anything new coming to att soon?

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Motorola Olympus/ Terminator. It will go to AT&T first and then to the rest of the carriers. You just have to wait for the iPhone to go to Verizon so AT&T can wake up and see that Android is owning everything right now.

vailjo91#WP

Nov 10, 2010
www.facebook.com
And to the Iphone comment. If you look at anyone who actually works for att we push android more then anything. We all stray away from the Iphone because it dose suck. Also to the Virgin part. You have to be kidding me. Att has been popular way before the Iphone came out and will continute to be that way. Dose second top rated phone company and second most subscribers ring a bell at all. Also ATT has Android Devices in the works. If you forget some companys cant get alot of the phones released or get their hands on them yet because there was an old exclusive offer that is only coming out effect in December. So all the carriers will be able to get there hands on more Android devices not just the ones that they have been limited to. But then again what do I know I dont work in the cell phone buisness or anything and none of my friends do either X} (LG Product Specalist, Moto Product Specalist, LG Corperate Trainer, Blackberry Product Specalist all just to name a few who I am friends with oh and me ATT Sales Rep and phone reviewist and blogger)

Last edited:

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I work for att we have the MOTO Flipside and Bravo coming out soon both android devices

no offense,
but both of those phones kind of suck.

im just guessing the op meant a kickass phone.
i hope they get a badasss one soon. i originally was going to get the nexus one til the end of my contract. but by the time i had the money it seemed outdated and my contract was basically up.
so i switched to the epic and never looked back.

but now i am if they get the terminator with good reviews haha

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
And to the Iphone comment. If you look at anyone who actually works for att we push android more then anything. We all stray away from the Iphone because it dose suck. Also to the Virgin part. You have to be kidding me. Att has been popular way before the Iphone came out and will continute to be that way. Dose second top rated phone company and second most subscribers ring a bell at all. Also ATT has Android Devices in the works. If you forget some companys cant get alot of the phones released or get their hands on them yet because there was an old exclusive offer that is only coming out effect in December. So all the carriers will be able to get there hands on more Android devices not just the ones that they have been limited to. But then again what do I know I dont work in the cell phone buisness or anything and none of my friends do either X} (LG Product Specalist, Moto Product Specalist, LG Corperate Trainer, Blackberry Product Specalist all just to name a few who I am friends with oh and me ATT Sales Rep and phone reviewist and blogger)

It is extremely simple, you and your co-workers may not want to sell the iPhone, but AT&T sure as hell wants you to. I am sure you hate the iPhone for the reasons I hate it as well, however AT&T will never get a high end Android device until Verizon or T-Mobile or SOME OTHER carrier gets an iPhone. Right now the iPhone is "hip" so people purchase it knowing it will only work on AT&T. Now AT&T has another sucker locked down for 1-2 years of awful tiered data packages. Once people find out Verizon has iPhones, with superior coverage and much wider variety of tiered plans( they are now testing out what Sprint has, 500 or so minutes, unlimited text and data for I believe $70).

So you may not want to sell the iPhone, but if you want to stay in business, AT&T needs to sell iPhones. If people want a dumb phone they go to T-Mobile or Verizon, because they have much nicer tiered plans(500 minutes unlimited texts etc. etc. for not even 50 dollars, family plans, better coverage).

As of now though, AT&T has about 5 Android devices (Aria, Captivate, Flipout, X10, and some other device I dunno what it is). All of these devices are really not outstanding in any way(maybe the captivate, for its abilities to get 2.2 and a beautiful screen and excellent processor, regardless T-Mobile has the Vibrant which isn't locked down). If you want a real untampered "Android" experience(quotes because nowadays no device has pure stock goodness) then any other carrier besides AT&T will do.

vailjo91#WP

Nov 10, 2010
www.facebook.com
Yeah bro I know they arent top of the line but I was just using it as an example that we do carry some android phones with more in the future and that we dont only cling to the iphone

vailjo91#WP

Nov 10, 2010
www.facebook.com
Also I had Verizon before working for ATT had all 3 droids. When a phone is replaced 5 times and still not fixed and this was on 2 of 3 phones the 3rd replaced 2 times and coverage hmmm did u not seee the lawsuit att just won with verizon. Dont beleive everything you see on tv

chilimac02

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have had ATT since 1999. It is by far the best carrier here in TX. Why? It has the best coverage. You can get 3G basically anywhere. While other companies claim to have faster networks or whatever, none of that matters because in TX it's all about coverage. Those other networks reach like 5miles off of the interstates. They are basically worthless unless you live in Dallas-Fort Worth or Houston. If you do, then you're OK. Otherwise you best get ATT dawg.

By the way, my Aria can do everything the other phones do, and still fits in my pocket comfortably. Of course it lacks the front facing camera, but so do most phones.

GKrumm

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

:eek: oh my...

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
..Anyway, back on topic - no new info about this new rumored AT&T device? Hope it's a high-end HTC device finally for AT&T.

msgnyc

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Only known pics of Motorolas Olypus Whether or not this will be the final design we will have to wait and see.
10145.jpg

wifi-cert-mb860-550x396.jpg

As for all the AT&T hate. They have the best signal coverage in my area.
So verizon has the coverage across the US. Who cares?
I don't care about that. I care about the area where I live and here AT&T has the best service out of the big 4.
Unless you've an iPhone. for some reason people with iPhones always have issues and they always blame AT&T, yet everyone with AT&T without an iPhone has no issues....... Go figure.

There is no hands down best carrier. Only a best carrier in your area. Why would someone from eastcoast care that another carrier having better coverage in the south, mid west or in the west? lol You choose what's best for you, not what's better for someone else.

Back on topic, I would really like for AT&T to start getting some more top tier Android phones. The have the Galaxy and thats about it.
They have the Dell Streak, but you can only get that through Best Buy or Dell. It's an AT&T phone yet you can't even get it through AT&T?!?!
It seems aslong as they have the iPhone every other carrier will be getting the better Android device while AT&T passes up on them.
I can;t wait until the the iPhone is nolonger exclusive. Maybe then AT&T wil open their damned eyes.

[edited]
I may have spoken too soon. Seems a new pic for the Olympus was just released today.
Sadly, it's design has been changed to look like every other phone out there.
Too bad. I liked the old design better. Now it just looks meh so far. Need a side and rear profile shot now.
motorola-olympus-tegra-2-shot.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonneh

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
^ Thanks for all the pics man. I agree it looks a little more "normal" and "regular" now instead of what appeared to be kind of unique, but, guess I'll wait for all the specs to come out to see if I want it over the other Android offerings. I was hoping this would finally be an HTC device that was high-end for AT&T...every day it seems that will never happen, lol.

P.S: Is that an LED light over there? hope so :)

vailjo91#WP

Nov 10, 2010
www.facebook.com
I cant wait for this phone to be released. Definantly is something a lot of people are wanting and I cant wait for it. From what has been passed down from the grape vien this is supposed to be the top running phone on ATT right before the Captivate. It is something exciting. @jonneh I am hoping HTC comes out with something real good for a Android device also. They had the Aria which was an alright phone and they have the Windows 7 HTC Surround but thats about it for ATT lets hope something comes soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC