Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Droid lineup?

Have seen nothing about Verizon's Droid, Maxx, etc. as far as what's coming down the road. Wondering if Verizon/Lenovo will continue the series and if they do, what we might expect. This summer seems a good time to replace my trusty Razr Maxx.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

Default Re: New Droid lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by maxman1 View Post
    Have seen nothing about Verizon's Droid, Maxx, etc. as far as what's coming down the road. Wondering if Verizon/Lenovo will continue the series and if they do, what we might expect. This summer seems a good time to replace my trusty Razr Maxx.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
    Lenovo will likely continue the series. Motorola is Verizon exclusive partner for DROID-branded devices and US carrier partnerships was probably something Lenovo wanted out of the deal (which is not yet final).

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Lenovo will likely continue the series. Motorola is Verizon exclusive partner for DROID-branded devices and US carrier partnerships was probably something Lenovo wanted out of the deal (which is not yet final).

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    if the camera was just a little bit better on the droid maxx it would be about perfect.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman29 View Post
    if the camera was just a little bit better on the droid maxx it would be about perfect.
    Camera but more importantly, onscreen buttons. Went back to the X because of the capacitive buttons on the droids. They are a step back in my book.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by CellGuy View Post
    Camera but more importantly, onscreen buttons. Went back to the X because of the capacitive buttons on the droids. They are a step back in my book.

Posted via Android Central App
    im right the opposite . I had the on screen buttons with the g2 and I kept having issues hitting them inadvertently .

I'm very curious to see what Motorola /Lenovo does to replace the Maxx. Had anyone heard any rumblings about if that line is going to continue in 2014? Lenovo could decide to do away with the Maxx since it already has its own battery beast with the P780.