Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any educated guesses on what flagship devices Verizon will likely release between April and August?

Any educated guesses on what flagship devices Verizon will likely release between April and August?

Android or iOS. (yes, I'm perfectly willing to move to iOS camp if Apple comes up with a big-*** 1080p resolution phone)

Global Posts
    5,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Any educated guesses on what flagship devices Verizon will likely release between April and Augu

Best guesses would be HTC One successor, Samsung S5, LG G3, LG G Pro 2, Sony Z something and much more towards the August side of things, Moto Droid Maxx & Moto X2 successors, along with the iPhone 6.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Any educated guesses on what flagship devices Verizon will likely release between April and Augu

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Best guesses would be HTC One successor, Samsung S5, LG G3, LG G Pro 2, Sony Z something and much more towards the August side of things, Moto Droid Maxx & Moto X2 successors, along with the iPhone 6.
    Thanks! I can't believe I completely forgot about the Samsung Galaxy S5. It will probably be out in May or June, right?

Quote Originally Posted by badkitties View Post
    Thanks! I can't believe I completely forgot about the Samsung Galaxy S5. It will probably be out in May or June, right?
    I expect it earlier than that, I heard somewhere it would be out in March/April, I think it was an article on Yahoo.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    I expect it earlier than that, I heard somewhere it would be out in March/April, I think it was an article on Yahoo.
    that's perfect timing for me! I have a line becoming upgrade eligible in April, another one in May... then two more in December.

Since you mentioned a timeframe of April to August, the iPhone has historically been released in September.

I do expect the next HTC one, the Galaxy S5, and the next Droid variants, as mentioned, although possibly Motorola may have finished the Droid line. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next Moto X as well, but with it soon to be released in Europe in only February, it might be too soon and they could wait until Autumn.
    Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

A Sony on Verizon?

Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    droidman2177 and Premium1 like this.

Global Posts
    5,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    A Sony on Verizon?

It'd be nice.

Expecting HTC and Samsung in April
    Expecting LG in May
    Expecting Moto in August
    Expecting Nexus in October

droidman2177 and Ry like this.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Expecting Nexus in October
    On Verizon?

When did the Droid MAXX get released? I just became eligible for an upgrade yesterday. If my RAZR MAXX didn't lag so much, I wouldn't even think about getting a new phone. Considering upgrading to the Droid MAXX, but I might hold off a bit for it's successor. If Motorola is on a once a year upgrade schedule....

Global Posts
    5,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman333 View Post
    When did the Droid MAXX get released? I just became eligible for an upgrade yesterday. If my RAZR MAXX didn't lag so much, I wouldn't even think about getting a new phone. Considering upgrading to the Droid MAXX, but I might hold off a bit for it's successor. If Motorola is on a once a year upgrade schedule....
    Mid-End of August.

Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Given Sony's struggles breaking through in the US market, I don't expect a Sony phone on Verizon.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Quote Originally Posted by dookie. View Post
    On Verizon?
    Nope, I think that ship sunk long ago. But Moto X2 on Verizon is not bad.

Global Posts
    5,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    Nope, I think that ship sunk long ago. But Moto X2 on Verizon is not bad.
    2014 Nexus on Verizon is 100% dependant on how far VoLTE gets, IMO. If there is a 2015 Nexus, I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work, even if it's as a bring your own device.

2014 Nexus on Verizon is 100% dependant on how far VoLTE gets, IMO. If there is a 2015 Nexus, I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work, even if it's as a bring your own device.
    The current N5 is compatible with Verizon network. Regardless if the N5 2014 support VoLTE, it's still up to Verizon to allow the device to activate on their network and not block Google Wallet or other services from working, like that did in the past. I don't trust them enough to be positive about it. If the device is not under their control, they don't want it in their network.

Global Posts
    5,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    The current N5 is compatible with Verizon network. Regardless if the N5 2014 support VoLTE, it's still up to Verizon to allow the device to activate on their network and not block Google Wallet or other services from working, like that did in the past.
    I think I'm under the impression that cdma is what allows them to white list IMEI, etc. If I'm mistaken then there is no hope for Verizon and volte is pretty pointless until its multicarrier and universal, about 5 years from now.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Volte will be helpful because then the Nexus won't need to use cdma to use their network. Why does it matter if other carriers use it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycemiskel View Post
    Volte will be helpful because then the Nexus won't need to use cdma to use their network. Why does it matter if other carriers use it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    See Nexus 7 (2013) LTE debacle with Verizon.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

I think I'm under the impression that cdma is what allows them to white list IMEI, etc.
    yes, you are correct. As long as CDMA is a part of their network, you can't get on their network with a device unless the IMEI of the device is in their database and they have to approve a device for it to get in their database.

HTC one successor, S5, G3 ( not sure they will get the g pro since they passed on original and its not a huge seller like the note) maybe a new moto, a few droids
    Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

GNote4 sometime in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    See Nexus 7 (2013) LTE debacle with Verizon.

It works now though right? They may drag their feet, but if it eventually gets on their network, that's all that really matters.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Do you guys think that the cut in price today of the MAXX to $99 and the Ultra to free signals new DROID phones may be coming in the near future?

Global Posts
    5,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobi24 View Post
    Do you guys think that the cut in price today of the MAXX to $99 and the Ultra to free signals new DROID phones may be coming in the near future?
    I do not. I think it has more to do with Verizon sales than with device pipelines.

Banned

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobi24 View Post
    well the GNote3 is on special for $150 down from $300 and I am certain the GNote4 is not coming until the fall.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast