Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mxmarcus
  • 1 Post By Kevin O'Quinn
  • 1 Post By LonestarROB
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    I would like to buy a new tablet within the next few months. Should I buy the nexus 7 or wait for nexus 8?
    Current Device: Nexus 5 Black 32GB, Tesla Model S P85
    Past Devices: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 4 (16GB), iPad 2 (64GB with 3G)
  2. #2  
    NoYankees44's Avatar

    Posts
    1,213 Posts
    ROM
    Viper

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Don't know of anything.

    The Google play edition LG 8" tablet would be your best bet.
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    If you want a Nexus 8 tablet now, get the LG GPad Google Play Edition.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    I think Google Now gave me a card for an article about the Nexus 8 a few days ago. I didn't read it though. :-/

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    I found the article. Just speculation without anything solid. :-/

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    mxmarcus's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    ROM
    CM9

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    I don't know how much that site is paying Google to keep injecting that crap in the feed

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I think Google Now gave me a card for an article about the Nexus 8 a few days ago. I didn't read it though. :-/

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    I got that card too. Didnt the article mention maybe april for possible announcement?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    They actually have a nexus 8 forum up over at phandroid.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    I got that card too. Didnt the article mention maybe april for possible announcement?
    Yes, but it was all speculation.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Yes, but it was all speculation.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I know, I read it. I'm assuming it was some sort of "educated speculation" at least?
  11. #11  
    Aredubu's Avatar

    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    If the Nexus 8 comes out with wireless charging and at least 32 GB of storage, I'm jumping ship from LG. Time will tell.

    Sent from my LG-V510 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    They actually have a nexus 8 forum up over at phandroid.
    I'm trying to figure out how that's relevant at all to the tablet being real or not.

    Anyway, we haven't heard anything at all about a Nexus 8. But, the Nexus 10 does need to be replaced. I would like to think that Google won't release an 8" tablet because it'll cannibalize sales of the 7, but who knows.

    I'd love to see a Nexus 10 that competes with the iPad in terms of weight and physical size. My gripe with 10" tablets as media consumption devices has always been the weight. Heavier tablets are just less comfortable over long periods of time when watching movies and needing to hold it up. Cases and keyboard docks are not an ideal solution to this problem, either.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    UN4GTBL likes this.
  13. #13  
    arburnley's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how that's relevant at all to the tablet being real or not.

    Anyway, we haven't heard anything at all about a Nexus 8. But, the Nexus 10 does need to be replaced. I would like to think that Google won't release an 8" tablet because it'll cannibalize sales of the 7, but who knows.

    I'd love to see a Nexus 10 that competes with the iPad in terms of weight and physical size. My gripe with 10" tablets as media consumption devices has always been the weight. Heavier tablets are just less comfortable over long periods of time when watching movies and needing to hold it up. Cases and keyboard docks are not an ideal solution to this problem, either.
    The rumor is they are ditching the 7" tablet because there are too many of them on the market. Switching to the 8" for something new.
  14. #14  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,964 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,166 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by arburnley View Post
    The rumor is they are ditching the 7" tablet because there are too many of them on the market. Switching to the 8" for something new.
    To compete directly with the iPad Mini? Idk. That's risky and they know it. It better nail it in every respect if they go that direction.

    This also means it'll be Google I/O or later until we see it if history is any indication.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    I just hope whatever they make, they put 64/128 GB versions.

    Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  16. #16  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,226 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,270 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Haven't seen anything that indicates an 8 inch tablet is in the works. I know an earlier leak had screen dimensions and oddly enough, they were the 2013 Nexus 7.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Any news on Nexus 8 tablet?

    Source - Google Nexus 8 Release Update: Release Date Coming Soon, Exclusive Android 4.5 and 64-Bit CPU - International Business Times

    ...... the tech giant may be gearing up into producing an 8-inch Nexus. This is to veer away from the saturated 7-inch slate industry and capitalize on the less explored 8-inch division. Reports also suggest that the Nexus 8 could come with a 64-bit CPU and Android 4.5 exclusively. --------------------Details about the Nexus 8 remain limited. Nonetheless, some of the reported specs include 64-buit Intel Moorefield CPU clocked at 2.33Ghz including a PowerVR G6430 GPU and is clocked at 2.33Ghz. It should also ship exclusively with Android 4.5 initially. According to reports, Android 4.5 will go by the Lollipop or Licorice.
  18. #18  

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5 Hang Up Tone is Horrible
    By Eludium-Q36 in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 02:58 PM
  2. How many built-in microphones does the Nexus 7 have, and where are they?
    By TomBrooklyn in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 08:21 PM
  3. Can't turn on or hard reset the phone, android error
    By brigeatenex in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 03:19 PM
  4. Slightly perplexed on running apps and killing/ending them.
    By Dale_M in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 02:47 AM
  5. Saving Saved VM on my Cellphone, T-Mobile S4
    By LadyTravel in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions