Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Default Nexus 8.9 Tablet by HTC?

Google Nexus 8.9 made by HTC is tipped for June - a 'high-performance' tablet with 2K+ display, and a $300+ price

First off, the Google Nexus 8.9 is likely to be a "high-performance" device, with "volume production expected to start in July or August." She also adds that "this will be a lower volume product, carrying a premium price tag to support the specifications," and "would not be surprised if it is higher than $299." Another juicy tidbit is that Alexander thinks HTC will be the manufacturer of Google's larger tablet, which we've heard before.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Viper

Default Re: Nexus 8.9 Tablet by HTC?

This would be awesome... As long as the performance is premium and the price is not much over 300, I could very likely get get one. The old tf300 is starting to show its age.
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Good for HTC but I will be holding on to OG N7 until battery no longer holds a decent charge.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

naw asus will make the n8. I believe this is a no brainer. Just as lg will make the n6.

Global Posts
    6,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    naw asus will make the n8.
    :-(

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

I'm hoping HTC does make the Nexus 8.9... An aluminum design would be great on an 8.9 inch tablet IMO, plus it would be a Nexus!

Global Posts
    6,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by quadtronix View Post
    I'm hoping HTC does make the Nexus 8.9... An aluminum design would be great on an 8.9 inch tablet IMO, plus it would be a Nexus!

Well, is the Nexus tablet supposed to be a high-end device? Unless it is it probably won't have a metal exterior. My guess is that the plastics that are used for the exterior chassis are lower cost than using HTC One-grade aluminum or some other nice metal would be.

via the tablet
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Well, is the Nexus tablet supposed to be a high-end device? Unless it is it probably won't have a metal exterior. My guess is that the plastics that are used for the exterior chassis are lower cost than using HTC One-grade aluminum or some other nice metal would be.

via the tablet
    I read that it is going to be high end... And expensive to match . I also read that it will be made in relatively small quantities for a Nexus. I hope it's aluminum but if it's plastic that's not a deal breaker for me. Love my n7 2013!

Sent from my HTC One Max on Verizon via Tapatalk...

Been extremely excited ever since I first heard the rumors(couple months ago) of this tablet. A Nexus/Google 8.9" HTC One? Yes Please!!