Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Omate TrueSmart - SmartWatch - why no thread on a shipping product

I find it odd that the Qualcomm Toq has a section in the forums and its still vaporware and yet Omate's TrueSmart watch is shipping now that it's Kickstarter funding is over. Well over $1 million in funding 10 times the goal and that is not bad. It looks pretty darn good, full 4.2.2 Android OS and full app support so it has reason for me to pause when my GG arrives in a few weeks and decide if I keep it, return it and order the Omate TrueSmart. I won't be adding any voice service since I will NOT go back to AT&T anytime soon and Verizon isn't supported. Still its a great companion device as well and I look forward to more hands on reviews and how people use it and how it ties into mobile devices and smartphones.
    My Tech World:
    Personal SmartPhone: ASUS ZenFone 2 64GB ROM/4GB RAM (AT&T)
    Work SmartPhone: iPhone 4S (Verizon)
    Next Phone: TBD
    Tablet: iPad Air 2 128GB (AT&T)
    Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" Retina
    Media Device: AppleTV 3rd Gen
    NAS: Western Digital My Cloud EX4 16TB & MyCloud Duo 4TB
    Wireless: Airport Extreme

Default Re: Omate TrueSmart - SmartWatch - why no thread on a shipping product

I bought one of the 2nd developer addition ones. I really can't wait. I was wondering the same thing about where the official thread is. Also, has the money you pledged been taken out of your account? Mine hasn't and I'm kinda worried.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts

I don't know. That Samsuck one had plenty of press, as did that ugly weak Pebble one, yet this brilliant piece of tech can't get a foothold here. I dunno. I am getting mine in October, with a t Mobile SIM, can't wait.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Smartwatch Fans (use same login as here) has an Omate forum that will have to suffice for now. I agree that there should be a forum here since it is a full Android device and thus more AC related than some of the other topics.
    http://forums.smartwatchfans.com/omate-truesmart-f37/

I can't wait to get my Omate. It is going to be the perfect device for me. I just wish that they could communicate a little better.