google watch

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Im just hoping for a flawless sync system (with any android 4.0 or higher) and GREAT battery life.... Then they can have all my money too!!! Google is simply awesome. I will support them and there products for my whole life!

evan_adams

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
There is no mass market for a watch. Watch needs fashion. They should be partnering with watch corps to put the device into good looking watches.

watch.jpg

App8ite

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Gotta be imminent, Google have had a couple of years now tuning the micro display for Glass thats pretty handy for a watch too :)

However, $300> for a watch with a one day battery life is abysmal... Apple has the bendy watch strap / battery patent so they get the cherry again.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't "get" the purpose of a smartwatch without all of the necessary sensors/hardware for fitness, hiking, geocaching, etc and/or generally being able to leave my phone at home (aka it's takes a sim...don't worry I'd use a bluetooth headset lol), but I'm sure they'll get there in a rather short timeframe. It should never replace a nice watch imo. I prefer these renders of the "Nexus Gem" over what's in the article above. Looks much more Google to my eyes.
gem.jpg

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
There is no mass market for a watch. Watch needs fashion. They should be partnering with watch corps to put the device into good looking watches.

View attachment 86981

OMG, THIS!!!!

100 and million percent agree...that is (one of) my (main) beef(s) with the Galaxy Gear...

(I do not like ANY of the current smartphone designs out right now though...)

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I received Google Glass 2 days ago and must be honest. I am sending them back. $1500 dollars is too much for what they can do and what they can't do. I think a watch is more of what I am looking for.

Hangouts not supported on Glass
I would want more apps like a golf app for Glass
Battery life is avg. (Granted i just got them so using them more than if I had them long term and every day)
etc...

I am sure in time all of this will come, but my thought is the design will improve and price will come down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome