HTC One E9

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
HTC E9/A55

Upleaks is at it again, rewarming a rumor that surfaced last month about a possible HTC device with a 5.5" screen and M9-calibre specs. Last month, this A55 device was touted as a possible Asia-market only addition to the HTC Desire line. Now the rumor is being repackaged to puff it as my lost love, the neglected or abandoned Hima Plus.

The story surfaced yesterday as a post on Android Headlines and is currently making the regurgitate-me rounds of other tech sites. Even Phonearena is chiming in. I guess only time will tell if this rumor merits a One E9 thread, but for now the word "Wolf!" is echoing in my ears.

Rumor: HTC One (E9) To Feature MediaTek's 64-Bit Octa-Core SoC, 3GB Of RAM And A 20MP Camera | Androidheadlines.com

HTC One E9 (A55) with 5.5-inch Quad HD screen could be launched this month

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
This looks awful. What is up with that camera on the back. It looks like it is trying to run away from the phone. It's got zero style. It is a flat pancake. Whatever they are unveiling this month that will address their "pain points" this isn't it. It is more pain.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This looks awful. What is up with that camera on the back. It looks like it is trying to run away from the phone. It's got zero style. It is a flat pancake. Whatever they are unveiling this month that will address their "pain points" this isn't it. It is more pain.

I disagree. The desire series has always been the best looking of HTC's lineup in my opinion, and this caries on it's styling cues.

I hate the color of the device in that picture though.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Kind of a moot point what most of us think about it if the damned thing's not going to leave China. I hope HTC's plans become a little clearer after their upcoming "event," but I doubt that they will. The source of the "pain points" comment was the president of HTC America, but the event in question is being held in China, and most of the leakage over the past month or so has pegged the E9 of A55 or whatever the hell as an Asia-only device. If this E9 is one of their "pain points" killers, then it seems that HTC is really only interested in going after Apple and Samsung in China. But what about the American & Euro markets? I mean, the M9 seems to be a beautiful device, but it sure ain't no answer to an iPhone 6 Plus or the Note 4 or even the Note Edge, not even if HTC actually does cough up an M9 Plus with a 5.2 screen. So I'm way confused. But that's nothing new as far as HTC is concerned.

And, I agree, the E9's design isn't gonna give Jony Ive any slepless nights.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I disagree. The desire series has always been the best looking of HTC's lineup in my opinion, and this caries on it's styling cues.

I hate the color of the device in that picture though.

There is nothing "desirable" about this phone. Mediatek? No thanks. QHD with that small battery and big screen with that SOC pushing it? No thanks. It just looks blah.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Kind of a moot point what most of us think about it if the damned thing's not going to leave China. I hope HTC's plans become a little clearer after their upcoming "event," but I doubt that they will. The source of the "pain points" comment was the president of HTC America, but the event in question is being held in China, and most of the leakage over the past month or so has pegged the E9 of A55 or whatever the hell as an Asia-only device. If this E9 is one of their "pain points" killers, then it seems that HTC is really only interested in going after Apple and Samsung in China. But what about the American & Euro markets? I mean, the M9 seems to be a beautiful device, but it sure ain't no answer to an iPhone 6 Plus or the Note 4 or even the Note Edge, not even if HTC actually does cough up an M9 Plus with a 5.2 screen. So I'm way confused. But that's nothing new as far as HTC is concerned.

And, I agree, the E9's design isn't gonna give Jony Ive any slepless nights.

That's the part I don't get. Since when is 5.2" considered a phablet? I know it is a fluid scale but I would think at this point at LEAST 5.5" and up would do it.

li2327

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I actually like the look. And If the specs are correct it may not be a bad device. I guess we will have to see. I sort of lost my love for HTC with the Evo that had terrible battery life.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
It might look "blah" but the specs are better than the M9. The Mediatek SoC hasn't been put through the ringer either so it could very well be more efficient than the 810 while performing the same. That could also mean it won't heat up as quickly as the 810 has been which means a lot less throttling like the G Flex 2 constantly does. The 810 could very well outperform the Mediatek SoC in initial benchmarks but what's the point if it's just going to throttle down to a level that's actually slower?

Alas, as pointed out, this likely won't leave China. It's a shame that HTC is giving the better phone only to China, I really hope this makes it to the U.S. but I'm not holding out. It looks like HTC isn't going to release a phablet in the U.S.

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That's the part I don't get. Since when is 5.2" considered a phablet? I know it is a fluid scale but I would think at this point at LEAST 5.5" and up would do it.

I completely agree. I'm using an HTC Desire Eye now with a 5.2" screen and it doesn't feel huge or tablet-ish. I'd like to see a 5.7" - 6" version if they could shrink the bezels all the way around.

Slick1020

Banned
Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Did the design artist behind the M9 design this phone too? If so, I think he needs to take a vacation. HTC needs to send him on a trip for inspiration.

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC E9/A55

Upleaks is at it again, rewarming a rumor that surfaced last month about a possible HTC device with a 5.5" screen and M9-calibre specs. Last month, this A55 device was touted as a possible Asia-market only addition to the HTC Desire line. Now the rumor is being repackaged to puff it as my lost love, the neglected or abandoned Hima Plus.

The story surfaced yesterday as a post on Android Headlines and is currently making the regurgitate-me rounds of other tech sites. Even Phonearena is chiming in. I guess only time will tell if this rumor merits a One E9 thread, but for now the word "Wolf!" is echoing in my ears.

Rumor: HTC One (E9) To Feature MediaTek's 64-Bit Octa-Core SoC, 3GB Of RAM And A 20MP Camera | Androidheadlines.com

HTC One E9 (A55) with 5.5-inch Quad HD screen could be launched this month

Another site to look at specs for the A55 (or e9 as some sites show) is below. They have changed some specs since it was first posted, so info (rumors) are still very fluid at this point. Interestingly, they show the product id as 0PK710 for this A55, but also for the M9+.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=7821&view=1&c=htc_one_e9_plus_td-lte_e9px_htc_a55

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=7817&view=1&c=htc_one_m9_plus_td-lte_m9px_htc_hima_ultra