Sony Xperia Z4 Specs leaked already? This is GOOD!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sony Xperia Z4 specs reportedly leak, Z3X might not exist - GSMArena.com news

Which brings us to the Z4's innards. It's said to sport a 5.5-inch touchscreen with QHD (2,560x1,440) resolution, and a new curved rear camera sensor that will have about the same (20.7 MP) resolution as the ones in its predecessors.

Powering the Z4 will be a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC, with a 2.8 GHz octa-core CPU (having four Cortex-A57 cores and four Cortex-A53 ones). The RAM will be upped to 4GB this time around, and the minimum storage space will be 32GB (double that in the Z3's base model).
The phone will sport Cat.6 LTE connectivity, for theoretical peak download speeds of 300 Mbps, and Bluetooth 4.1. There will also be a dedicated amplifier on board for better sound quality. The design of the Xperia Z4 will be very similar to that of its forerunners, still the same Omnibalance language employed yet again.

Interestingly, Sony is said to give up on its six-month release cycle for flagship handsets starting with the Xperia Z4. So far, it has been the only company to push out two flagships per year - take the Z2 and Z3 from 2014, for example. But that's rumored to change, with the Z4 not being followed by a Z5 in 2015.

The Xperia Z4 is apparently going to be introduced around March next year, probably at Mobile World Congress.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

Which brings us to the Z4's innards. It's said to sport a 5.5-inch touchscreen with QHD (2,560x1,440) resolution, and a new curved rear camera sensor that will have about the same (20.7 MP) resolution as the ones in its predecessors.

Powering the Z4 will be a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 SoC, with a 2.8 GHz octa-core CPU (having four Cortex-A57 cores and four Cortex-A53 ones). The RAM will be upped to 4GB this time around, and the minimum storage space will be 32GB (double that in the Z3's base model).
The phone will sport Cat.6 LTE connectivity, for theoretical peak download speeds of 300 Mbps, and Bluetooth 4.1. There will also be a dedicated amplifier on board for better sound quality. The design of the Xperia Z4 will be very similar to that of its forerunners, still the same Omnibalance language employed yet again.

Interestingly, Sony is said to give up on its six-month release cycle for flagship handsets starting with the Xperia Z4. So far, it has been the only company to push out two flagships per year - take the Z2 and Z3 from 2014, for example. But that's rumored to change, with the Z4 not being followed by a Z5 in 2015.

The Xperia Z4 is apparently going to be introduced around March next year, probably at Mobile World Congress.

Sounds like someone was dreaming.. But probably not too far fetched.
On another hand can we please stop with this screen growth. 5in is perfect for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Whats good for the goose is not always good for the gander.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

I know that's why I said perfect for me. And I just hate form factors are getting too big. I have had android since days of cup cake and not once had screens go up by .2 or .4 inches a year. And it doesn't look like they're slowing down. I think companies need to have two sizes of each phone.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
They must have read my Sony Nexus Z wish.
Sony Nexus Z (based of Z5 - 6 month release cycle):
  • 5.50" 2560x1440 QHD Triluminos Display (534 ppi) - cause Google will realize 5.96 inches is too ridiculous
  • Snapdragon 810 with 3 GB RAM
  • 20.7 MP OIS (Rear) and 5 MP (Front)
  • Front Facing Speakers
  • 32 GB and 64 GB - no expandable storage cause Google and its cloud services
  • 3200 - 3300 mAh Battery
  • Running Android Milky Way
Time for battery life to take a hit though. Sony and HTC will both utilizes QHD displays in 2015 because now even Google is pushing for it with there Nexus 6. Sony has the hardware design down, so the only way I saw them improving upon the Z3 would be spec bumps.

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I know that's why I said perfect for me. And I just hate form factors are getting too big. I have had android since days of cup cake and not once had screens go up by .2 or .4 inches a year. And it doesn't look like they're slowing down. I think companies need to have two sizes of each phone.

Agree. Sony hit the proverbial nail on the head with the Z and Zc. Now everyone is jumping on it. To bad they (everyone but Sony apparently) can't copy the same specs into their compact brand.

Me 2 you via Lg0gPro

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Z3 compact rumor today. 4.6", upgrade to 1080p screen, snapdragon 810, 4gb ram, 32 GB. This would be epic if true!

Posted via the Android Central App

Kandino

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Hoping that's specs are true.

Sony needs at least three devices per year. A 4.6, 5.2, and a 6 inch to appease the masses. I personally wouldn't mind a nitch device as well. A true camera phone!

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
If the Z4 really bumps up screen size to 5.5, it is getting pretty close to my perfect phone. The only drawbacks for me on the Z3 are too-small screen size and no wireless charging.

Last edited:

rewiecs

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
This might be the correct specs however I think they might change the name their next flagship phone and come up with something new...
I definitely want them to make some changes on their interface

Sent from my HTC EVA_UTL using Tapatalk

ahmad12

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Nice but I really want to see an update to the Z Ultra what ever happened to that lets hope the leaks are true and the Z Ultra gets announced 02/15

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a really great device. I just hope with the 5.5" screen, the phone isn't too large.

I'll be tossing up between the Z4 and HTC Hima early next year. Should be a year of great devices.

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a really great device. I just hope with the 5.5" screen, the phone isn't too large.

More recent rumors have it with a 5.2" 1080p screen and an 805 soc, which makes it a pretty marginal upgrade from the Z3. I'm not really interested in the resolution bump, as I honestly don't think I can see a difference above 1080, but I can't go smaller than 5.5", and my next phone will almost certainly be 64 bit.

Alleged Xperia Z4 screens peg the phone with a 5.2" display diagonal, upgraded chipset

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I hate playing the "tech waiting game" just as much as the next person, but these leaked specs on the Z4C really have me contemplating returning the Z3C!! :confused:

• 4.7 inch display carrying a resolution of 1920 x 1080
  • Snapdragon 810 64-bit octa-core chipset
  • 20.7-megapixel Sony Exmor RS sensor rear camera
  • 5-megapixel camera on the front
  • 3,000 mAh capacity battery
  • IP68 certified water/dust resistance
  • Improved set of stereo speakers
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of native storage

Complete specs of the Sony Xperia Z4 Ultra and the Z4 Compact leak out | TalkAndroid.com

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I hate playing the "tech waiting game" just as much as the next person, but these leaked specs on the Z4C really have me contemplating returning the Z3C!! :confused:

• 4.7 inch display carrying a resolution of 1920 x 1080

Crazy world we live in when 4.7" screens are considered 'compact' haha.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

My only wish would be that Sony's device is more durable this time around, me and a couple of friends have had bad experiences with Sony devices partly due to the build quality not doing well with impacts.

I think these specs are very possible, as Z series always puts maximum specs.

Well the Xperia Z didn't have the best specifications for it's time, if I am not wrong.

Hoping that's specs are true.

Sony needs at least three devices per year. A 4.6, 5.2, and a 6 inch to appease the masses. I personally wouldn't mind a nitch device as well. A true camera phone!

A true camera phone? Haha that might be the Lumia 1020 but never mind the technology Sony is testing nowadays for their phone cameras is truly stunning.