NVIDIA Tegra Tab

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Things are getting interesting! I still love my new nexus 2013. But this will be worth checking out.

AT&T HTC One MoDaCo.Switch Beta 8
Nexus 7 2013 Unlocked Root + TWRP
Chromecast

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh man. I'm excited for this when it comes out then. I wanted the new Nexus 7 to have Tegra 4, because I like the games. We didn't get that, and if this is anywhere close to the same (screen res and physical size) then it's exactly what I want.

Looks like a place for a stylus. That'll be interesting to see if it has some Note-like features.

Also nice to see a camera, even though I don't like taking pictures with a tablet. When SHIELD came out I wondered why they didn't include a camera to showcase the Chimera real-time HDR tech. Maybe this is why. nVidia has a lot of cool in-house tech that needs to be showcased. I guess they figured the best way to do that is with a device they make themselves.

Now if only we had any kind of release date....

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Good news to see since I'm returning my N7 to the store today. This gives me some hope that I'll find a 7-8" tablet that I like.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Good news to see since I'm returning my N7 to the store today. This gives me some hope that I'll find a 7-8" tablet that I like.

What was wrong with the nexus?

Chromecast

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
What was wrong with the nexus?

Chromecast

Mainly personal preferences. The small side bezel just didn't work out for me along with some reservations on ASUS build given the amount of issues I read (and my personal use of the TF101).

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Mainly personal preferences. The small side bezel just didn't work out for me along with some reservations on ASUS build given the amount of issues I read (and my personal use of the TF101).

You realize that all devices, not just those made by Asus, will have some defective units, right? So there's just as much of a possibility of you getting a defective Tegra Tab as a defective Nexus 7.

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
You realize that all devices, not just those made by Asus, will have some defective units, right? So there's just as much of a possibility of you getting a defective Tegra Tab as a defective Nexus 7.

Yes, trust me I know. I am not referring to the units that pass the testing and quality control (and later fail) like you assumed I meant.

Like I said, personal choice and decision. I really don't want to scare off anybody who is thinking of trying out the Nexus 7 because they really should.

Anyways, don't want to keep sidetracking this topic. To bring it back, is there any new rumors?

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
So the rumored device passed through Taiwan's equivalent of the FCC.

7" Display with a 1280x768 resolution.
Tegra 4 clocked at 1.8GHz
5 MP camera
4.2.2 on board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20