has the true flagship Android phone of 2014 been released yet? or is it coming soon?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
has the true flagship Android phone of 2014 been released yet? or is it coming soon?
(as in the phone that has the highest specs that tops everybody else)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I think the Snapdragon 801 will be the most potent CPU this year, but there is still some time left for someone to come and take the crown.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Always hard to say. The next Note hasn't been announced, nor the new Moto X. The One Plus hasn't been released...too many devices not out yet to even guess.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the G3 is the phone of the year already, even with the Note 4 not yet released.

I'm looking forward to the Moto X+1, but I don't think it will gear toward all out specs so it won't be a big seller.

If you count specification as the main qualification, I would probably pick the Oppo Find 7 (not 7a) out of all them. Unlike the G3 and Note 4, the Oppo is more durable (obviously based on disassembling and seeing internal structure), it have unlocked bootloader with CyanogenMod partnership, and cheaper.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I would almost bet money that there will be an 8 core-64bit/4gb ram phone by the end of the year. Whether or not google comes out with 64bit android is another thing. But a phone like that will be future ready. After all, you can run 32bit OS's on 64bit hardware.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a techy nerd but I was watching you tube and I can't remember if it was cnet or pocket now but they were saying that the latest leaks say Note 4 will have 64 bit. I think Note 4 will be the best phone of the year.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is going to be the one to beat, if it comes with YOUM. That will be the real game changer. Everything else will be close to interchangeable, except the crrappy camera on the M8. That alone takes it out of consideration for #1

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I don't think you can take the specs by themselves. What good are they if you don't take advantage of them? I think the king will be the phone that has great specs and great software implementation to go with them

savemydinner

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy Note 4 will be absolutely leader in 2014. But let's wait for iPhone 6 presentation. It would be interesting who will be better at the bottom line.

the_man_dylan

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
To be perfectly honest, I don't think there will be a clear 'flagship' phone of 2014. The S5, M8, G3, and Z2 have very similar specs and because of that, it is the stand out features that people will want. All four of these phones have their qualities, but some will always want different things to others. I would not say that a flagship has to have the 'Highest specs'. The Moto X was probably in my opinion the flagship of 2013. It was not the highest in power, but it was the stand out between all the devices that year. Unless Google or another manufacturer can come up with a ground-breaking device in Q4 (coinciding with Android L), then I don't think there will be a stand out flagship this year.

fcmatteo

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a flagship phone in Android, that's one of the best features of Android. In iPhone you have only one phone for each market sector (In reference to the budget of each one) so there is no doubt about which one is the flagship.
In Android you have many choices with similar specs, as the_man_dylan said.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Flagships are released from every manufacturer. They all have flagships, midrange and entry level phones. It's hard to compare a phone released early this one to one being released in October. It's up to the consumer to determine which manufacturer has the right phone for them. Does anyone make the perfect phone? Everyone has their own priorities as far as what they want in a phone when no phone offers everything. Personally, I think the Note 4 is pretty close to having everything at this particular time.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith