The "real" Galaxy S5 may still be in its way, S5 prime specs revealed

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Re: The "real" galaxy s5 may still be in its way, S5 prime specs revealed

In all honesty? I bet that Verizon opens with the 32gb 10 days after the others open with the 16's. Worth the wait. 16's are practically useless.

Posted via Android Central App

I really don't get why they even bother making the 16 one. Just isn't enough now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hopefully Galaxy S5 PRIME Specs....

Seems to me that Samsung would be looking to take the 4th Qtr and the holiday season back from Apple and launching a "Prime Series" phone early in the 4 th Qtr would be the way to do it! Samsung tends to take over the sales lead in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs and then looses it badly in the important 4th! If they could win the end of the year, in all likelihood they would beat Apple, their only TRUE competitor for overall smart phone sales! The ultimate goal for Samsung!
I think there is way too much smoke for there not to be fire! Samsung most defenitely will come with this phone, just how long will we have to wait...Late summer? Before Thanks Giving? Samsung is reportedly building the 4k displays and they are going to go into someones phone...I can't imagine Samsung would sell them to a competitor first!
The fly in the ointment with this whole thing may turn out to be a regional phone for Asia and the US and EU would never see it, but that really doesn't sound like a Samsung play and more like Sony!
In any case, I just don't think Samsung would scuttle S5 sales by bringing another premium devise any time soon and late summer/early fall seem like a better bet to me! Time will tell!

Cheers

Already have the note in the fourth so I don't think they will put it there, it will hurt the sales of the note

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I really don't get why they even bother making the 16 one. Just isn't enough now

Cheaper... Lol. Plus in very sure they have data that shows how much of the storage people are using and make adjustments off of that

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe this will be their F line or whatever their premium line was supposed to be called.
I think this will be what they use to combat the iPhone later in the year.

Exactly this.
Idk if it will be "F" line but I'm positive its another Galaxy line that will emerge.
If it would had came out along side the S5, it would have either been two bad things

1: lower price for the S5 (plastic) since the metal one would be the premium one. For example; on contract $99 S5 plastic, "Metal F line" $199.

Or

2: higher price metal to justify that its premium. For example; S5 on contract $199 S5 plastic, "Metal F line" $249-299.

So since both scenarios make no sense for Samsung, they decided to launch them with some time in between.

Pls use a grain of salt and keen eye to my speculations and factual thinking :p

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Exactly this.
Idk if it will be "F" line but I'm positive its another Galaxy line that will emerge.
If it would had came out along side the S5, it would have either been two bad things

1: lower price for the S5 (plastic) since the metal one would be the premium one. For example; on contract $99 S5 plastic, $199 metal.

Or

2: higher price metal to justify that its premium. For example; on contract $199 S5 plastic, $249-299 for premium.

So since both scenarios make no sense for Samsung, they decided to launch them with some time in between.

Pls use a grain of salt and keen eye to my speculations and factual thinking :p

This device does exist. Will we ever see it? Do we know what it is today? No. But I think we have enough evidence to believe that it is real so I don't think we need to think of this as just speculation anymore. Just my opinion

Kashan Osama

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

maybe,just maybe,A premium S5 in making with premium build and aesthetic and a "premium" price aswell ;)

It doesn't look like a Note 3,

Not an s5 (lol it is already released)

Not an S5 prime/F etc cause they denied it..

So if the rumours are to be believed,it looks like samsung is eyeing on a more premier line of smartphones,$700-$800 price tag maybe?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Its probably gonna be a Korea only thing

Of everything I've read, this actually makes the most sense to me. Both Samsung and LG have a track record of releasing high end products (not just talking phones here) only for their own backyard. I would not be surprised if this ends up as a Korea-only device, with the S5 and the Note 4 reaching world-wide distribution.

On the other hand, if it does end up available in other regions, I would not expect to see it until mid-autumn. Samsung is too smart to cannibalize sales of the S5 with a new "premium" edition released too soon.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

On the other hand, if it does end up available in other regions, I would not expect to see it until mid-autumn. Samsung is too smart to cannibalize sales of the S5 with a new "premium" edition released too soon.

Exactly what I said a couple of posts before this one already.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Exactly what I said a couple of posts before this one already.

Very very possible. However I think my theory is still plausible that this is a new line. We've seen the active, we've seen the mega, I think it's obvious that Sammy is expanding their product lines, and I think this one is just the next step for them in that area.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

really? I agree they should just do 32, but with external memory does it really matter?

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

really? I agree they should just do 32, but with external memory does it really matter?

Yes it does matter when apps / games get larger and larger and can't be installed to the sdcard

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

It matters a lot.

Currently my S3 has 5.62g devoted to applications and 2.38g(yikes) to cached data. 4g to system memory under miscellaneous. that's 75% or so of 16g, but I admittedly have way too many apps on here. Granted things will get bigger in the future with better technology, but not really that much bigger.

So what's the benefit?

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

Currently my S3 has 5.62g devoted to applications and 2.38g(yikes) to cached data. 4g to system memory under miscellaneous. that's 75% or so of 16g, but I admittedly have way too many apps on here. Granted things will get bigger in the future with better technology, but not really that much bigger.

So what's the benefit?

Do you play games on your phone. I have in the past and many still do. Top games are often over 1 some 2 GB that most of the time since 4...can't be moved to sdcard without root

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Do you play games on your phone. I have in the past and many still do. Top games are often over 1 some 2 GB that most of the time since 4...can't be moved to sdcard without root

Nothing crazy, no. So it's the same gaming/non-gaming issue then. Clearly Android is getting bigger and bigger too, but while I'm sure many play games I would suspect a large portion of the populace isn't getting more complicated than Angry Bird, so as long as they're going to charge 50-100 more for 32 or more, I'm good with them still offering the 16gb. As long as they have external storage for data of course.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

Nothing crazy, no. So it's the same gaming/non-gaming issue then. Clearly Android is getting bigger and bigger too, but while I'm sure many play games I would suspect a large portion of the populace isn't getting more complicated than Angry Bird, so as long as they're going to charge 50-100 more for 32 or more, I'm good with them still offering the 16gb. As long as they have external storage for data of course.

That's true and honestly I don't play as many as I used too. Just use my tablet for it now. But there is nothing worse than needing to update an app and getting the low memory usage alert and having to delete an app just to update others

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So no 4k screen to watch those 4k videos to record on? I guess we should call this sub prime.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish