Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,328 Global Posts

Default Motorola DROID MINI, DROID MAXX successors

via @evleaks: Upcoming Motorola devices: Abbagoochie and Valocia -- both run on Snapdragon 801s (former is allegedly next handset in Droid Maxx line, with latter the next Droid Mini). - Evleaks

DROID MAXX successor codename: Abbagoochie
    DROID MINI successor codename: Valocia

Upcoming Motorola devices: Abbagoochie and Valocia — both run on Snapdragon 801s (former is allegedly next handset in Droid Maxx line, with latter the next Droid Mini).
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Motorola DROID MINI, DROID MAXX successors

I would totally get a phone called the Abbagoochie, just so I could say, "Let me check my Abbagoochie."
    Thanked by 2:
    ErnstMach and Assassin Droid like this.

Default Droid maxx codename

Soo the title says it all. The new codename for the new maxx is out and about and I have to say I am excited to see what they bring to the table. Rumors have it a snapdragon 801 is going to be running it. I hope they add more ram. What does everyone else want done differently this time?

Posted via my DROID MAXX
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Re: Droid maxx codename

Hope they keep the Kevlar...or move up to carbon fiber....keep Amoled...maybe go super premium...sapphire the like... Droid MAXX should be the very finest Verizon offers... It must have a premium feel...go lux or just be an also ran.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

What did I miss? Are there rumors of a new Droid Maxx variant?

Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Global Posts
    1,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Its about time they came out with something. I hope they can get some thin bezels so the phone doesn't get much larger. Hopefully someone besides LG is capable of that feat.

They announced late July last year - I'm sure that the schedule is once a year. I just wonder if they think it might be smarter/more profitable to come out after Android L or try to sell before the new iPhones every year. I suspect it's the latter so I'd guess that every August or so each year there'll be an update to the Droid line.

Very true. I cannot wait to see the rest of the specs. I was hoping for a snapdragon 805 and 3g of ram. That's really all I would want plus a higher resolution screen. Keep the battery life where it is at then it will be another home run. I have an upgrade coming due in August so I am anxious to see if they will have a decent leak by then

Posted via my DROID MAXX
    Rooted and flashed: HTC EVO 4, Motorola Photon 4, Motorola Razr Maxx, Nexus 7, DROID MAXX, Sony Xperia Z2 (tablet), and LG G3 (Verizon)

Global Posts
    1,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

They just need to make sure the batter life doesn't decrease at all. I'd be plenty happy with a 1080 screen. No need to go to the craziness of the G3. 5.2" is plenty large if they can have small bezels. The camera does need some improvement.

Watch the next droid "mini" will be 5.1 inches

Posted via Android Central App

I am extremely excited to hear the Droid Maxx line will be continuing this year. My guess on specs:

5.1 inch screen packed into a phone the same size as the Droid Maxx
    Snapdragon 801
    3800 mAh battery (similar battery life to Droid Maxx)
    1080 screen
    3g ram
    32 GB storage (minimum)
    Hopefully Kevlar back remains in place
    Could see Moto getting rid of capacitative Home, Back, and Recent Apps buttons and putting them on screen

When can we expect a more formal announcement on the Droid Maxx and Droid Mini successors?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,328 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1901Madison View Post
    When can we expect a more formal announcement on the Droid Maxx and Droid Mini successors?
    Probably around the same time as the X+1/360 announcement.
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Global Posts
    1,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Any idea when that is?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,328 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Any idea when that is?
    ..Motorola said late Summer for the Moto X+1. Other than that, no date has been publicly announced.

So, my question is, if it's running the 801. Does that mean, that the new MAXX, wouldn't have all the contextual awareness of the current MAXX? Meaning, the always listening, Moto asset, all of the nice features that would be hard to give up! Motorola, please leave all that stuff in the new MAXX!!
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,328 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vegasdroid View Post
    So, my question is, if it's running the 801. Does that mean, that the new MAXX, wouldn't have all the contextual awareness of the current MAXX? Meaning, the always listening, Moto asset, all of the nice features that would be hard to give up! Motorola, please leave all that stuff in the new MAXX!!
    ..because the 801 can't do that stuff?

I have been hearing rumors of a possible August 1st announcements for the Droid line and a later announcement for the X+1

Global Posts
    1,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kansasandroid1 View Post
    I have been hearing rumors of a possible August 1st announcements for the Droid line and a later announcement for the X+1
    Where have you heard that?

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Snareman View Post
    Where have you heard that?

From nobody who actually knows when the products will be announced. The only people who do know work at Verizon and Motorola and are not willing nor able to say until the official announcement is made. The phones will come when they come.
    Thanked by:

For what it's worth, the current Droid lineup was announced a couple weeks before the Moto X. Not that that necessarily has any relevance to what'll happen this time around, but the Droids were announced late July, MotoX early August. So if they stick with a similar schedule, it could be any day now.
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

I wonder if the Moto Maxx will be a separate phone from the Droid Maxx? If the rumors of the Moto X being a 5.2 inch screen are true, it wouldn't make sense to have a Moto Maxx and a Droid Maxx, right? The only way this would make sense is if the Moto Maxx is a 5.2 inch screen and the Droid Maxx became more a phablet with a huge battery (say, 5.7 inch screen).

Let's say the Moto Maxx was a 5.2 inch screen with a 3800 mAh battery and the Droid Maxx was a 5.7 inch screen with a 4000 mAh battery. Which one would you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by 1901Madison View Post
    I wonder if the Moto Maxx will be a separate phone from the Droid Maxx? If the rumors of the Moto X being a 5.2 inch screen are true, it wouldn't make sense to have a Moto Maxx and a Droid Maxx, right? The only way this would make sense is if the Moto Maxx is a 5.2 inch screen and the Droid Maxx became more a phablet with a huge battery (say, 5.7 inch screen).

Let's say the Moto Maxx was a 5.2 inch screen with a 3800 mAh battery and the Droid Maxx was a 5.7 inch screen with a 4000 mAh battery. Which one would you buy?
    For many years moto sold versions of the Droids as non Droid versions. The milestone keyboard phones sold overseas, for example. I tend to think that moto is prevented by contract from selling these phones that match the Droids in the US. Still, a moto Maxx may just be a moto x+1 with a larger battery.

I guess we'll see when we see...

Global Posts
    1,514 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

5.2" is plenty big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast