1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will Hybrid Windows/Android PCs Really Fly?

Article on NotebookReview.com. Here's the link:
    Last edited by JohnCarr2; 01-12-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Default Re: Will Hybrid Windows/Android PCs Really Fly?

Don't know if they will, but if I had the money, I'd kill for a Top-tier Snapdragon/i5 13 inch Xperia~Vaio Hybrid with a slot-load BluRay. But I would not spend a dime on it if it means less connectivity and forgoing the optical drive a real hard drive. Anything that only has the connectivity of a typical tablet is not for me. The base would really have to be like a complete dock, and not merely a keyboard...

My PC has to be more powerful and loaded than a mere tablet, and I will definitely not spend on a "Piece of post-digestion matter" with only a few measly gigs of onboard storage. Anything too "Cloudy" and the deal's'off.

Sadly, I think manufacturers are on the wrong track so far with the keyboard as a base, instead of have something more substantial. Perhaps' Acer's Android monitors will pan out to something more interesting. We'll see what the market says...
    Last edited by sauce_a_poutine; 01-12-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.

Seems like you'd have a pretty big Bing/Google problem to work out.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

I think it will and should fly. Along those same lines, I think Blackberry should do the same. Those companies are based on providing services. Both should leverage those strengths by making use of the multitudes of Android users.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by sauce_a_poutine View Post
    Don't know if they will, but if I had the money, I'd kill for a Top-tier Snapdragon/i5 13 inch Xperia~Vaio Hybrid with a slot-load BluRay. But I would not spend a dime on it if it means less connectivity and forgoing the optical drive a real hard drive. Anything that only has the connectivity of a typical tablet is not for me. The base would really have to be like a complete dock, and not merely a keyboard...

My PC has to be more powerful and loaded than a mere tablet, and I will definitely not spend on a "Piece of post-digestion matter" with only a few measly gigs of onboard storage. Anything too "Cloudy" and the deal's'off.

Sadly, I think manufacturers are on the wrong track so far with the keyboard as a base, instead of have something more substantial. Perhaps' Acer's Android monitors will pan out to something more interesting. We'll see what the market says...
    I think you missed the fact that the Android/PC is not a Desktop replacement. PC just means x86 architecture and not an ARM processor. I actually triple-boot my present Desktop with Windows/Android/Ubuntu. It will likely be a niche product for those that didn't already know this works without buying a new device.

With BlueStacks a Window's system can already run Android as an app. And BlueStacks has been out and functioning for over a year already maybe longer. The want for such a device is there.

To be honest I am kinda of shocked the link's author thought running Android on a PC was anything new.

Last edited by zedorda; 02-09-2014 at 08:20 PM.