M8 Prime (@evleaks)

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One m8 prime?

The S5 "Prime" looks to be happening. This is just HTC throwing a rumor out there to possibly deter folks from buying whatever Samsung comes up with. HTC doesn't need another M8----this one is just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

The S5 "Prime" looks to be happening. This is just HTC throwing a rumor out there to possibly deter folks from buying whatever Samsung comes up with. HTC doesn't need another M8----this one is just fine.

Could also be to compete with the s5 prime?

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Could also be to compete with the s5 prime?

Simply put? They can't. I'm hoping this new Silver line starts putting companies like HTC in a position to compete with Samsung. It won't be easy, though. They know exactly how to position their products and even though Touchwiz isn't quite on the level of Sense 6, it's only a matter of time before it will be better.

HTC's design coupled with Google's UI and supposed focus on marketing and in-store presence? That might be enough to start competing with Samsung.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Simply put? They can't. I'm hoping this new Silver line starts putting companies like HTC in a position to compete with Samsung. It won't be easy, though. They know exactly how to position their products and even though Touchwiz isn't quite on the level of Sense 6, it's only a matter of time before it will be better.

HTC's design coupled with Google's UI and supposed focus on marketing and in-store presence? That might be enough to start competing with Samsung.

I never said they could compete, but it won't stop them from trying. Last year's One went had to head with the s4, just like this year's One and the s5. Did Samsung sell more devices last year? Will they sell more this year? Sure, but that doesn't mean HTC should give up, I personally think they make a better product.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't think HTC will do a prime version

The externals are already premium so it would be :

Snapdragon 805
3gb ram
Next gen ultra pixel?

I don't think it would sell any more phones, people who buy a M8 prime would have bought a M8 anyway

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I never said they could compete, but it won't stop them from trying. Last year's One went had to head with the s4, just like this year's One and the s5. Did Samsung sell more devices last year? Will they sell more this year? Sure, but that doesn't mean HTC should give up, I personally think they make a better product.

Not producing a spec bump just because Samsung is doesn't mean they're giving up. They're just being realistic about where they are now in relation to being able to compete with Samsung. Their energy would be better spent learning how to market their product to the masses.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Not producing a spec bump just because Samsung is doesn't mean they're giving up. They're just being realistic about where they are now in relation to being able to compete with Samsung. Their energy would be better spent learning how to market their product to the masses.

I agree. However, producing a spec bump device would make it so they could compete with Samsung and the LG g3 later this year. There are still a lot of people who passed on the m8 and s5 because it wasn't that big of an upgrade over their current devices. Having a prime version would maybe get those people to upgrade or buy the phone because it would be a much bigger upgrade in their eyes

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I bet this is a replacement for the HTC One Max...no big deal. I think the m8 is nearly perfect. Put the 5s camera in it and it would be a wet dream

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I don't think HTC will do a prime version

The externals are already premium so it would be :

Snapdragon 805
3gb ram
Next gen ultra pixel?

I don't think it would sell any more phones, people who buy a M8 prime would have bought a M8 anyway

Don't forget 2k display. There are still a lot who passed on the m8 and s5 because they thought it wasn't that much of an upgrade from their current device, this might help

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Don't forget 2k display. There are still a lot who passed on the m8 and s5 because they thought it wasn't that much of an upgrade from their current device, this might help

I was listing things that would be a benefit and not a waste of resources for negligible gain...

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I was listing things that would be a benefit and not a waste of resources for negligible gain...

Lol, totally agree but that's going to be one of the main selling points of the s5 prime and the LG g3

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I know the battery is much improved but I wish a prime version would just knock it out of the park. 3200mah +

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't need 3GB of RAM or 1440p. Give me an 8 MP UltraPixel with OIS.

That'd make the device bigger, though. Just can't win.