Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC Sense 3.0

Aaaaaaaaahhwwwwwwww

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

The Samsung part is what gets me...is it really the next "Google phone" if Samsung claims it as its own?

Or maybe I'm just paranoid

MOAR info

Hm. All of the Galaxy S phones are not demarcated by name in the various certification pages.

I'm wondering if this is the full Galaxy Player PMP (which we know exists from DIVX, Wifi and DLNA certification).

Make it 4g lol.

why dont they call it Samsung Haxor.....elite is just so...eh

The Samsung Elite already exists in Europe. I think I rented one in Amsterdam...

And while I'm at it...Google employees getting a holiday cash bonus instead of phones pretty much kills any replacement to the N1 before 2011.

personally at this point i want to know what is the spec, and if it's coming out this year. im getting pretty impatient here -.-

I will be disappointed if if they change brands. Htc's build quality is much better.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

The Samsung Elite? Really

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wonder if Best Buy's pre-order webpage did not get the memo about the not Nexus S phone?

Um, Elite?

Already been used...

Samsung Elite 3 - Prices, Photos, Videos - Mobile Phones

Maybe it's America-only?

Like I said in a couple other threads...it's part of a multi-company salvo of stock android phones and wifi devices sold through retailers rather than via carriers (or Google's own website). Motorola already announced that they are also working on upcoming pure Google devices, and it's a sure bet that HTC is involved somewhere.

Bring on the stock 2.3 phones, PMPs, and wifi VOIPs!

Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    Like I said in a couple other threads...it's part of a multi-company salvo of stock android phones and wifi devices sold through retailers rather than via carriers (or Google's own website). Motorola already announced that they are also working on upcoming pure Google devices, and it's a sure bet that HTC is involved somewhere.

Bring on the stock 2.3 phones, PMPs, and wifi VOIPs!
    OMFG I would DIE for this. I love my Evo, but only with Cyanogen. 4G be damned! Only thing is, Cyanogen isn't optimized for the Evo, so battery life sucks. I would LOVE a stock HTC phone, so long as it's updates ASAP when new releases come out. THAT'S the kicker.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @EvanR32

I think it is possible that Best Buy is just referring to the device as the "Nexus S" internally. The Korean writing still says "Nexus Two" on the Engadget pictures... and Phil says Samsung Elite.

This leaves us with three competing names. The fact that there are these three names floating around on very good sources probably means that it isn't set-in-stone as the "Nexus S."

Could the Samsung Elite be the flagship phone due in early 2011, and not the Nexus S/2?

Exclusive: Samsung 'flagship' phone with Gingerbread and huge display coming in early 2011 -- Engadget
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,162 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fireshot91 View Post
    Could the Samsung Elite be the flagship phone due in early 2011, and not the Nexus S/2?

Exclusive: Samsung 'flagship' phone with Gingerbread and huge display coming in early 2011 -- Engadget
    THAT makes much more sense. Enter this bad-*** guy, and there you go.

Sooo its a thinner Epic? I feel like Samsung should have made this phone look a little different than all the other S phones, this is supposed to be a Nexus phone, instead it looks like another Galaxy phone..

Quote Originally Posted by dannynyc View Post
    Sooo its a thinner Epic? I feel like Samsung should have made this phone look a little different than all the other S phones, this is supposed to be a Nexus phone, instead it looks like another Galaxy phone..
    The nexus One looked similar to other HTC phones...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12