Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Orion78
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Default What NEXT after the Motorola Droid Maxx

I have the relatively new Motorola Droid Maxx and love the phone. My wife has the older Motorola Droid Razr Maxx for 2 years now and needs a new phone. I was thinking about getting her the Motorola Droid Maxx, but was curious to know if a successor to this phone is coming out in the near future.

Default Re: What NEXT after the Motorola Droid Maxx

Im guessing the Moto X is the way moto is going. I loved the RAZR line as well...I think im going to try to get ahold of another white HD i loved it so much!
    ~ Still Waters Run Deep ~
    Thanked by:
    Joe378 

There was rumors of something called "Droid Quantum" to be the successor....said to come out in mid 2014. Nothing more other than that.
    Thanked by:
    Joe378 
    westiewanderer likes this.

I would def be interested in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion78 View Post
    There was rumors of something called "Droid Quantum" to be the successor....said to come out in mid 2014. Nothing more other than that.
    ~ Still Waters Run Deep ~

ROM
    Viper

The droid lineup has had an odd history of ups and downs. We will see where Verizon takes it.

It would not surprise me at all if they completely dropped it in the not too distant future. I do not think it is really driving carrier vs carrier sales at the moment. All the big name devices seem to be cross carrier. having exclusives is not as lucrative as it once was. Of course this does not necessarily mean that there will not be a Maxx-like devise available, it just means that it will not carry the "Droid" name.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    The droid lineup has had an odd history of ups and downs. We will see where Verizon takes it.

It would not surprise me at all if they completely dropped it in the not too distant future. I do not think it is really driving carrier vs carrier sales at the moment. All the big name devices seem to be cross carrier. having exclusives is not as lucrative as it once was. Of course this does not necessarily mean that there will not be a Maxx-like devise available, it just means that it will not carry the "Droid" name.
    DROID, DROID 2, DROID 3, DROID 4
    DROID X, DROID X2
    DROID Bionic
    DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX
    DROID RAZR M
    DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD
    DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, DROID MAXX

DROID Eris
    DROID Incredible, DROID Incredible 2, DROID Incredible 4G LTE

DROID Charge

We know that Motorola is now the exclusive DROID partner and they seem committed to continuing the DROID line. I fully expect three new models that have the same processor, storage, and RAM in different screen/battery sizes to replace 2013's lineup.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    DROID X, DROID X2
    DROID Bionic
    DROID RAZR M

DROID Eris

DROID Charge

We know that Motorola is now the exclusive DROID partner and they seem committed to continuing the DROID line. I fully expect three new models that have the same processor, storage, and RAM in different screen/battery sizes to replace 2013's lineup.
    And look at the time frame that all those devices came in. Then look at the grand total of 3 that came out this year at one time. Then look at sales if you can find any info on it. It is all very telling.

The primary reason for a carrier exclusive phone is too drive people to choose that carrier over another because of the phone. If all the most popular phones are nonexclusive, there is little reason for a carrier to continue to sink money it's own brand. That is compounded with the expensive royalties that Verizon pays for the DROID name. The rest of the world thrives without carrier exclusive phones. The US will eventually catch on. Just like the eventual death of subsidized phones.

I am not saying that this is the last generation of the DROID line. I am just saying that unless something changes, there is a good chance of it being dropped entirely before too long. That of course does not mean the will no longer be a "maxx" device, just that it's strategy will probably be different.
    Galaxy S3(unlocked on whatever I feel like flashing) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez) -- Addicted to crack and retired

Rumored to be a 6.3 in phablet...

dirkbonn
    The government can't give you anything until it first takes it from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkbonn View Post
    Rumored to be a 6.3 in phablet...

Yeah, I think that phone will go with the moto x and moto g lineup and not the Droid. I for one would love for this rumor to be true. I've been begging for a moto phablet.

Quote Originally Posted by NoYankees44 View Post
    And look at the time frame that all those devices came in. Then look at the grand total of 3 that came out this year at one time. Then look at sales if you can find any info on it. It is all very telling.

The primary reason for a carrier exclusive phone is too drive people to choose that carrier over another because of the phone. If all the most popular phones are nonexclusive, there is little reason for a carrier to continue to sink money it's own brand. That is compounded with the expensive royalties that Verizon pays for the DROID name. The rest of the world thrives without carrier exclusive phones. The US will eventually catch on. Just like the eventual death of subsidized phones.

I am not saying that this is the last generation of the DROID line. I am just saying that unless something changes, there is a good chance of it being dropped entirely before too long. That of course does not mean the will no longer be a "maxx" device, just that it's strategy will probably be different.
    Uh, You obviously don't really know, so don't sound so sure of yourself. There will be many more years of the "DROID" lineup. VZW is still putting a TON of money into all of this branding. They have deep pockets and don't let things fade so easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    DROID X, DROID X2
    DROID Bionic
    DROID RAZR M

DROID Eris

DROID Charge

+1