Droid DNA 2, Would you get it?

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So the Butterfly J "2" (Butterfly J was the Japanese predecessor to the DNA) has been announced.

Info: Handling HTC's Butterfly 2: the flagship phone you might never see
Rough Comparison: HTC Butterfly 2 vs HTC DROID DNA - Phone specs comparison

Assuming Verizon brings brings it over here, Do you think you would pick one up?

- Nano-SIM and micro-SD card don't require a pin to spring them open: they're now (satisfyingly solid) pull-out trays. (Will this fix SIM errors?)
- They maintain that it will be waterproof now even without the rubber closure which is nice. Hydrophobic coating?
- No puny 4MP Ultra-Pixel Camera on the HTC One, now 13MP.
- Not sure how I feel about the plastic case on it though.
- Bigger Battery

If by some chance Verizon or someone else picks this up , I hope it doesn't get it's specs butchered (who am I kidding, it will).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My concern would be the fact that Verizon kind of forgot about the DNA after a short while. Granted, this is a completely different phone, but calling it a DNA 2 would just make me think twice.

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Bad Timing really. I think part of that actually had to do with Star Wars. Here's the deal, DROID is owned by LucasFilm. Verizon Licences the name to use on some models.
About a week or so before the Droid DNA launched Disney bought LucasFilm and their copyrights (Star Wars related mainly).
During the transition their contract was probably up in the air, would explain why it had no advertising as I could tell for it. By the time it was likely resolved the phone had been out a while and they weren't willing to invest on advertising it at that point.
I think it's specs were/are still great. I love new gear but have not been impressed by anything new enough to give up my DNA after nearly 2 years.

D_Norm_A

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had my DNA for over 18 months without a problem except for the SIM error that the tape fixed. Has been the BEST phone I've ever owned. Just got the wife the M8 and she loves it.
I would be interested in the '2' if it came out but my phone has been so dependable that nothing really catches my eye at all.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
If I was still using my DNA, I would be very interested in it. Boomsound alone is a huge bonus over my old DNA. I still use my DNA daily as music player at work and still really enjoy it as a device.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I figured it was time for a new phone after 18 months with the Dna... A coworker had a note3, picked it up for a song, used it one day and couldn't stand Sammy touchwiz. I've had three HTC phones...I promptly removed my SIM, and popped it back in my DNA and sold the note on eBay. I made over a hundred on the sale. I'm happy my buyer got a really nice note3 and im waiting for the next DNA#2!!!!!!

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I figured it was time for a new phone after 18 months with the Dna... A coworker had a note3, picked it up for a song, used it one day and couldn't stand Sammy touchwiz. I've had three HTC phones...I promptly removed my SIM, and popped it back in my DNA and sold the note on eBay. I made over a hundred on the sale. I'm happy my buyer got a really nice note3 and im waiting for the next DNA#2!!!!!!

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Been there. Had the 1 Samsung Galaxy ( Fascinate on Verizon) and I couldn't stand their UI. Years later and it's still the same. I don't like the colors on their AMOLED screens either, LCD3 all the way! For me the build quality on Galaxy and Note Phones feels cheap.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has said that all future droid will be made by Motorola. So it seems unlikely.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dennis246

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The OP question was for a DNA 2, doesn't have to be a droid. I would pick it up in a heartbeat. For me the DNA is much better looking than the One M8.
I am hoping it happens but with HTC trying to consolidate their lineup, especially at the top end, I doubt it would happen.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
They couldn't call it the DROID dna 2. Moto is the only one who can now

Posted via Android Central App

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
They couldn't call it the DROID dna 2. Moto is the only one who can now

Posted via Android Central App

They could probably get away with DNA 2 and omit Droid. I'm guessing they would just change the whole name anyway so it wouldn't look like a sequel.

hendrix2

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the DNA by HTC and it was ok but did not like the battery life on it after a while. Now the maxx is much better. I think I just like motorola phones better than the HTC phones. So no would not buy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463