Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note 3 Lite

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Came across this while randomly searching the web: Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Date Same as Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lite Coming February 2014 - International Business Times

It seems Samsung plans on launching a more affordable version of the Note 3 which it plans to call the Galaxy Note 3 Lite. According to reports, the Korean tech giant wants to put out a cheaper version of the handset sometime around Q1 2014, the same target release of the Samsung Galaxy S5. It appears Samsung is looking to start out the year with a bang.

Other reported features for the Galaxy Note 3 Lite include an 8 MP sensor in place of the 13 MP shooter found on the previous Note 3. Analysts suggest Samsung compromised the pixels to keep the costs down. People should also expect a downgrade to 720 p. Other compromises could include a downgrade in memory that can be as low as 16 GB. Reports indicate that a Samsung insider leaked information about the affordable Galaxy Note 3 in Q1 2014. Sam Mobile reported tha the Korean tech giant plans on announcing the product during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on February 2014. The cheaper Galaxy Note 3 Lite will come in two variants: black and white.

There are no details yet about the hardware or specs of the Galaxy Note 3 Lite. However, shipping documents were sighted just last week. The documents show that the South Korean company is testing a new device that has 5.49 as well as 5.7-inch screens. The screens sport LCD displays, far from the AMOLED setups of the Note 3 and the Galaxy S4.

Samsung has not given any official announcement, so people will have to wait until the company finalises the details.

Q1 2014 will be interesting, as Samsung reportedly will release the Samsung Galaxy S5. Among the predicted features include a 64-bit CPU that could come with the company's first Heterogeneous Multi-Processing (HMP) Exynos big.LITTLE chip. According to several sources, the chip should be able to handle running eight cores all at the same time. Samsung may also include Qualcomm's Snapdragon for additional choice.

The flexible OLED display similar to the Galaxy Round could find its way to Samsung Galaxy S5 as well. Similar to the Nexus 5, the Samsung Galaxy S5 will run on Android4.4 KitKat unless Google unleashes a new update

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I hope the Note 4 is released with a metal chassis and no physical home button. That'll be the one! !!

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope the Note 4 is released with a metal chassis and no physical home button. That'll be the one! !!

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

A late reply, but your post is right on the money.. :D

Everybody is talking about the coming of the S5, and maybe a Note 3 Lite, but nobody has mentioned a Note 4!!!
I was one of those users waiting for the S4, finally when it came, I purchased one pronto.. However, I wanted 32gb, and Sammy or the carriers were holding back big time on the 32gb S4.. I returned my S4, and waited. I was patient too. More than 4 months I waited. I was rewarded for my wait with the Note 3.. IMO, the Note 3 was an S4 on Steriods. So, if Sammy follows the same route, being real quiet on the Note 4, and pushing the S5, the Note 4 is going to be a MOTHER, I tell you that!! :D

Now, I understand why Note 2 users didn't all jump on the S4 bandwagon. they said not enough upgrade.. I see what they meant!!

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
A late reply, but your post is right on the money.. :D

Everybody is talking about the coming of the S5, and maybe a Note 3 Lite, but nobody has mentioned a Note 4!!!
I was one of those users waiting for the S4, finally when it came, I purchased one pronto.. However, I wanted 32gb, and Sammy or the carriers were holding back big time on the 32gb S4.. I returned my S4, and waited. I was patient too. More than 4 months I waited. I was rewarded for my wait with the Note 3.. IMO, the Note 3 was an S4 on Steriods. So, if Sammy follows the same route, being real quiet on the Note 4, and pushing the S5, the Note 4 is going to be a MOTHER, I tell you that!! :D

Now, I understand why Note 2 users didn't all jump on the S4 bandwagon. they said not enough upgrade.. I see what they meant!!

Note 4 will not be until September or October so I would not expect a rumor this early.

I couldnt care any less about the home button. I can take it or leave it. Let's make this one 6", same build. NO METAL. It is overrated. It is easily scratched, it dents, it attracts dirt. Just no.

it also could mean the end of the removable battery. The Note goes forever on a charge but more options are never a bad thing.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 will not be until September or October so I would not expect a rumor this early.

I couldnt care any less about the home button. I can take it or leave it. Let's make this one 6", same build. NO METAL. It is overrated. It is easily scratched, it dents, it attracts dirt. Just no.

it also could mean the end of the removable battery. The Note goes forever on a charge but more options are never a bad thing.

IMO, the removable battery is a big plus, please don't take it away!! :D

I have Tmobile with unlimited data. I hook the Note 3 on Netflix, and have it running all day and night just stop to switch out batteries. That is a biggie for me to swap out in 30 seconds back to 100%. :D

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
IMO, the removable battery is a big plus, please don't take it away!! :D

I have Tmobile with unlimited data. I hook the Note 3 on Netflix, and have it running all day and night just stop to switch out batteries. That is a biggie for me to swap out in 30 seconds back to 100%. :D

Yeah I don't want it to go away either, but I also would not be hurt if it did at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781