Nokia is up to something

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I doubt an Android TV since they are controlled by Microsoft. A Windows TV maybe....

Microsoft only acquired Nokia's mobile device business not the rest of Nokia. That is why Microsoft will drop the name Nokia soon.

On 17 November 2014, Nokia technologies head Ramzi Haidamus disclosed that the company planned to re-enter the consumer electronics business by licensing in-house hardware designs and technologies to third-party manufacturers. Haidamus stated that the Nokia brand was "valuable" but "is diminishing in value, and that’s why it is important that we reverse that trend very quickly, imminently."[172] The next day, Nokia unveiled the N1, an Android 5.0 tablet manufactured by Foxconn, as its first product following the Microsoft sale.[173] Haidamus emphasized that devices released under these licensing agreements would be held to high standards in production quality, and would "look and feel just like Nokia built it."[6] Nokia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, Microsoft got out of the TV business with their Tivo like UltimateTV ( introduced October 26, 2000) service. I had a Ultimate TV that turned into a rock when Microsoft stop programming the Ultimate TV channel service. Then Microsoft moved into it Media Center Windows software that never got off the ground. I had a Sony Computer designed with the Microsoft Media Center software that included a build in TV card that was so under powered when recording video that just overwhelmed it's data bus to reproduce a video disk of the show.

This is Microsoft's new device that is like a Chromecast. Microsoft unveils $60 TV streaming device for Windows 8 and Android - GeekWire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21