Is Nexus 5 Really Coming Along? (Please Read)

JasoLag

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, JasoLag here.
Although I'm a new member, I have been reading some of the posts about rumored devices, and one of them includes the possibly-soon-to-come Nexus 5.
The new Nexus 5 is rumored to have an octo-core processor at 2.3GHz, 3GB of RAM, 13mp camera and will come in 16, 32 and 64 GB versions, starting from only $299. Now here is the deal. The other day I was browsing more rumors about Nexus 5 (I'm expecting it) and I've found this rumor where it says that it will have a 32mp camera, octo-core processor at 3.2GHz, 8GB of RAM (ok, it's just getting ridiculous), 4k video resolution, and on top of all this, a battery that lasts a whole week with all of these features (not to mention a poorly drawn picture of a device with an extremely thin edge that almost makes it look like a tablet). This has really gotten me into thinking that what if the Nexus 5 is never going to come (especially since Google has started to offer Google Edition devices such as the HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4) and that the rumors are just made up by combining people's expectations and imaginations.
The point is, what if all of this is just what we want the Nexus 5 to be, and not what it really is going to be, and whether it is really going to come or not. Please comment your ideas and suggestions and whether it is really worth waiting for it or not. Thanks!
JasoLag

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've not seen any articles related to a rumored Nexus "5"...It's probably inevitable that we'll see a new Nexus device. But whether it will be called Nexus 5, have specs listed in your post or be made by a particular manufacturer is not known.

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Motorola will be making the next Nexus and releasing it in Q4 according to someone on Google+

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
0% progress on verified anything. No specs, no photos, no OEM's claiming it, no supply chain leaks, nada, zip, zero :(

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Motorola will be making the next Nexus and releasing it in Q4 according to someone on Google+

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

I do not see Moto making the next Nexus Phone. Maybe a watch or some other nexus device but not the next phone. I would love to be wrong and will be the 1st to admit I was wrong if this happens.....but again I doubt it seriously

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how I feel about a moto nexus phone. I think I would be disappointed until it was in my hands and amazed me. Moto is coming out with gimmick features like Samsung now with their new phones.

Sent from my HTC One

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how I feel about a moto nexus phone. I think I would be disappointed until it was in my hands and amazed me. Moto is coming out with gimmick features like Samsung now with their new phones.

Sent from my HTC One

Except anyone that's actually used the features have said they're anything but gimmicky.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I do not see Moto making the next Nexus Phone. Maybe a watch or some other nexus device but not the next phone. I would love to be wrong and will be the 1st to admit I was wrong if this happens.....but again I doubt it seriously

Why? We know they're bidding for them.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
They have already stated that the nexus phone line will continue. All the spec rumors are pretty far fetched though. I would expect a modest upgrade from the N4 especially if they keep it at a low price point.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There haven't been any real rumors saying anything about a dual quad processor. That's Samsung's thing for now. While there haven't been many rumors so far, most have pointed to an N5 based on the LG G2, meaning it would have a quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800, 2GB RAM, a 5.2" 1080p screen, and a 13MP camera.

And there will most definitely be a Nexus 5. The Google Play Edition devices do not represent Nexus devices. Google Play Edition devices don't run stock Android (there are some modifications), and the updates are controlled by the OEMs, not Google (the whole point of a Nexus device is to have Google-controlled updates). So far, there hasn't been any reason to drop the Nexus line.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There haven't been any real rumors saying anything about a dual quad processor. That's Samsung's thing for now. While there haven't been many rumors so far, most have pointed to an N5 based on the LG G2, meaning it would have a quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800, 2GB RAM, a 5.2" 1080p screen, and a 13MP camera.

And there will most definitely be a Nexus 5. The Google Play Edition devices do not represent Nexus devices. Google Play Edition devices don't run stock Android (there are some modifications), and the updates are controlled by the OEMs, not Google (the whole point of a Nexus device is to have Google-controlled updates). So far, there hasn't been any reason to drop the Nexus line.

It won't be a nexus 5. It will still be a nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You know what I meant. There's no need to pick on trivial details. And despite that, how can you be so sure that it will still be called the Nexus 4?

Because Google has established the current naming scheme as one that is independent of device generation. This is not the same as iPhone 4, 5, 6, etc.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Because Google has established the current naming scheme as one that is independent of device generation. This is not the same as iPhone 4, 5, 6, etc.

You still haven't provided concrete evidence. There's no reason to be sure that that is the naming scheme. And still, why must you pick on trivial details like that? The name was completely beside the point of my post.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You still haven't provided concrete evidence. There's no reason to be sure that that is the naming scheme. And still, why must you pick on trivial details like that? The name was completely beside the point of my post.

The evidence is there if you choose to pay attention.

ibattle86

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I've missed the article that explained the nexus line naming scheme.

Why wouldn't the 5th nexus be named the nexus 5?

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps I've missed the article that explained the nexus line naming scheme.

Why wouldn't the 5th nexus be named the nexus 5?

Posted via Android Central App

same reason the 2nd wasn't called "2" and the 3rd wasn't called "3". Those were Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus.