Nexus 6 Rumor Mill

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
If they too out the black HTC bar on the bottom, relocated the power button to the side, and changed out the camera, I would be super excited about an m8 based Nexus. Super build and front facing speakers plus Nexus software would be perfect.

Now if only the release it on Verizon...

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
If they too out the black HTC bar on the bottom, relocated the power button to the side, and changed out the camera, I would be super excited about an m8 based Nexus. Super build and front facing speakers plus Nexus software would be perfect.

Now if only the release it on Verizon...
Yeah, I'd buy a Nexus from Pantech as long as it's released for Verizon! I'm debating on getting the S5 now or waiting and hope that the upcoming Nexus phone is on Verizon

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I want the N6 to be water resistant and all those speaker holes isn't good for that.

i have to say the N5 is pretty damn strong i dropped it in my tub (filled with a good 1/2in of water, fully submerged for at least 15 seconds) the first few days it took 7+ hours to get a full charge but it got back to normal working order.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Google simply wants to make a metal phone. HTC certainly has expertise in that area.

Scott this isn't directed at you just the subject of metal cases.

I just never got that metal feels premium argument with all the negative aspects of metal phones that mostly iPhone people push as their requirement for a cell phone. Metal cases can't use wireless chargers. I will never buy a phone that doesn't support wireless charging. Metal dents and scratches easy and shows the damage greater than other non-metal case types. Metal runs up the cost of manufacturing a phone. Metal will show discoloration where you touch it over a year from wear. Metal gets hot or cold to the touch due to weather or battery over heating more than other case surfaces. Over 60% of people use cases to protect the phone so it doesn't matter if it is metal or whatever case.

One out of every three smart phones in the world including Apple are Samsung that has never used a metal case.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I just never got that metal feels premium argument with all the negative aspects of metal phones that mostly iPhone people push as their requirement for a cell phone.

You bring up good points on the disadvantages of a metal phone. So, if Google is not interested in making the next Nexus phone out of metal, what reason would it have for selecting HTC?

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Rumors I have heard are HTC for Nexus 10 or Nexus 8 (successor to the Nexus 7 line) and LG tapped again to make a third Nexus phone (Nexus 5 is great so no complaints here...Samsung Nexus phones sucked in comparison).

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Rumors I have heard are HTC for Nexus 10 or Nexus 8 (successor to the Nexus 7 line) and LG tapped again to make a third Nexus phone (Nexus 5 is great so no complaints here...Samsung Nexus phones sucked in comparison).

*bump rumor update*

I heard HTC for the new nexus tablet too either the nexus 10 or 8. to be honest I don't see a new nexus 10, I see them selling a neXus 8. but why HTC for the tablet? I can only recall the flyer and jet steam for AT&T but didn't those undersell ?

Posted via Android Central App

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
You bring up good points on the disadvantages of a metal phone. So, if Google is not interested in making the next Nexus phone out of metal, what reason would it have for selecting HTC?

I have no clue but it is still just a rumor at this point. My only guess would be Google wants to save HTC and help them get more market share since I keep reading how much money HTC is losing. With Samsung now selling their Tizen "Linux-based" OS phone and saying they will do a Windows phone they sure aren't making Google happy as their top vendor.

I don't want to come off as a HTC hater they make very good phones just not the ones that appeal to me. I have only held HTC M7 in the store since I haven't seen one HTC phone in the wild in three years. The M7 that I held in the store does feel good to the hand. However if metal cased phones is so premium it sure doesn't seem to sell a lot of HTC phones that are the top tier of the Android phones with metal cases. If the rumors on the technology of the Nexus 6 is close to being correct I will buy one and it doesn't matter to me who is the manufacture of the phone. After all even Apple doesn't manufacture even their own phones.

Last edited:

G1GABYTES

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Supposedly the launch date for N6 could be coming in June when Google has its I/O conference. If not, the latest might be like November just my 2 cents based on the release date history (timeline) of the previous 5 devices.

Some of the core features I would love to see on the Nexus 6 are:
  • Minimum 1.5Ghz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801
  • 2 GB ram / 16/32gb storage variants
  • 3,300+ mAh battery
  • Screen size of 5.2"

Do you agree? Im curious to see what features you all would like to see? Throw in some hardware and software ideas if you could!

Oh yea and one more thing, I would like to see another price point around $400

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
My only guess would be Google wants to save HTC and help them get more market share since I keep reading how much money HTC is losing.

I have a feeling that HTC is one of Google's favorite companies to deal with. HTC made the first Android phone (the T-Mobile G1/HTC Dream). They made the first Nexus phone (the HTC Nexus One). Google likes the M7 and M8 so much that it sells both of them in the Google Play store. So it doesn't surprise me if Google and HTC want to work together on another project.

G1GABYTES

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't mind HTC making the next device. HTC seems to be on the higher end as far as build quality. Heck, I'd trade them off for LG any day...

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Supposedly the launch date for N6 could be coming in June when Google has its I/O conference. If not, the latest might be like November just my 2 cents based on the release date history (timeline) of the previous 5 devices.

Some of the core features I would love to see on the Nexus 6 are:
  • Minimum 1.5Ghz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801
  • 2 GB ram / 16/32gb storage variants
  • 3,300+ mAh battery
  • Screen size of 5.2"

Do you agree? Im curious to see what features you all would like to see? Throw in some hardware and software ideas if you could!

Oh yea and one more thing, I would like to see another price point around $400

"Minimum 1.5Ghz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801" - The nexus 5 has a 2.3ghz quad core, and the new HTC One has the snapdragon 801 @2.5ghz. They are not going to go backwards to 1.5ghz.

"2 GB ram / 16/32gb storage variants" - Good enough I guess, but I'd rather have 3gb ram. Storage doesn't matter too much to me, since I do everything in the cloud.

"3,300+ mAh battery" - Sounds good to me.

"Screen size of 5.2" - I'm not really a fan of phablets, so I hope it doesn't go over 5.2". To me 5" is perfect.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
"Screen size of 5.2" - I'm not really a fan of phablets, so I hope it doesn't go over 5.2". To me 5" is perfect.

I think the Samsung Galaxy Note series completely dominates the phablet category, so I would like to see a Nexus phablet just to give more options at that screen size. Plus it would be nice to have official stylus support in a stock Android device. Still, you have a valid concern over the size. Perhaps Google could release Nexus phones with multiple screen sizes this year.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Meh, the next Nexus phone is always rumored for the IO event. Not because there is ever any actual evident suggest it, but because it would always make sense to release it at a Google event. I would love for them to release it that early, but right now there is nothing to remotely suggest that.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
That website comes out with new nexus 6 rumors everyday. They've managed to talk about all 90,000 different possible configurations so far. I ignore them now, since they all about getting people to click on their links and provide no real news.

Yeah, IB Times, DigiTimes, and some Christian website seem to have a lot of "leaks" about stuff that never comes to fruition. I never believe any of these rumors unless they're reported by evleaks or a reputable blog like AndroidCentral (talking about a front page post) or AndroidPolice (and really, those blogs don't usually post rumors unless the source is evleaks).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma