Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,156 Global Posts

Default About the rumored Nov. 8 unveiling

We talked about this on the podcast for a while tonight, but here's my thinking: We know Nov. 8 is the Continuum event. The picture suggests as much, and the image filename is Continuum_Invitation_FINAL.jpg.

The Continuum is a Verizon device. So say Google and/or Samsung wanted have a "One More Thing" moment and unveil the Nexus Two/Nexus S, piggybacked on the Continuum. Here's how that conversation would have gone:

Google: As long as we're all in the room, let's announce the Nexus Two! It's totally open, people can buy it however they want.

Verizon: Screw you, Google. It's our event.
    Very, very doubtful we'll see it, at least under the current state of things.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,730 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Why just pop out bubble like that you can at least let me have my hope not matter how far fetched or miss guided it is. Thx that's like telling a 4 year old theirs no Santa
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Yeah I'm thinking they'll announce the Continuum, but why in the world would they have an event for one device? Especially since the Continuum will not be a super popular phone.

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Why just pop out bubble like that you can at least let me have my hope not matter how far fetched or miss guided it is. Thx that's like telling a 4 year old theirs no Santa
    This post hurt my brain and my eyes.

The thing I don't get about Samsung announcing the Nexus 2 with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) on it is that their other Galaxy S phones don't even have 2.2 yet! I feel if they release the phone with (even stock) 2.3 on it, the current Galaxy S users will cause a riot.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    This post hurt my brain and my eyes.

The thing I don't get about Samsung announcing the Nexus 2 with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) on it is that their other Galaxy S phones don't even have 2.2 yet! I feel if they release the phone with (even stock) 2.3 on it, the current Galaxy S users will cause a riot.

Thoughts?
    One of the advantages the Nexus family has is getting all the updates first, since there is no carrier approval process to go through. The Galaxy S phones I believe already have the 2.2 ready for them, but the carriers are adding in their own apps and testing for bugs still.

Thoughts?
    agreed. and i would be a bit upset as well about not having 2.2 on my vibrant yet. maybe theyll surprise all galaxy s users and say something like "youre all getting 2.3!"

Quote Originally Posted by blooper View Post
    agreed. and i would be a bit upset as well about not having 2.2 on my vibrant yet. maybe theyll surprise all galaxy s users and say something like "youre all getting 2.3!"
    Like we're an Oprah audience - "look under your seats everyone: you get a Gingerbread OS, and YOU get Gingerbread OS, and you too get a Gingerbread OS!"
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    N/A

The official Google phones are awesome since they get everything first.

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vanilla

That's why I hope there is one with Verizon CDMA radios.

Sent from my DROIDX
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,730 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I know it's not coming and could care less if it does it have my eyes set on something else. And as far as hurting your eyes will make sure to post when I have more time than my 10 min break
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Like we're an Oprah audience - "look under your seats everyone: you get a Gingerbread OS, and YOU get Gingerbread OS, and you too get a Gingerbread OS!"
    haha! good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    lol. but if it were oprah, we'd get a new adroid 2.3 device as well.

lol. but if it were oprah, we'd get a new adroid 2.3 device as well.
    And a trip to Australia or something lol

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

And a trip to Australia or something lol
    Haha don't forget a new car! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    theirs no Santa
    What!?

Being a Nexus One owner I was really hoping the Nexus Two would be from the same team as the Nexus One. htc & Google are winners in my book. Being basicly an old phone by todays standards the Nexus in my opinion is still the best Android device made to date. I also own the G2, great phone but I just love the way the Nexus One feels in my hand. Yep I also have the desk top dock and use it to channel my music to my boss stereo and let me ad it sounds freaken killer. I can take my phone off the dock and control the music from anywhere in my house. Great feature thought out from a young phone. Please bring us the Nexus Two. Hoping it is from htc and google but will take it from where ever google decides and will be the first in line to get it.
    Thank You Google

ROM
    Jelly Bean 4.1.2..

Hey maybe and this is just my wishful thinking, they'll skip Froyo and give all the galaxy phones gingerbread?!?! :-) A guy can dream right? ;-)
    Smartphone curious but not smartphone smart..

i wouldnt doubt if samsung dropped the froyo and just jump to gingerbread...if that is possible. (i dont know how those different O.S. work) they might do it like how Dell is doing with the streak. as u can say...A guy can dream...
    Last edited by frozencloud; 10-30-2010 at 09:40 PM.

I don't think Samsung would be having press releases about the release timeline for Froyo if they were skipping it and going to Gingerbread. That would be nice though.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

I thought the same thing as well..but the Continuum being a Galaxy S device, as it appeared on the battery door in one of the leaked pics, makes me think The Continuum may only be the name of Verizon's device. Like the original Galaxy S line, each major carrier got their own version of the hardware. Could be the same thing here, with additional announcements. Never know. Would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by GQ50 View Post
    Hey maybe and this is just my wishful thinking, they'll skip Froyo and give all the galaxy phones gingerbread?!?! :-) A guy can dream right? ;-)
    Why not Honeycomb? If you're gonna dream, dream big, right!?

HTC + Google = WINNER
    I would love to see HTC and Google team up for the Nexus Two. Samsung is not my favorite company just by their resent track record.
    I want the Nexus Two. PLEASE

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The thing is that the Continuum may not be official, but... it's OLD its already been seen in non blurry mode etc. So why make an event for ONE device? maybe that A device might be a NEWER device? Maybe at the event they might have the release date for the Continuum and then unveil another device, say the Nexus 2/S? That sounds a bit logical, at least to me it does.
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10

Hmm...I guess they're not releasing The Nexus 2/S (Or at least not announcing it yet/today).

That was a very stupid reason to hold a conference.....All that for 10 minutes?

What a sad event