1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Kaosfroyo/DecaFuctCFSv6

Default Droid Terminator ?

What Carrier? Verizon probably? How big of a screen. Keyboard or not. Anyone know anything about this device? Gonna get an X unless this sucker is close. THANKS!
    DroidX, Apex 1.4 Tried GB, Apex runs better:-)
    Eris, rooted, Kaosfroyo CFSv6 Black theme.
    OG Droid Rain-soaked at an early age

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB v0.6.1 (D), CM7 (N)

I may have just been missing any news on it, but as far as I know we know very little about the phone and 'Droid Terminator' is just a nickname for whatever Moto's either 2Ghz or Tegra 2 (or both) phone will be. It'll probably be on Verizon, but one rumor suggests we may also see it AT&T as well.
    Thanked by:

I am kind of new here so don't be too mean to me if this is a no no, but you can find all the rumors about this phone here...

also, according to phone arena, it is going to be released in december, but it isn't lte. but who knows, its all rumors
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Kaosfroyo/DecaFuctCFSv6

I really want to move to an X, and I probably will just for the sheer size of it but this phone is interesting.
    DroidX, Apex 1.4 Tried GB, Apex runs better:-)
    Eris, rooted, Kaosfroyo CFSv6 Black theme.
    OG Droid Rain-soaked at an early age

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Honestly, how fast do you want it?! I am with Phil on this one, a dualcore device is so amazing it will leave you just stumped, what can you do that you have not done on your device already? Another thing is, don't expect these new devices to last you longer than 4 hours of continuous use, I used an HD7... Even with its 1ghz snapdragon and WP7 with light use on 3g, only got through 8 hours... I am sure that Samsung and Motorola are extremely pressured with battery life, as 1ghz might suck up the battery really fast. Just get a Droid X, it ain't the fastest device on the market anyways! If you want the fastest device on CDMA it might be the Evo, if you want a faster Verizon device, just wait for the next couple of HTC devices. If you want the fastest device on the market, go pick up a G2, MyTouch 4g, or a Galaxy S device.
    Devices: Samsung Nexus S 4.0.1(alpha, of course), Samsung Vibrant 2.3.5 CM7 w/ Glitch Kernel v13, broken HTC Dream, and a Google Cr-48 with Ubuntu 11.10
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

^^ youtube the tegra 2 gaming demo that's what you can do. And don't forget that just because it's dualcore doesn't mean both will always run at full speed. And with the extra core the cpu should be able to complete task quicker then go back to a slower speed. While its nice to see tegra 2 samsung orian processor will be a true gaming beast.while the snapdragon should be great at cpu task
    Rooted for life

I only see dual-core for 1080p recording and maybe gaming but gaming on Android doesnt have a huge support or isnt being pushed like it is on WP7 or iOS

You can go here to look at some info: http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...oid-phone.html My Avatar picture could be the Droid T2? It is only a concept.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Who the hell thought that by completing things faster it will save battery life? It takes extra energy to complete the process faster, so the battery life will be god awful. The reason netbooks have such great battery life is because their processors are underclocked, that is why my laptop with a core 2 duo only lasts 1 hour on a full charge.

I wonder what's keeping Motorola from releasing a high-end phone for T-mobile... HTC and Samsung don't have a problem doing so. I wonder if they have an exclusivity agreement with VZW...

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
    I wonder what's keeping Motorola from releasing a high-end phone for T-mobile... HTC and Samsung don't have a problem doing so. I wonder if they have an exclusivity agreement with VZW...

Thoughts?
    Tmobiles phone lineup has always been strange. Its really only recently (1-2yrs) that high end phones showed up on Tmo that are even worth bragging about. Not really sure why there isnt a Droid on Tmo but the G2/Mytough/Nexus is still a nice lineup.
    icu

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by JoseN305 View Post
    G2/Mytough/Nexus is still a nice lineup.
    All three phones I would buy today if they were on VZW.

Global Posts
    1,117 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's Verizon for sure, Motorola has some sort of deal, Verizon wanted an iPhone killer, this is essentially a clone with Android. And now the line up for T-Mobile might get better with the Nexus S

Even with a January release is there no chance of LTE?

Quote Originally Posted by CallerHoller View Post
    Even with a January release is there no chance of LTE?
    Motorola isn't dumb (even though 2.2 for the X would make you think otherwise). They know LG, HTC, and most likely Samsung are coming out with 4G/LTE phones at CES. Motorola would be dumb to release a monster phone like this with only 3G radios. I will almost guarantee it to be an LTE device.

That's what I was betting on for any phones released in January. LTE is what I'm really waiting for.

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Quote Originally Posted by Smokexz View Post
    Who the hell thought that by completing things faster it will save battery life? It takes extra energy to complete the process faster, so the battery life will be god awful. The reason netbooks have such great battery life is because their processors are underclocked, that is why my laptop with a core 2 duo only lasts 1 hour on a full charge.

"...the new 28nm dual-core MSM8960 system-on-a-chip will have five times the performance and consume 75 percent less power than the original Snapdragon"

There ya go. Though I can see where the assumption will be made that it's due to the 28nm.

Is terminator code for the verizon Olympus?

Quote Originally Posted by GTvert90 View Post
    Is terminator code for the verizon Olympus?
    I think Olympus is the name for the ATT or Sprint version. The Terminator is gunna be the Etna on Verizon.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

Terminator ain't code for anything. It's a made-up name.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

As someone that uses my droid x for the vast majority of "computer" needs, this type of device would be an interesting concept. I fire up my laptop only when needed, mostly to transfer media. It could be a good solution for users that need the capabilities to run large apps but only want to carry one device. I will be watching this closely.

Well folks it didn't take long for Moto to fire something out into the bloggesphere seeing that leaks of the Dual Core LG Star and Samsung S have been getting a lot of "play time."

Android and Me has just confirmed this is in fact the Motorola Olympus. The Motorola Olympus is rumored to feature NVIDIA’s dual-core Tegra 2 processor, a 4.1-inch display, 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video record, front-facing camera, HDMI out, and is currently running Android 2.2 with Motoblur. We all know that Gingerbread is right around the corner so hopefully Motorola updates this phone to Android 2.3, but we can only hope.

It's said to be releasing around the end of January on AT&T with other carriers following. Yes VZW will get this handset and I do believe it will hit in February with you guessed it............LTE capabilities.

So there you have it. The Dual-Core line up of the Olympus, LG Star and Samsung S. Question is what device is in your future?

Key features of Nvidia's Tegra 2

Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU — The world’s first mobile dual-core CPU for faster Web browsing, snappier response time, and overall better performance. The Cortex-A9 is the world’s first mobile CPU with out of order execution for more efficient processing, resulting in a better overall experience.

Ultra-low power (ULP) GeForce GPU — NVIDIA graphics technology architected for low-power applications enables an excellent visual experience while mobile. The ULP GeForce GPU delivers outstanding mobile 3D game playability and a visually engaging, highly-responsive 3D user interface.

1080p Video Playback Processor — Play back 1080p HD movies with your mobile device. Delivers smooth, full frame rate 1080p HD video playback and streaming HD Flash video playback without compromising battery life.

1080p Video Encode Processor — Runs video encode algorithms to deliver full 1080p HD video streams for video recording and conferencing capabilities.

Image Signal Processor (ISP) — Take sharp brilliant pictures with support for up to 12 MP cameras. The integrated image signal processor (ISP) includes proprietary algorithms that enable image and video stabilization, face tracking, advanced trick modes, light balance, edge enhancement, and noise reduction to deliver real-time photo enhancement capabilities.

Audio Processor — Handles signal audio processing to deliver over 140 hours of continuous 128kbps mp3 audio playback on a single battery charge.

ARM7 Processor — Supports system management functions and several proprietary battery life extending features.

High-Definition Digital Display Output — Tegra supports HDMI allowing you to connect to a full 1080p HDTV or other display and view your content on the big screen. 5.1 surround sound support fills your room with a theater-like experience.

OpenGL® ES 2.0 Optimizations and Support — Ensures robust compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.

Global Power Management System — Numerous hardware monitors distributed across the Tegra architecture collect data on activity levels, frequency, temperature, and incoming request patterns. The data is used to determine the optimal operating condition to ensure that the processors are always running at the lowest possible power level while still delivering maximum performance when needed.

Specifications

Processor and Memory Subsystem
    Dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 MPCore™ processor, up to 1.0 GHz
    32-bit LP-DDR2, DDR2

Ultra Low Power NVIDIA Graphics
    OpenGL ES 2.0
    Programmable pixel shader
    Programmable vertex and lighting
    2x 3D graphics performance of previous generation Tegra

Full High Definition Multimedia
    1080p H.264/VC-1/MPEG-4 Video Decode
    1080p H.264 Video Encode
    Supports multi-standard audio formats, including AAC, AMR, WMA, and MP3
    Upgraded JPEG encode and decode acceleration

Integrated Image Signal Processing
    Up to 12 megapixel camera sensor support
    Advanced imaging features (AWB, AF, AE, etc.)

Display Subsystem
    True dual-display support
    Maximum display resolutions supported:
    1080p (1920x1080) HDMI 1.3
    WSXGA+ (1680x1050) LCD
    UXGA (1600x1200) CRT
    NTSC/PAL TV output

Credit: cereal killer
    Last edited by Preach2k; 11-27-2010 at 02:20 PM.

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Any idea what the clock speed is on something like this? Not that it is going to matter in the same way, but it'd be nice to know.

EDIT: just answered my own question, 1ghz

Hardware wise, the LG Star and Olympus look to be nearly the same devices. Nvidia Tegra 2, 8MP Camera, 1080P Video Recording, 4-4.1 inch screens, capacitive touch buttons, no keyboards, etc.

I'm still a bit iffy on the Nexus S. It won't have the same impact of the Nexus One. Also, it seems that Samsung is keeping their real hardware for the Elite/Galaxy S2, so whenever those come out they'll overshadow the Nexus S. Good job Google!
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Wink

This thread is a very interesting read.
    As much as I'm thrilled by the future release of this by Moto, my eye is still on the LG Star.
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com