your phone, but of course if you go into the ocean there really is nothing that will water proof at those depths no matter what.

The depth that got the phones in the ocean was about 2 feet. They were in their pockets and they were simply standing or treating water. An active version would probably be a bit smaller than putting one in a water resistant case. I can always hope they offer both, if not I may look at one of those cases for trips to the water.

How many plan on getting the pink version?
    Yeh, that's what I thought.

No OIS?

Global Posts
    4,848 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

That is the rumor as of today, but who really knows until next Tuesday, then all will be revealed.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast