Should I wait for my Next smartphone?

nvuppala

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I would like to buy a smartphone. I've HTC evo 4g in mind.

Is something better (in Android market) getting launched early next year?

I can wait for 2-3 months. I'm on ATT, but I can switch to Sprint or Verizon.

Please suggest.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well id wait untill after CES in january but no later. The market is always improving and you will never get a device, so pick one ya like and be happy. Seems like you have sprint in mind and they have a 30-day trial deal, so if you dont like it after 29 days take it back :D

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Im waiting for that lg star or its VZW cousin. While I canteen answer for you my advice is to wait to many great devices in the pipeline

ajbk4life1

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
well i didnt feel the need to make a new thread. i want to get mt4g for christmas or should i wait. but i dont really care for the dual cores anymore because i know it wont really be used to its potential until a couple months to a year later

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
well i didnt feel the need to make a new thread. i want to get mt4g for christmas or should i wait. but i dont really care for the dual cores anymore because i know it wont really be used to its potential until a couple months to a year later

MT4G is a beast of a phone, and so is the G2. You cannot go wrong, T-mobile gets all the goods lately.

ajbk4life1

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
thanks i guess im going to get a mt4g. i dont really see the reason in waiting for dual core phones. i mean its great but wont be used to its full potential and is there anything new that they can put on a phone ?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I see dual core as it won't be fully utilized until hunnycomb but with the benchmarks thrown down by that lg phone most likely using one core when both are fully utilized it will be a monster. But don't think this is saying don't get the mt4g its a great phone and will continue to be so

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
The reason I'm waiting for dual core isn't benchmarks or performance, but battery life. Also if any of the dual core phones in Q1 happen to be LTE I'll be stoked.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The first generations of dual cores will probably be pretty lacking in battery. Id rather wait for the 1.5 or 2nd gen dual's.

grajasekar

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The G2 and MT4G are good. If you think you can make do without a phone, try waiting for the dual core ones. But you won't see any marked gains unless you're gonna go about running benchmarks all the time. Still, I kinda am addicted to wanting the latest hardware on any device I have, and when new tech is around the corner, I'll always tell people to wait for it.

nvuppala

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Everyone...I understood that there is some App show on Jan 8th. How does that help me to pick a phone? And also, nw I come to know tht G2 and MT4G are in race...Hw abt Nexus S? Please let me know your thoughts on this.

ajbk4life1

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
i would say dont get the nexus S. i understand that its pure google and has gingerbread but it has led notification, no track pad, doesn't support sd cards or hspa+.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Meh ill get the first gen then right around my upgrade time second gen will be out or around the corner then ill pick one up. I'm really looking forward to the 28nm snapdragon that will be a beast

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1