2GHZ Processor

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Wont be here until early next year at the earliest and if you have seen the photos of that new Motorola phone that's it running the tegra2

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I would think a device with a 2 ghz processor would be a battery's worst nightmare. Now a dual-core processor seems like the best of both worlds. I don't think it will have as much raw power as the 2 ghz processor but at this point who needs that much power.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would think a device with a 2 ghz processor would be a battery's worst nightmare. Now a dual-core processor seems like the best of both worlds. I don't think it will have as much raw power as the 2 ghz processor but at this point who needs that much power.

I need that much power... :p

but I agree I'll need to carry a Car battery with me everywhere to power something like that for long period of time

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Dual core for me please. 2Ghz without that is silly willy! I think dual core devices should run fine at 1.2 to 1.5 Ghz, allowing for decent battery life.

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
@brett i can agree, look at what 1 ghz has done to our incredibles (although that is a kernel issue, not processsor)...although i do say that batteries will be bigger if the processor is speedier (imagine how big the extended batteries would have to be)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Huge I wouldn't want a phone that just ran at 2 ghz now one that had the ability to oc to that cool but I still wouldn't do it. Battery tech isn't their and we would need a 2100+ extended battery to get a few hours of use

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Huge I wouldn't want a phone that just ran at 2 ghz now one that had the ability to oc to that cool but I still wouldn't do it. Battery tech isn't their and we would need a 2100+ extended battery to get a few hours of use

Yup, it would need to have an extreme capacity in order to last half of the day (without needing to charge). If the phone doesn't have a sliding keyboard and is thin by itself, the battery that would be needed would be the size of a deck of cards haha.

Dual core is where we are heading because as Jerry (or was it Micky) said on the podcast, a little more power with half the battery consumption. If that is true then I am sold.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
All the A9 phones will be two 1(or 1.5) Ghz processors running in conjunction.... many think 1Ghz+1Ghz=2 but not in this case.

Also the dual core phones will actually use less power than singles because two unstressed cores takes less juice than one stressed core.

AlexRamallo

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
2ghz with tegra and by motorola? What a shame. Hopefully they won't include that stupid motoblur crap that came with the cliq. I think they designed the motoblur widgets with the assumption in mind that America has ADHD. Don't even mention the battery life, the 1500mah batteries that come with most Android phones just aren't enough. They should take advantage of a big screen to squeeze in a huge 2400mah battery that's big in width and height but still thin enough to be sexy, but with a 2ghz processor(which is hard to believe in itself) I really doubt they will have a big screen as well otherwise that thing would be like $700-$1000 -__-