Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sony Ericsson Anzu -- 4.3", Gingerbread, Q1 launch?

The SE Anzu, supposedly running Gingerbread at launch in Q1 2011. 4.3 inch display, HDMI out, and "very, very slim".

Here's hoping, SE makes some awful nice hardware.

From xperiax10.net
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

that pic makes it look even taller than the X.

SE will probably criple the phone as it did with the X10
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

If it has gingerbread.. doesn't that mean it will come out in 2012?
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

Global Posts
    12,850 Global Posts

New pics have been posted up ..

Source

in the first pic, it shows under firmware '2.1-updated' though? wouldnt it be saying 2.3 if it where gingerbread?

Global Posts
    12,850 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thefalloftroy_ View Post
    in the first pic, it shows under firmware '2.1-updated' though? wouldnt it be saying 2.3 if it where gingerbread?
    Well, you're thinking about that fact at a consumer level. As in what we as consumers see everyday on our devices. If the device was still in development, no one knows what they could have loaded onto it let alone which version it would display as or release with.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

That might just be a bit too thin for my tastes. I might crush it with my manly hands lol
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Looks pretty slick.

Sent from my Evo 4G. using tapatalk

Only thing I don't like is the lack of a search button.

Anyone who believes Sony when they say that 2.3 will be available for the phone that summer is an *****. REMEMBER THE X10!!!! The fact that Sony would again try the Jedi mind trick on us is again is insulting. What's funny is that it sounds like there will be enough weak minded sheep people salivating for the chance to buy and cry when the update they were promised doesn't appear until 2012. (or 2013)

Default Ignore the first "again"

Please ignore the first "again" sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parsons View Post
    No Gingerbread out the gates. Sad panda, I am.
    Not only that, they'll probably screw everyone who bought it by revealing some limitation a few months saying "Oh sorry about it but we can't really enable that". Then they'll take ages and a year later release an OS update that's 2 generations behind the latest one. All those poor sods who bought the X10, man I feel sorry for them.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Man someone doesn't like sony. But I fully understand their support for the x10 has been horrible makes samsung look good
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Man, does anyone support their phone well? HTC? I haven't heard anything good about Motorola, Samsung, or SE when it comes to updates.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,731 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Motorola is pretty good so is htc, samsung and sony ericsson suck. Lg I don't know. Best bet is to get an open phone that you can root rom etc so even if the oem decides to stop supporting your phone you can still get upgrades via the community
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    Motorola is pretty good so is htc, samsung and sony ericsson suck. Lg I don't know. Best bet is to get an open phone that you can root rom etc so even if the oem decides to stop supporting your phone you can still get upgrades via the community
    Thanks