Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung 'Galaxy S5 Mini' specs reportedly emerge | Android Central

Samsung fansite SamMobile, which has a decent track record with this sort of thing, claims the Galaxy S5 Mini will carry the model number SM-G800 (the full-sized GS5 is SM-G900), and will pack a 4.5-inch 720p SuperAMOLED display, 1.5GB of RAM, an 8-megapixel rear camera and 2MP front-facer. Other specs reportedly include 16GB storage, an IR blaster, and a 2,100 mAh battery. On the software side, expect Android 4.4 KitKat and Samsung's revamped TouchWiz UI.

The site says it "expects" the GS5 Mini to be water-resistant like its big brother, but has no details to offer on whether it'll also include a heart rate sensor. Similarly, the specific CPU being used is unknown, but it's suggested a Snapdragon 400 is "likely." A June launch is reported, which would see the GS5 Mini coming to market around a year after its predecessor.

loki993

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Weak specs and if it true the snapdragon 400 is an absolute dealbreaker...they need to start to realize that some people want high end specs and don't want to carry a tablet around in the pocket...if the can even manage to fit it in there.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Weak specs and if it true the snapdragon 400 is an absolute dealbreaker...they need to start to realize that some people want high end specs and don't want to carry a tablet around in the pocket...if the can even manage to fit it in there.

Looks like this S5 Mini is more like the Moto X to Moto G than the DROID ULTRA to DROID MINI (oz Z1 to Z1 Compact).

That said - I have a Moto G. The Snapdragon 400 seems to be no slouch.

loki993

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Looks like this S5 Mini is more like the Moto X to Moto G than the DROID ULTRA to DROID MINI (oz Z1 to Z1 Compact).

That said - I have a Moto G. The Snapdragon 400 seems to be no slouch.

Though I still feel the specs are weak....I was going under the impression of somewhat older 400 series dual core chips. The one thing I hear about the 801s in the M8, is the battery life advantage on the new chipset....that's the dealbreaker part for me..unless the newer 400s also take advantage of whatever the 801 are doing..which is quite possible.

Still...I dont like the fact that I need to have a giant phone if I want top end specs...