Motorola MOTO MAXX (International DROID TURBO variant?)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: MOTO MAXX

Word Mark MOTO MAXX
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Mobile phones, smartphones and accessories therefor, namely, battery chargers and adapters
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86344022
Filing Date July 22, 2014
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE Suite 1800 222 W. Merchandise Mart Plaza Chicago ILLINOIS 60654
Attorney of Record William R. Anderson
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
"Moto MAXX" trademark

Wonder what it could be?
Any suggestions, let's hear them!

Last edited by a moderator:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Remember that Motorola used to sell non-droid versions of their old Droid phones, like the milestone keyboard phones and the RAZR phones, but they were never sold in the USA. It's possible what these phones will be.

I'm hoping, though, that they're just moto x+1 phones with bigger batteries.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

Moto if you're reading this please keep x8 computing, increase the ram (just to keep it snappy with future updates), and offer a qwerty!

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Moto if you're reading this please keep x8 computing, increase the ram (just to keep it snappy with future updates), and offer a qwerty!

Sent from my unlocked consumer edition Motorola Droid Maxx xt1080m.

X8 was only required because Moto used an soc that didn't allow low power processing of things like voice commands. I believe the new snapdragon 80x all support that so the special processors for touchless control and contextual awareness should no longer be necessary.

http://www.slashgear.com/qualcomm-800-floodgates-open-as-moto-x-loses-its-edge-21294495/

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

So far no one had made similar usage of either function. It does make one wonder what's holding them back.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Didn't the Droid Maxx, Mini and Ultra all come out about this time last year? If so, shouldn't we be getting really close to an announcement? Already seems to be on a later timeline than 2013.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Didn't the Droid Maxx, Mini and Ultra all come out about this time last year? If so, shouldn't we be getting really close to an announcement? Already seems to be on a later timeline than 2013.

Yes, the current Droid lineup was announced late July, Moto X early August last year. New device announcements could come any time.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

You'd think we would have heard some rumored specs by now. At least something past a name.

Probably the same as the X+1 with a bigger battery.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

Do you think there's any chance that the Moto Maxx will be customizable via Moto Maker?

I lost interest in the 2014 Moto X when I saw how small the battery was and it lacked wireless charging but the Moto Max solves both of those problems.

A Moto Maxx via Moto Maker would be an almost perfect phone in my eyes.

Posted via Android Central App

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Do you think there's any chance that the Moto Maxx will be customizable via Moto Maker?

I lost interest in the 2014 Moto X when I saw how small the battery was and it lacked wireless charging but the Moto Max solves both of those problems.

A Moto Maxx via Moto Maker would be an almost perfect phone in my eyes.

Posted via Android Central App

No. Doesn't look like it. Looks like you get either black out now possibly red Kevlar as your options.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

I just think with the case options like spigen slim armor and Incipio Feather that the actual color of my phone doesn't really matter. The amount of time I use my phone case less is negligible.

Due to the rising cost of smartphones consumers are keeping them in better shape for higher resale. I think it would be awesome to have moto maker for the droid turbo. But then again the largest part of the phone, the back door, should be user removable no matter what. Problem solved.