The "real" Galaxy S5 may still be in its way, S5 prime specs revealed

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: The "real" galaxy s5 may still be in its way, S5 prime specs revealed

I would laugh if its a rival to the Moto G or the like...

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

That resolution is a waste at that display size. There's literally no reason to put anything over 400 PPI on a screen that small already. I don't see the point in doing that.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I would laugh if its a rival to the Moto G or the like...

I am more inclines to believe this, than the fact that they would poach their own Galaxy S5 sales. There is not a reason (from a business prospective) for an S5 Prime.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This may actually make some sense. Have the mass market s5 and then the "prime" in lower volumes for the super high end market in a few months.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Still dont see why samsung gets bashed for the plastic.. the aluminum bodies on other phones arent really that big of a deal.. I carry a plastic gun for a living and its much more user friendly than my beloved metal ones..

As far as having one phone come out and then another a few months down the line.. Motorola did that with the razr series and it made a lot of people who had just got the razr feel cheated when the maxx came out.

I think samsung would be wise to do what theyve been doing.. release the s series.. and then release the note series.. since the note is a niche phone...

The one thing apple did right is releasing one phone a year, and the buyer wasnt worried about it getting "one up'd" a short time later...

Just my two cents..

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Still dont see why samsung gets bashed for the plastic.. the aluminum bodies on other phones arent really that big of a deal.. I carry a plastic gun for a living and its much more user friendly than my beloved metal ones..

As far as having one phone come out and then another a few months down the line.. Motorola did that with the razr series and it made a lot of people who had just got the razr feel cheated when the maxx came out.

I think samsung would be wise to do what theyve been doing.. release the s series.. and then release the note series.. since the note is a niche phone...

The one thing apple did right is releasing one phone a year, and the buyer wasnt worried about it getting "one up'd" a short time later...

Just my two cents..

I feel that Apple misses out on a lot of revenue by not having two screen sizes or phones . They could make a standard iPhone at 4.5 and then an iPhone air or something that would carry a size of 5.2. Release them at different points during the year, similar specs outside of screen resolution and eat profit twice a year in one product category.

It's basically what Samsung does currently except that their note series always has better specs and a few key differentiating features.

As for the plastic, I don't know why people complain. I was watching an htc one review the other day and the guy said he was planning on buying some cases because the phone slips out of his hand, but he continued to praise the build quality of the phone. I don't get how he could say the phone feels premium and this and that, then say he's going to buy a case,lol.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

DrPreeth

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I feel that Apple misses out on a lot of revenue by not having two screen sizes or phones . They could make a standard iPhone at 4.5 and then an iPhone air or something that would carry a size of 5.2. Release them at different points during the year, similar specs outside of screen resolution and eat profit twice a year in one product category.

It's basically what Samsung does currently except that their note series always has better specs and a few key differentiating features.

As for the plastic, I don't know why people complain. I was watching an htc one review the other day and the guy said he was planning on buying some cases because the phone slips out of his hand, but he continued to praise the build quality of the phone. I don't get how he could say the phone feels premium and this and that, then say he's going to buy a case,lol.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

The gold HTC One (M8) that i played with at Best Buy; didn't feel like aluminum. It didn't feel cold to the touch like how my Macbook Pro does. I don't get it; it felt almost like how the plastic feels on my S3. Does the phone have some kind of glazed coating or something?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The gold HTC One (M8) that i played with at Best Buy; didn't feel like aluminum. It didn't feel cold to the touch like how my Macbook Pro does. I don't get it; it felt almost like how the plastic feels on my S3. Does the phone have some kind of glazed coating or something?

It's supposed to be brushed metal

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Why does it need 4k? Lol

I think 4k is an oversold and abuse concept right now.

If this is considered the Ultra version of this phone and records in 4k video, why not a 4k screen. My guess that it isn't ready for prime time or the costs like with every new piece of technology is too high.

It is just such a silly selling point to market right now.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't get how he could say the phone feels premium and this and that, then say he's going to buy a case,lol.

Happens quite a lot... they'll boast about the rich materials and such, then wrap it in a $15 plastic case, hiding it all from the world. You see, when there is little to differentiate these phones apart, people will focus on one of the differences and announce it to be the end-all-be-all..... Just how it goes.

Me? If phones came in titanium cases, then I would be impressed. THAT phone would look cool. But aluminium? meh.... I don't considering anything 'premium' if I used it to wrap up a baked potato the night before. Yeah, you could tell it wasn't a cheap phone, but neither did the other 'cheap' plastic flagship phones for that matter.

Heh... just read a rumor that HTC will be releasing a less expensive plastic version of the M8.... everything identical except it ditches the metal case. The rumor is a bit dubious I think, since it mentioned there was a $200 difference between them. but if that is the truth and HTC is dumping that much into the phone just to have a metal case, that is a monumental waste of money.

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thats somewhat the way I felt on hearing the rum
ors about the "g3" after shelling out for a g2.

Tapped out on my gt-3 because it was beneath my g2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000