Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Anyone Interested in any of the rumored Smart Watches?

The Galaxy Gear and the TOq aren't what I'm looking for considering you still have to have your phone to listen to music and do pretty much anything. If Google can't give me what I want by Christmas is another motoactv and some super glue for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I like my Pebble for notifications, especially when I am not sitting idle and would miss the vibration.

But what I am really excited for is the Omate TrueSmart. It's on Kickstarter now and really is a watch phone with everything and runs Android. I mostly want to have all the capability when jogging or for other times I don't want to carry a phone.

Sent from my HTC One GPe using AC Forums app

I keep trying to think of a great use I could have for one, but I really can't.

That said, If someone makes one with some nice features and a jewelery quality look, I'd probably get one.

I am glad to hear about the options that will be available so far, any fitness tracker will be awesome. I think it is a great value with what will be available so far, and troyolson92 is right on regarding a huge market explosion coming with generation 2. I also agree it will be really cool to have solar integrated and never need battery recharge, similar to how my citizen eco drive watch works. Now that would totally make it a true smartwatch. All the features of our phones, the apps we love, and never need to change the battery or plug in it. Who wouldn't want that?

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Seriosuly? Not one mention of Omate TrueSmart

I do like the extra storage capacity with the Omate TrueSmart, also water proof is a big plus. I have not found enough information about the Omate TrueSmart to really form an opinion yet. It seems the biggest feature is the strong Sapphire Crystal scratch proof glass, which is an important selling feature. I just don't see enough information regarding other specs available. WAIT.....I just found out according to Slash Gear, the Omate TrueSmart will have Google Play! I also read that full sites have been tested and run smoothly on the Omate TrueSmart. Now that is a big deal. The only thing it seems unclear if the actual product will be released. I admit this one is exciting too!

I understand there will not be a flexible screen available at this time, great idea though! I do hope a solar charging eco friendly battery can be integrated in one of the smartwatches. I like the exercise apps for the Pebble, and the water proof scratch resistant screen on the Omate TrueSmart. I want the option to use a smartwatch to replace my phone while on walking trails or any exercise that is difficult to carry my phone. For safety reasons alone, this option to replace my cell phone is huge! I also agree with most regarding price point. I am searching for the right one for me, I think generation 2 will be offer all we need and want in the perfect smartwatch.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    I've heard of it but I hadn't really looked into it till now. I'll probably jump on this while its $200.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chelleo View Post
    I do like the extra storage capacity with the Omate TrueSmart, also water proof is a big plus. I have not found enough information about the Omate TrueSmart to really form an opinion yet. It seems the biggest feature is the strong Sapphire Crystal scratch proof glass, which is an important selling feature. I just don't see enough information regarding other specs available. WAIT.....I just found out according to Slash Gear, the Omate TrueSmart will have Google Play! I also read that full sites have been tested and run smoothly on the Omate TrueSmart. Now that is a big deal. The only thing it seems unclear if the actual product will be released. I admit this one is exciting too!
    Uh, what? 16 updates, 3000 comments! It's 199, +20 for 1gb of ram, has GPS, 4.2.2, Google Play, a SIM card, Sapphire glass, 5MP camera, micro SD slot, plus 4GB on board. Also, the battery is removeable, if you happen to have a screw driver, to replace with a fresh one.

They are launching a web shop to support it also.

EDIT: Micro SIM slot, water proof, and can be used as a companion device..... yeah, 199, sign me up

This thing is sick!!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Can anyone confirm A2DP Radios on the Omate? If not, its kinda a deal breaker for me. But It says it plays music and the only time it could do that is over the speaker because there is no headphone jack.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by scaots View Post
    I like my Pebble for notifications, especially when I am not sitting idle and would miss the vibration.

But what I am really excited for is the Omate TrueSmart. It's on Kickstarter now and really is a watch phone with everything and runs Android. I mostly want to have all the capability when jogging or for other times I don't want to carry a phone.

Sent from my HTC One GPe using AC Forums app
    I read about it on Kickstarter and its certainly cool tech. Sadly it won't be a Verizon capable product and I just can't justify another carrier service plan for my smartwatch. It will be nice to see where it goes though.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Current smartwatches don't do anything for me. What might change things is a combination of a Nexus watch and Google Glass that work together as one device. For example, you wear the watch with all of the cellular radios and storage that does the majority of the processing, and the Glass acts as your display, speaker, and microphone.

Another option would be a flexible smartphone that attaches to your wrist like an old slap-band. You wear it, and when you need it you straighten it out and go.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

While the first of my two smart watch choices isn't rumored, my two smart watches I want the most are the Omate TrueSmart, and the iWatch. Apple will make a really elegant watch, you'll see! The Omate runs a version of Android, meaning it will be able to do far more than any other smartwatch out there today.

Currently, my smartwatch I am wearing is the iPod Nano 6th Gen with a LunaTik Watch Strap. Love it. I don't use it at all really but it's a nice fashion statement.
    Current Devices: Surface RT Tablet (Windows 8 RT), HTC 8X (Windows Phone 8), Lumia 520 (Windows Phone 8), HTC One (Android 4.3), iPhone 4 (iOS 7)

Fortunately I don't have to worry about devices like this for a while as I can't have wireless devices in many of the rooms I work in and having it on my wrist, i might forget to remove it. After the job changes, we shall see, and that allows time to go by to see what changes are made in future versions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app
    1%er

I need to put on reading glasses to use my galaxy 3. So a **** Tracy watch is a no go. I am waiting on the phone chip they can put in my brain.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,708 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by KingGinger55 View Post
    I had one of the first truly Smart Watches, the Moto Actv. I loved it. It was perfect to take on runs and listen to music through Bluetooth headphones. It was a great 5\10K companion. Sadly, the watch face had the ability to come off of the watch attachment and tended to do so when you didn't want it to. I lost it at a track meet a while back without even noticing it was gone. I want to get another watch but I want to wait and see what Google\Samsung (even Apple if worse come to worst). The problem being, I can hardly find any info on any of them. I dont want the sony watch as, from what I can tell, it is entirely dependent on a phone. I plan on getting one of the next Gen Phablets in the coming months and carrying one of those on a run is a non option. Anyone have any advice or should I just get another Moto Actv?
    For a few days I was, but utility kicked in and I am passing on the smart watches. Don't need another thing to plug in at night....However, they lool fun! Enjoy fellas:beer:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Right now that is probably the Omate TrueSmart; 2g/3g sim card, BT, WiFi, SD Card Slot running Android 4.2.2. Having the Omate TrueSmart and Google Glass would be pretty cool.

This is the one that has my interest for the moment. I've no need for a phone in a watch but the hardware is more to my liking. If the TrueSmart is able to sync with an Android phone in the way the Galaxy Gear, pending Google smartwatch, and Sony Smartwatch 2 do then I might be inclined to break from my current course (wait for the gen2 smartwatches) and order one.

Should I decide to wear a smartwatch it'll need to be able to stay water tight at 3 meters submerged.

Flexible display concepts (wrapped around the wearers wrist) are most intriguing!

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Someone needs to sort out the retina projector for the smart watch without melting eyeballs. Only then can the smart watch move forward without being an embarrassment to smart tech.

I don't already own a watch, so my perspective might be a little bit different. The entire concept of a smart watch is pretty exciting for all the reasons the various new entrants like Kreyos tout, but I am really into it for the following reasons:

1. I'm worried about using my smart phone in crowded areas where it could be stolen right out of my hands while I'm not paying attention. Seems much more difficult to take a watch that's strapped to my wrist.
    2. I've dropped my phone in the toilet while checking it. My bad, but there will be no more of that if I have a smart watch.
    3. It's much more discreet to take a call on my wrist while driving than it is to hold the phone to my ear. I don't drive with earbuds in and I certainly don't wear those cyborg bluetooth ear pieces.
    4. Recall, I don't have a watch, so I try to use the stop watch function on my smart phone for timing myself in exercises. This is lame. I dropped my phone in the gravel yesterday.
    5. I have missed many calls when I forget to turn on the ringer - or even with the ringer on. Having vibration on my wrist means I won't be running around trying to find my phone, or missing calls.

On the topic of style, I'm not going to wear my smart watch to the opera or a black tie dinner. I wouldn't worry about it clashing with my wardrobe. I'd wear it in the car, at sporting events, while exercising, or around town.

The Omate looks cool, but I'm worried about having another separate phone contract. Seems like I need something that synchs with and extends my existing mobile platform
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12