The Next Nexus

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I know that the Nexus S just came out but I was wondering who do you guys think the next Nexus will be made by?

Motorola - Nexus Droid
LG - Nexus LG
HTC (again) -

IDK

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
lol Nexus A - Made by Apple
(they gotta wake up to android OS sometime right?)
Prolly be Moto they seemed to have worked on honeycomb with google seems to me that itll be a tegra2 powered, 3.0 Nexus V so that it can run on Verizon CDMA/with a global sim card, with 4G lte

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I hope but as long as they do not Blur it. I don't mind Blur too much since LP does a great job but still, just knowing Blur is in it, makes me go WTF!

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Nearly a year ago, wasn't Motorola CEO that suggested they were next in line for a Nexus? Picture leaks of a new slider phone too?

I always assumed that the phone destined to be the next Nexus ended up being the Droid 2.

Every major Android release since 2.0 has been accompanied by a flagship. Or at least supposedly.

Android 2.0 was followed by the Droid. Pre Nexus era but it was a vanilla Android phone.

Android 2.1 - Nexus One

Android 2.2 - ???

Android 2.2 didn't turned out to be followed by any flagship hosting the vanilla Android. Only an upgrade to the Nexus One. I believe there may have been plans to do such, but following the weak sales of Nexus One, Google lost some clout, while Verizon and Motorola asserted. I believed that the Droid 2 was originally meant to have a vanilla Android version, which was canned, and then turned to the Droid 2 we know by adding Motoblur and Verizonware.

I also believed that HTC was also competing for this spot, and the result is, ta..ta...resulted on the G2. Nexus Two was supposed to be the Android push to the professional market and thus it is planned to have a keyboard. Hence, the sliders that eventually turned out to be both the Droid 2 and the G2.

The G2 follows the same pattern as the Nexus One. First, a vanilla Android version comes out, then followed by an HTC Sense version. Nexus One led to the HTC Desire. G2 led to the Desire Z.

Why the nixing of the Nexus name here? Perhaps it was thought Nexus wasn't marketable anymore, and T-Mobile instead wanted to revive another fabled name of Android history, the G1.

Now comes to Android 2.3, and we have the Nexus S. Which struck me as a surprise because I assumed the next ADP for Gingerbread should have been something based on the MyTouch 4G. Think of the MT4G without Sense and with Gingerbread and you get what I mean. So far the MT4G has no international version, which is odd for an HTC phone, since the MT4G represents the missing member of a possible trio of HTC Androids, with the MT4G based member slotted between Vision (Desire Z) and Ace (Desire HD).

So who will be the flag leader for Android 2.4? The way its sounding the next Google branded device might be a Tegra 2 tablet.

I want Google to pull a surprise saying Nokia would make it. hehe.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol Nokia make it. Possibly lol. I would really like a tablet. Ik everyone is going to hate me on these forums but I was planning on getting the iPad2 because the iPad is pretty cool and as much as I hate Apple I like the iPad. Well if they come up with a Nexus Tablet the iPad2 is out of the window. I really don't want a Apple product. I might get it for my mom but use it a lot haha. I guess I will wait a little longer for the Nexus Tab becuase the Android Tablets out there right now are horrible.

Icegrx

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Nexus running Android 2.4 on Verizon's 4G LTE.
Pure Google without all the Verizon crapware
*Crosses Fingers*
Oh and give it a dual core
and 4.3 inch Super AMOLED screen while we are at it.

Last edited:

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Nexus running Android 2.4 on Verizon's 4G LTE.
Pure Google without all the Verizon crapware
*Crosses Fingers*
Oh and give it a dual core
and 4.3 inch Super AMOLED screen while we are at it.

Umm i think the next Nexus will come out in December and it will run Ice-Cream or Jell-o

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Im pretty sure it will be HTC...I dont think the nexus s was supposed to be the nexus 2, hopefully that will be reserved for htc:)....well at least in my dreams....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton