Sony Xperia Z4 Specs leaked already? This is GOOD!

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
A dedicated amplifier sounds good. (no pun intended). For my purposes, I see too much attention paid to camera and too little to sound quality. If you ask anything about SQ then reviewers diss you by saying they aren't audiophiles (I'm looking at you, Andrew). Looking for new phone about March, and so far Hima and Z4 will be good. But I have to say i have gotten very use to having buttons on the back ala G2.

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the Sony Xperia Z4 Compact announcement hopefully this month. I'd like to see: Qi wireless charging, no larger than 4.7"-4.8" screen, best 1080 screen for longest battery life, and improved camera; especially low light. If they hit the mark, this will be my daily driver for a long time...

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
The Xperia Z4 lineup is starting to look good! For those that love Hi-Res music and small phones the rumored Sony Xperia Z4 Music fits the bill with a 4" screen and smaller size than the Compact. Pair this small pocket device with a Sony wearable SmartBand Talk or SmartWatch and I just might be in heaven. ;)

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If the Z4 really bumps up screen size to 5.5, it is getting pretty close to my perfect phone. The only drawbacks for me on the Z3 are too-small screen size and no wireless charging.

Agreed - Sony's are too small today and no reason not to have Qi wireless. 5.5" is a start.

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
... Anything under 5.5" is too small in my view. Different people have differing perspectives. =)

Yep! In one word "pocketability." For me, the future is small size in the pocket with big functionality on the wrist so I don't "have to" pull the phone out of my pocket all the time. I'd prefer something even bigger than the biggest smatphone if I want to spend time on the web.

One concept I've always liked is the Asus Padfone. It provides a small tablet size screen-dock for your cell phone to slide into. IIRC they have a 4.5" phone that docks in a 7" tablet and a 5" phone that docks in a 9" tablet. By today's standards the tablet screen-dock is a bit outdated in design with its' large screen borders, but the concept is kind of cool.

Last edited:

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
One concept I've always liked is the Asus Padfone. It provides a small tablet size screen-dock for your cell phone to slide into. IIRC they have a 4.5" phone that docks in a 7" tablet and a 5" phone that docks in a 9" tablet. By today's standards the tablet screen-dock is a bit outdated in design with its' large screen boarders, but the concept is kind of cool.

I've always loved that concept as well. It's the best of both worlds with the convenience of not having to maintain 2 devices. Yes, the design is outdated, so needless to say, that needs improvement. But carriers are probably resistant to the concept because it eliminates the sale of a second device.

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's a shame. Would have been nice to have the Z4, M9 and S6 all revealed at MWC so we could compare the three and decide which one we'd want to get.

Oh well, waiting a little longer isn't a big deal.

I was expecting it to be. The z2 was shown last year. Maybe they aren't staying in their 6 month release schedule anymore? Unless they have a showing for this soon after.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
some new info and it looks really good of a phone

Sony E6553 (Xperia Z4) appears in benchmark; leaks possible specs | Xperia Blog

GFXBench leaks a number of specifications of the device which includes a 5.1-inch (1080 x 1920) display with Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset (1.9GHz octa-core processor and Adreno 430 graphics).

Other specs include 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, a 20.7MP rear camera and 5.0MP front-facing camera (in line with the Xperia M4 Aqua and Xperia Z4 Tablet). As you would expect, the Sony E6553 is running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. So what do you think – is there enough here to justify an upgrade? We’d love to hear your thoughts below.

Sony-E6553-Benchmark-640x806.png

BuffOrange

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Any signs of a Compact? The Z3C is almost my ideal phone except for the lack of Band 12. I guess the regular one will do if it's only 5'2".

Sucks that I'm gonna be checking rumors every day for ~6 months thanks to HTC dropping the ball w/ the M9.