Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M8 Prime (@evleaks)

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/461259428822384640

Forget the Ace. What y'all are really waiting for is codenamed M8 Prime.

Default HTC One m8 prime?

Check it out:

HTC Hopping Aboard “Prime” Bandwagon With M8 Prime [Rumor]

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Default Re: HTC One m8 prime?

If it is, htc should make it like the note.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

The S5 "Prime" looks to be happening. This is just HTC throwing a rumor out there to possibly deter folks from buying whatever Samsung comes up with. HTC doesn't need another M8----this one is just fine.

Default Re: M8 Prime (@evleaks)

So this is the new trend right now? Release a ''Prime" version of every flagship? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Orion78 View Post
    So this is the new trend right now? Release a ''Prime" version of every flagship? lol
    Will there be an LG Optimus Prime with an obligatory tie-in to the Transformers movie?

To cool

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Transcendence View Post
    The S5 "Prime" looks to be happening. This is just HTC throwing a rumor out there to possibly deter folks from buying whatever Samsung comes up with. HTC doesn't need another M8----this one is just fine.

Could also be to compete with the s5 prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Could also be to compete with the s5 prime?

Simply put? They can't. I'm hoping this new Silver line starts putting companies like HTC in a position to compete with Samsung. It won't be easy, though. They know exactly how to position their products and even though Touchwiz isn't quite on the level of Sense 6, it's only a matter of time before it will be better.

HTC's design coupled with Google's UI and supposed focus on marketing and in-store presence? That might be enough to start competing with Samsung.

Simply put? They can't. I'm hoping this new Silver line starts putting companies like HTC in a position to compete with Samsung. It won't be easy, though. They know exactly how to position their products and even though Touchwiz isn't quite on the level of Sense 6, it's only a matter of time before it will be better.

HTC's design coupled with Google's UI and supposed focus on marketing and in-store presence? That might be enough to start competing with Samsung.

I never said they could compete, but it won't stop them from trying. Last year's One went had to head with the s4, just like this year's One and the s5. Did Samsung sell more devices last year? Will they sell more this year? Sure, but that doesn't mean HTC should give up, I personally think they make a better product.

I don't think HTC will do a prime version

The externals are already premium so it would be :

Snapdragon 805
    3gb ram
    Next gen ultra pixel?

I don't think it would sell any more phones, people who buy a M8 prime would have bought a M8 anyway

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

I never said they could compete, but it won't stop them from trying. Last year's One went had to head with the s4, just like this year's One and the s5. Did Samsung sell more devices last year? Will they sell more this year? Sure, but that doesn't mean HTC should give up, I personally think they make a better product.

Not producing a spec bump just because Samsung is doesn't mean they're giving up. They're just being realistic about where they are now in relation to being able to compete with Samsung. Their energy would be better spent learning how to market their product to the masses.

Not producing a spec bump just because Samsung is doesn't mean they're giving up. They're just being realistic about where they are now in relation to being able to compete with Samsung. Their energy would be better spent learning how to market their product to the masses.

I agree. However, producing a spec bump device would make it so they could compete with Samsung and the LG g3 later this year. There are still a lot of people who passed on the m8 and s5 because it wasn't that big of an upgrade over their current devices. Having a prime version would maybe get those people to upgrade or buy the phone because it would be a much bigger upgrade in their eyes

I bet this is a replacement for the HTC One Max...no big deal. I think the m8 is nearly perfect. Put the 5s camera in it and it would be a wet dream

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    I don't think HTC will do a prime version

The externals are already premium so it would be :

Snapdragon 805
    3gb ram
    Next gen ultra pixel?

I don't think it would sell any more phones, people who buy a M8 prime would have bought a M8 anyway

Don't forget 2k display. There are still a lot who passed on the m8 and s5 because they thought it wasn't that much of an upgrade from their current device, this might help

Higguns likes this.

Don't forget 2k display. There are still a lot who passed on the m8 and s5 because they thought it wasn't that much of an upgrade from their current device, this might help

I was listing things that would be a benefit and not a waste of resources for negligible gain...

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    I was listing things that would be a benefit and not a waste of resources for negligible gain...

Lol, totally agree but that's going to be one of the main selling points of the s5 prime and the LG g3

These may be coming out to combat the release of the LG G3.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I know the battery is much improved but I wish a prime version would just knock it out of the park. 3200mah +

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Don't need 3GB of RAM or 1440p. Give me an 8 MP UltraPixel with OIS.

That'd make the device bigger, though. Just can't win.

Can't really think of what they would do with this. Isn't the Galaxy S5 Prime supposed to have a more premium metal body? I mean in HTC's case the best you could do is bump the CPU and Screen up, and maybe the ram. But really you don't need a S805 processor or even 3GB of RAM, not to mention 2K screens on mobile devices sounds gimmicky to me I just don't things they'll show huge advantages compared to the battery life they'll surely require.
    Transcendence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacharyw70 View Post
    Can't really think of what they would do with this. Isn't the Galaxy S5 Prime supposed to have a more premium metal body? I mean in HTC's case the best you could do is bump the CPU and Screen up, and maybe the ram. But really you don't need a S805 processor or even 3GB of RAM, not to mention 2K screens on mobile devices sounds gimmicky to me I just don't things they'll show huge advantages compared to the battery life they'll surely require.
    Exactly. The S5 Pro (not sure where everyone gets Prime from) is supposedly an answer to design critics and the 3GB of RAM may cure the "lag" issue that sees it trail Sense 6 and stock Android. If I was Samsung, I'd release it with stock Android. Can't see a lot of enthusiasts turn down that kind of hardware with stock Android powering it. I'd probably grab one.

QHD may be the next big thing...for marketers.

Quote Originally Posted by rahxephon View Post
    QHD may be the next big thing...for marketers.
    It will also be the next big thing for battery drain lol

It will also be the next big thing for battery drain lol

I'd have to imagine that LG and Samsung have addressed that in some way. I doubt they'd release 2 devices that can't at least match their previous works in battery life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast