Is anyone changing to Galaxy S6?

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: anyone changing to s6?

What could they possibly add to the S6 that would spur an upgrade from an already high-end phone?

There comes a point when you throw so much stuff into a phone that it becomes saturated and there's nothing left to do but make aesthetic changes.

The S5 is a fully loaded phone. Heck, the new iphones don't even have some of the features it has.

Maybe front-facing stereo speakers? Or maybe 6-speakers for modified surround? (four corners and middle of two long sides)

I don't think the S5 will be needing upgrading for atleast 3 years.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I have my eye on the Galaxy S6, since my Galaxy S3 is starting to show its age and rebooting and such. If this has a removable battery cover (and everything I have read is showing me the contrary), I am all in. If not, I'll get the Note 4 and be happy.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site

I upgraded my Galaxy S5 to a Note 4 in November. Although I absolutely love my Note 4, as I feared, it is just a tad too large for my personal preference. I am definitely looking forward to the release of the S6 to see if the dimensions are bit more in my comfort zone. I have always been an owner of the Galaxy S line, this was my first Note. If I could, I'd go back to my S5 until the S6 comes out, but its too close to the release to worry about wasting money like that.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site

I have my eye on the Galaxy S6, since my Galaxy S3 is starting to show its age and rebooting and such. If this has a removable battery cover (and everything I have read is showing me the contrary), I am all in. If not, I'll get the Note 4 and be happy.

Contrary means opposite... from what I've seen the S6 rumors are saying it will have a removable battery and cover....

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If the S6 is really sliq I may consider selling this Note 3 to get it. ... but it'd have to be truly awesome as I love my Notes, even this older one.

from the venerable Note 3π

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm done with Samsung...too much TW too much bloat, too laggy, just tired of the brand. Looking forward to the M9 especially if there's an offering at 5" or less.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Contrary means opposite... from what I've seen the S6 rumors are saying it will have a removable battery and cover....

I purposely put contrary, meaning everything I read was that there was no removable battery cover. I am hopeful that you are correct about that. If you are, I am all in.

Posted from my Verizon Galaxy S3 via Android Central App... And Don't Eat Yellow Snow!

Last edited:

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Depends what it looks like. I'm kinda bored w my note 4, so we'll see. I'm interested in the M9 though more.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Depends what it looks like. I'm kinda bored w my note 4, so we'll see. I'm interested in the M9 though more.

Bored with a Note 4? Oh my, I fear no phone could keep your interest if a Note 4 can't. What phone could possibly do more to inform, entertain, delight...be overall useful?

🍎 iPhablet 6+ 🐛

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Bored with a Note 4? Oh my, I fear no phone could keep your interest if a Note 4 can't. What phone could possibly do more to inform, entertain, delight...be overall useful?

iPhablet 6+

I never thought I'd say that lol. It was a great phone but too much going on w it. I never used half the stuff on it & I'm not really big on customization.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I will probably change my phone when the note 5 comes out ! Want to try the note !

Posted via the Android Central App

I have the note 2 and have an upgrade coming this July. I'm waiting for the note 5 so that I can upgrade to that bad boy. I want a note with as close to a 6" screen as I can get. Although the z4 ultra sounds good, verizon would prob never get it so I'm am waiting on the note 5.

poodoogames

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm going to wait ti get the official specs first and then decide what to get. I really want to stay with samsung but if I don't like what I see, I'm switching to something else.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'd always been a Galaxy S fan (2-5). I liked my GS5 quite a lot but changed to the Note 4. I'm really enjoying it. The change in size hasn't been an issue for me. I just hope Samsung don't make the Note 5 larger. I know that 5.7 inch Note 4 screen is the upper limit of my comfort zone.

Adegbenro Agoro. Galaxy Note 4.

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm on an S3. Definitely looking for the S6 as soon as it drops.

The slow sales of the S5 are probably a result of the S3 and S4 just being so darn good at the time that it wasn't necessary to upgrade. I suspect a lot of S3 and S4 users will jump to the S6. Like me.

jfarinella

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the opportunity to make the jump to the S6 but won't be doing it. I can't believe that they made it a closed phone (no SD and no way to swap out a battery). My S5 is the phone I had hoped Samsung would used as the next platform. I keep a ton of video's and photos on my phone and the card is important.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
More than likely. I've been a Sony, Moto, Nexus guy for the last few years but feel like giving this new Samsung a chance. I'm not pulling the trigger yet because I want to see the Fall releases first. Specifically the Note 5 and Z4. I gave up on the nexus program, they just don't come across as something the OEM's who do them are enthusiastic about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci