Nexus 5 - I think it's time...

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there's no solid evidence to suggest anything and, really, no point in speculating at all...but this is the rumored devices forum, so...yeah...speculating is what we're going to do. The Nexus 5 (or whatever they decide to call it) will be here in a couple months and bigger rumors are probably about to start now that Google/Motorola have announced the Moto X. So I think it's time to discuss what you would like to see Google/"Whatever manufacturer they choose" do with the next Nexus device. Also, there have actually been a few rumors that Android Central didn't report (not that I really blame them). I'll try to accumulate future rumors (the ones worth accumulating), news, things that simply won't be true, etc and update this thread periodically. I'll be Googling "Nexus 5" multiple times a day, anyway, so I might as well do something productive with that. Anyway, here's some "news" that you should read purely for entertainment and take with a large grain of salt:

(Newest articles to oldest articles)

Rumors:

Actual News:
(It will be a while...) :(

Things that simply won't be true (but are sort of humorous to read):

Etc:
(Not really sure what to put here...maybe screen shots of high scores on Candy Crush?)

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, there's no solid evidence to suggest anything and, really, no point in speculating at all...but this is the rumored devices forum, so...yeah...speculating is what we're going to do. The Nexus 5 (or whatever they decide to call it) will be here in a couple months and bigger rumors are probably about to start now that Google/Motorola have announced the Moto X. So I think it's time to discuss what you would like to see Google/"Whatever manufacturer they choose" do with the next Nexus device. Also, there have actually been a few rumors that Android Central didn't report (not that I really blame them). I'll try to accumulate future rumors (the ones worth accumulating), news, things that simply won't be true, etc and update this thread periodically. I'll be Googling "Nexus 5" multiple times a day, anyway, so I might as well do something productive with that. Anyway, here's some "news" that you should read purely for entertainment and take with a large grain of salt:

Rumors:

Actual News:
(It will be a while...) :(

Things that simply won't be true (but are sort of humorous to read):

Etc:
(Not really sure what to put here...maybe screen shots of high scores on Candy Crush?)

Android 5 just might be possible since the new Nexus will be recieving updates straight from Google. The camera is possible since the Lumia 1020 has a 41 megapixel camera.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Android 5 just might be possible since the new Nexus will be recieving updates straight from Google. The camera is possible since the Lumia 1020 has a 41 megapixel camera.

Oh, of course Android 5.0 is on the cards, but I wouldn't bet on the camera. They'll probably go with whatever LG has in the G2 (which I'm betting heavily on being what they base the device off of). I doubt Google will put a huge amount of work into the camera since Nexus devices typically have fairly average cameras.

Posted via Android Central App

mjesheem

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The 32 MP cam is just speculation on a Nexus.. Yeah google has maintained that camera will be a talk point on the next Nexus. But a 32 MP is far fetched.
Rather KLP might come up with quite a few software processing & optimizations of the clicked photographs..

ultrrairon

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i dont think theyll be a 32mp camera 16mp is more reasonable plus they have to keep the price down im looking for a snapdragon 800 13mp or above camera 2200+ battery for nexus 4 price or 64 gb for 399 31gb for 350 and 299 for 16gb if they do whay they did with the nexus 4 im in

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I want to see in the Nexus 5 (I don't want to post it in the OP because it would be irrelevant there):

Snapdragon 800
1080p LCD display...probably 5.2" or 5"
Super slim bezels...at least the size of the S4
A 13mp camera that at least matches those in the flagships
LTE
Good build quality
Good sound quality (the new Snapdragons have fairly good DACs)
16 GB - $299
32 GB - $350
64 GB - $400/$450 (what I'll be buying...if Google offers it)

Oh, and I don't see why Google doesn't market the hell out of the Nexus phones. At such a low price point with such good specs, they could sell tons of them if they really wanted to.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I want to see in the Nexus 5 (I don't want to post it in the OP because it would be irrelevant there):

Snapdragon 800
1080p LCD display...probably 5.2" or 5"
Super slim bezels...at least the size of the S4
A 13mp camera that at least matches those in the flagships
Good build quality
Good sound quality (the new Snapdragons have fairly good DACs)
16 GB - $299
32 GB - $350
64 GB - $400/$450 (what I'll be buying...if Google offers it)

I too would LOVE these specs, but I have a feeling that this is setting the bar a little high...

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I too would LOVE these specs, but I have a feeling that this is setting the bar a little high...

I'd say it's fairly consistent with the way the specs went last year (pretty much the same as the Optimus G). I'm willing to bet on the LTE (it was the most criticized thing about the Nexus 4), screen, and camera. The rest is up in the air. I'm trying not to expect a 64 GB variant...but I really want it.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd say it's fairly consistent with the way the specs went last year (pretty much the same as the Optimus G). I'm willing to bet on the LTE (it was the most criticized thing about the Nexus 4), screen, and camera. The rest is up in the air. I'm trying not to expect a 64 GB variant...but I really want it.

Like I said, I would LOVE those specs...I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, I would LOVE those specs...I just don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

I really wouldn't mind if they used to the S600. I don't use it to its maximum poyentional on my One, so it would be fine with me.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The 800 has that cdma with all the gsm bands too... Along with lte...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Can I just say that I love your profile picture? I'm a fairly large fan...who is becoming fairly impatient.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Can I just say that I love your profile picture? I'm a fairly large fan...who is becoming fairly impatient.

They sold out extremely fast here in Michigan. Wish I would of got a ticket. Been working on my vinyl collection. Just missing deja.

ultrrairon

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
its going to be based on the lg g2 which is being unveiled tomorrow so u can expect s800 and 13mp camera and almost certain a 1080p display but i hope it has dual speakers a little unlikely but that be a seller to me i love the sound quality on the htc one and low price points is the main thing i want

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
They sold out extremely fast here in Michigan. Wish I would of got a ticket. Been working on my vinyl collection. Just missing deja.

I live in West Virginia and wasn't able to see them when they were a few hours away about a year ago. I'm missing Your Favorite Weapon and Deja on vinyl. I'm not fond of the cover for the rerelease of Your Favorite Weapon so I'm waiting around for a relatively cheap first edition on eBay. My copies of The Devil and God and Daisy are still sealed and I wouldn't dare open either of them, even though I would love to actually listen to them on vinyl. I think The Devil and God goes for around $100 now.

jtc276

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
its going to be based on the lg g2 which is being unveiled tomorrow so u can expect s800 and 13mp camera and almost certain a 1080p display but i hope it has dual speakers a little unlikely but that be a seller to me i love the sound quality on the htc one and low price points is the main thing i want

I believe the G2 has two bottom facing stereo speakers. Very iPhone 5-esque. During my short period with the iPhone 5, I found the speakers to be relatively good, though nothing is as good as what the One has to offer.

ultrrairon

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i personely fell in love with boomsound on my one but i mean they change alot of the design on the nexus fromthe optimus g so im still in hope

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I just don't see Google straying too far from the form factor of the Galaxy Nexus/N4. I think they will stay with the 4.7 inch display and a relatively compact size. They are very much against large amounts of internal storage so I think we will be lucky if we even get a 32gb option. I would be satisfied with the following specs.

4.7 inch 1080p display
S-600 quad core 1.7ghz
2400 mAh battery
wireless charging
decent sounding and loud speakers!
16gb model 399
32gb model 449

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC