Could this be the new Nexus 6?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Either way from what I have read it's sounding good all be it the rumour and grain of salt, but as the G3 is looking likely to have great hardware and with Lg looking certain to build the Nexus 6 all will no doubt be good.

It is the last ever Nexus so I'm certain it will be :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1394928164146.jpg
    1394928164146.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited by a moderator:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Could this be the new Nexus 6.

Gosh, I hope not.

2 quick questions:

1. Why do we think LG is building the next Nexus phone?
2. Why do we think this is the last ever Nexus? (I remember the Russian guy who started the rumor, but never saw any corroboration from any other source, especially not Google)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't have any nexus device, but I certainly don't want Google to stop bringing them to life!
Be it LG, Motorola, Samsung or anyone else.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

The first glimpse of the next Nexus phone we're likely to see will be late q3 or early q4, when it passes through the FCC.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Agreed I'll wait on the FCC leaks. Being round again wouldn't surprise me overly. I am guess he posted rumour of lg as the past 2 have been made by them but then again we've seen Google can chop and change.

- Android Central App. N'oublions jamais l'Australie, Villers-Bretonneux.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
It's just rumour and yes nothing has been formally announced by Google that Lg is building the Nexus 6 or its the last.

Grain of the perverbial salt.

Sent From the one the only the magnificent Note 3.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Another Render.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
This design will not happen. It is poor design for both usage and durability. First due to the bezeless design, it can't be held while using at the sametime, you will have to put the phone down and your palm cannot touch any part of the screen while using it. Secondly, it will have extremely poor durability, the sides of the glass and lcd have zero protection and will break and crack without any effort and the phone would fall into pieces. Also it will be very uncomfortable to use due to the sharp edges, it would be uncomfortable to hold and the sharp top edge will dig against the face while making calls. Who ever came up with that design failed and put no thoughts into practicallity whatsoever, also he gave no space for the earpiece and sensors which are non-existence. In other word, it was a concept made by an 8 years old who copy and pasted the image of a screen onto a rectangle.

Last edited:

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't necessarily mind the concept renders, I just don't understand the point. It's random people with no input in or knowledge of the actual device throwing out pretty pictures of what they wish things would look like. They don't have any bearing on or relation to anything. At best it's wishful thinking, at worst it's disinformation.

eggantom

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Why did companies crazed about these "flex" smartphones???
I still don't get the "better ergonomics" part, but the they look awful! Stop turning devices into hip flasks!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown